[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: the turtle eyes are creepy.jpg (35 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
the turtle eyes are creepy.jpg
35 KB, 600x337
http://zap2it.com/2016/03/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-wondercon-nickelodeon-trans-dimensional-turtles/#

>Turtles Forever part 2: Nick pisses off 80's kids again

I don't want to deal with another unjustified bitchfest from denialist fanboys...
>>
From what I've seen the 87' Turtles are a lot more in character than they were in Turtles Forever. They were fucking ridiculous goof balls but they didn't piss themselves and cower in the corner when danger came along, laugh at their own jokes or give noogies. I feel like this is going to just be a shorter Turtles Forever sans cheap potshots.

These are great jokes that "get" the 87' turtles.

>"Are you going to shoot another fire hydrant at him or what?"

>80's Raph throws a Pizza at an enemy in the 2012 universe and they don't fly ass over teakettle backwards
>>
>>80623070
Why is Raphael cool, but rude?
>>
File: 1456192739701.jpg (72 KB, 687x610) Image search: [Google]
1456192739701.jpg
72 KB, 687x610
>>80623070
>filename

Jesus, they are unsettling.
>>
>>80625077
this toy is exactly what came to mind. nice fucking job modelers.
i guess this is all you can expect from someone who came up with broken-pottery-shard feet and april's ridiculous proportions
>>
>>80625077
The 80's Turtles are still pushing their toys, despite their toyline having been defunct for 20 years.
>>
File: tmnt-90s-present-crossover[1].jpg (97 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
tmnt-90s-present-crossover[1].jpg
97 KB, 720x405
i think they looked fine in this image, it could be shit lighting
>>
>>80623070
Mikey looks like that reaction image.
>>
>>80625194
The Nick toyline includes 80s-inspired and replica stuff.
>>
>>80625312
Actually, i think the 80s Turtles CGI on that pic are different renders than the ones used, and the animated classic turtles looked like dogshit on the 1st preview clip.

in this pic Raph looks pot on based on the character model done by Toei when they did the first arc.
>>
File: 1403047223058.jpg (515 KB, 1951x2000) Image search: [Google]
1403047223058.jpg
515 KB, 1951x2000
>>80623070
I'm looking forward to this

I still don't get why this show isn't more popular on here, is it just the lackluster first few episodes of the first season?

TMNT fatigue? It feels "old" so it's not exciting/interesting?

A shame, it's been quite the fun ride. Having Tennant as part of the cast now not to mention having Perlman+Tennant in an episode was fucking awesome.

Let's not forget Lo Pan from Big Trouble in Little China (A movie everyone should see) showing up as a villain outright too! Also Bruce Lee as a bad guy, holy shit! Kelly Hu as Karai, fuck yeah.
>>
File: bebop rocksteady+6.jpg (263 KB, 720x828) Image search: [Google]
bebop rocksteady+6.jpg
263 KB, 720x828
>>80627525
>I still don't get why this show isn't more popular on here

Because we have IDW's TMNT comics, we don't really need this show to provide us with new TMNT material.

The show is "fun" to be sure but let's be honest here, it's really ONLY for little kids, so it's not really that appealing to an audience older than twelve or so.

Nickelodeon's TMNT gives us toilet humor and Rob Paulsen screaming things that aren't actually funny but the screaming make little kids laugh (I guees?), IDW's TMNT keeps comedy to a minimum and doesn't go that low brow.

Nickelodeon's TMNT makes up the story as it goes along and contradicts itself at times, IDW's TMNT is capable of a flowing narrative that goes on for dozens of issues.

Nickelodeon's TMNT plays a little too loose with established ideas and characters, IDW's TMNT always finds ways to make old ideas seem fresh and interesting without too much alteration.
>>
>>80627994
How do IDW's bollocks taste mate?
>>
>>80627525
>is it just the lackluster first few episodes of the first season?
The first/second season were the best. It was the barn and general plotlines running in circles that caused a lot of people to drop it (Karai turning into a snake allowing them to avoid developing her character)

Shit just got pointless and boring, it has nothing to do with fucking "TMNT fatigue." Apparently the Donnie/April bullshit is still going on to this day so that's a plus
>>
>>80628236
Better than Nickelodeon's.
>>
>>80628236
>IDW
>NICK
Pick one
>>
>>80627525
If anything, the writing got worse after each season. There would be a cool moment here and there, the voice cast is good, and the animation and art is actually nice for a CG show, but most of the show tethers between mediocre and just plain bad.
>>
>>80627525
Fucking hiatuses
>>
Holy shit I forgot about this show for awhile.
Did season 3 ever start getting good?
>>
>>80623070
>unjustified
87 turtles aren't exactly perfect, but people go overboard in shitting on them
>>
>>80623070
>I don't want to deal with another unjustified bitchfest from denialist fanboys...

define unjustified
>>
>>80627994
>Nickelodeon's TMNT plays a little too loose with established ideas and characters, IDW's TMNT always finds ways to make old ideas seem fresh and interesting without too much alteration.
I dunno man, I think making the Turtles 15 DAYS old instead of fifteen YEARS old was a kind of offputting choice, to me anyway.
>>
>>80623070
Are you kidding?
If you were a fan of the 80's cartoon the current cartoon has been a tender caressing love letter to the old cartoon.

And that clip looks great.
Can't wait.
>>
I'm guessing Nick Don is going to have the least amount of lines.
>>
>>80632529
That, or they're going to be really obvious and in your face about how they're the same actor.

"Boy you two sound kinda similar."

"I do not!"
>>
>>80623456
Because Michelangelo is a party dood.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.