[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now that Benson is in a coma, what's going to happen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: 5 6 7 8.png (2 MB, 1161x629) Image search: [Google]
5 6 7 8.png
2 MB, 1161x629
So now that Benson is in a coma, what's going to happen to The Park?
>>
>>80611673
god dammit, did I miss another one?
>>
>>80611673
Guess it's time for Weekend at Benson's II.
>>
>>80611888
It was a leak, a couple episodes in the future, who knows how far. It's not on the schedule of episodes but it's about
Mordecai and Rigby fuck up a chance to get the Park funded so it doesn't shut down from the government, and the park is put on the chopping block. Everyone starts to move out (the ones that live there) and Benson finally tells of Mordecai and Rigby since they ruined his main life's purpose. He gets too pissed and goes into some sort of coma, maybe it was a stroke I don't know.

It was uploaded by the same guy who does some AT leaks (not Misseps, the other guy)
>>
>>80611673
Is this show STILL on?
>>
>>80612076
More like HOW is this show still on?
>>
its acid
>>
>>80612108
It's not. All the new episodes are being uploaded online. It's going the way of Korra.
>>
>>80612149
It's currently just promoting their app and site. They're doing it with TTG too and have done it with their other shows like Gumball before, it's just going in a pattern.
>>
File: ladies.png (356 KB, 505x577) Image search: [Google]
ladies.png
356 KB, 505x577
You know if it wasn't for the fact they can't fucking do it, I would've felt more sad about him going into the coma. I still felt the feels but not as extreme as it would be if they had shown they can kill characters like Benson before.
>>
>>80612216
>>80611673

Wh-what?

Is this going to be a continuing plot or is it just for this one episode?

Wait, did a leak happen? Where? Links?
>>
>>80612584
It's a meme post, I don't think this episode is actually real.

Though how caught up are you on the show? Are you aware of the Dome/Space arc that's going on?
>>
>>80612584
They've been building an arc since the dome episode.
>>
File: pmail.png (3 MB, 2524x1372) Image search: [Google]
pmail.png
3 MB, 2524x1372
>>80612658
>>80612834
1/2 (The Dome Experiment Special)
>>
File: shell.png (633 KB, 1648x598) Image search: [Google]
shell.png
633 KB, 1648x598
>>80612893
2/2 (Chili Cook Off)

Plus the Interview stating this season finale changes the course of the series.
http://www.bubbleblabber.com/nycc-2015-regular-show-press-interviews/
>>
>>80612922
>cheesers and jimbros burritos jimbros burritos

say it aint so
>>
>>80613104
Those were my 2 favorite fucking locations.

Now they're part of a fucking cover up mission and lore.

what do
>>
>>80612922
>"fans of the series since the beginning"
>those corporations are part of the cover up stuff
>most likely other stuff from earlier episodes or throughout the show are part of the plot
I wonder if Stealth Co. is a part of this.
>>
>>80612893
>>80612922

Man is this what the show's doing nowadays? Contrived "deepest lore" out of an episode that the gag was Benson being so blindsided by a small ass thing to notice the big picture?

I really hope that shit from the chili episode was just another gag and they don't follow up. Regular Show could have totally done something interesting with its setting while still being chill pseudo-stoner show in its first seasons before dwelling down to mediocrity and aborted bad romance plots as it did.
>>
File: stephen.png (779 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
stephen.png
779 KB, 1366x768
>>80613394
Your other points are good, but that scene wasn't just for a gag of benson not getting it, it was a normal gag but also showing there's more to the story.

In the dome episode, Benson gets found out while looking for his P-Mail. Dr. Dome walks up behind him listing off his information, and says "it is obvious that our plans have become apparent to you, why we sealed the park in a dome, and pumped it full of oxygen.." among other things, then he says it was a test for what was coming for the next thing in a few months (the months part was by the guy talking to the girl in pic related) and then as Benson tries to leave they simulated all the people he's known trying to talk to him.

It'd be different if it just stopped and wasn't mentioned again after "My P-Mail isn't up there!"
>>
You know, since Maellard and Gene have a connection in-hand with all this, it would explain why they left Benson out of all the Park stuff, like the Park Manager's Formal, all that stuff that had it's time. He was upset in Thomas Fights Back about not being invited, but Gene was. Maybe they're going to do something with that later (hence "fans of the show from the beginning will be blown away") about the managers and everyone actually doing secret stuff.
>>
>>80613491
>if Stephen can get his act together
>later he fucks up with the knock out and antidote darts
>he'll probably make another fuck up whenever the show decides to do the finale plot
>>
Is the movie any good?
>>
>>80614281
CJ isn't in it, and Margaret only has a "woah" line in the past, so nothing about romance. It's all about Mordecai and Rigby's friendship and saving the world from a Timenado.

It's pretty good. If you have the time, I suggest giving it a watch.
>>
I'm going to personally go to CN and find a way to talk to the executives or the big man in charge and tell him to stop the fucking show.

The ratings are shit, they haven't even looked at them because they're focused on TTG and RS has been getting it's premieres online

Say goodbye to your precious show anons
>>
>>80612216
They've killed off a lot of characters.
>>
What's the best episode of the season?
>>
>>80615559
Parkie Awards
>>
>>80615559
I liked the Dome one, but I'm a sucker for half hour specials.
>>
Has the show gotten good again yet? I'm still warty after the session which Muscle Man's tepid fractino or fucking idiot rip gash, like Jon quarter is hacking for session and season
>>
>>80616020
Uh.. what?
Yea they've mostly dropped romance stuff, Mordecai has decided to stop messing with the dating scene, CJ is gone, and after a weird future-in-smoke thing Mordecai and Margaret decided to just be friends, so no more uncomfortable moments.

Rigby and Eileen are dating, but they don't talk about it much and when they do it's actually really nice, or plot development (while also being really nice between them)

it's pretty good, plus the little bits of plots sprinkled around (rigby graduating, the build up of whatever's coming in the season finale, Thomas) is all pretty cool.

It's going to take a lot if not an impossible amount to get people to be willing to check it out again, but so far it's working alright.
>>
>>80612893
>>80613394
If done correctly, I think a big plotline would work pretty great for Regular Show. They could build it up as this huge conspiracy theory and then come up with most batshit crazy reason for why everything happened. If they go the serious route though, that would suck.

I haven't watched Regular Show since Mordecai was still with CJ though so I have no idea where they're at now.
>>
>>80616202
Depends on what you mean by serious. Do you mean like Gravity Falls style looking for clues serious or "the plot takes up a whole season" serious?

I'm thinking it'll be the latter, or more. Who knows, JG said it changes the course of the series.

I'm both excited to see where it'll go, and a little upset that it's changing it's formula.

On one hand, the show as it is, is comfy (i know, fuck off) as hell, when I'm in the mood I can just sit back and watch it. On the other hand, I love plot when it can hold my attention and uses characters I like, and I've always wanted to see these characters in a more serious and more unique setting and actually doing something for a bit.

It's a toss up, I love the show's episodic nature with some action specials in between, and I love it's chilled vibe. But if they "change the course of the series" then that means it's over, it's a whole new show with the same characters, depending on how drastic it is.

Maybe it's huge, Spark's Initiative works and they blast the park into space or whatever it looked like they were doing on those maps, I mean, it sure was detailed, so they're likely going to go through with it, atleast for a little while.

On the other hand, it could be Mordecai and Rigby getting new jobs, finally getting to the off-and-on teasing of Mordecai saying he's not going to be working at the park forever.

It's just fucking confusing. I like both ways, episodic, now, and game-changer future of the show, but I just don't want to give up the good vibes I've come to the show for.
>>
Well, good for them for doing plot after everyone stopped being invested in this show because of >romance

Idiots
>>
>>80616387
I just mean that as long as they're building up to a big joke, I would like a long plotline. If they're going for drama, I don't think I'd like it.
>>
>>80616403
Well they had Thomas for a good while even with the Romance in gear, then it turned out he was around for plot, but it wasn't game changing.

Romance dropped though so it's like a fresh start for the series I guess? I dunno.

>>80616457
That's a shame, I just hope people will start to get into the show again even if slowly, since they dropped the romance and character drama which was the /co/ reason of hating it.
>>
>>80616202
I would absolutely love to see if Regular Show could pull off the same level of nonsense that South Park just did with PC culture and ads.

Hell some of that arc feels like it could be a regular show episode.
>>
>the movie wasn't called Regular Movie
>>
>change the course of the series
if this is true, then holy fuck
>>80616457
You mean you want a long plotline but for the payoff to be a fucking joke? dude people like you are reason plotlines go down in flames in most shows
>>
Oh god.

Do-do you guys think...

Wing Kingdom could be a Shell Corporation? That's where they celebrated big occasions and went for big parties.

That place was my fucking favorite one. I swear if it was a part of the grand scheme I'm going to fucking freak out.
>>
The movie was pretty good, just got done watching it. I actually teared up when Rigby read the letter. That shit was brutal. If I got a rejection letter like that I'd fucking go to the office and talk to whoever wrote it.
>>
>>80617702
Regular Show is a comedy. I think it should focus on comedy, not some long plotline that the creators think is super deep.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.