[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SPIDER-MAN 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: What the fuck am I watching.jpg (56 KB, 395x362) Image search: [Google]
What the fuck am I watching.jpg
56 KB, 395x362
Apparently this was going to be the plot.

>Peter and Mary-Jane are living together. Peter is working as Dr. Connors' lab assistant while Mary-Jane is struggling with her acting career. Gwen, who has become Mary-Jane's friend and is dating John Jameson, recommends Mary-Jane to an over-the-top manager (reportedly Bruce Campbell), who gets her a gig in Los Angeles, but she's reluctant to go because of Peter.

>Peter is dedicating too much time to being Spider-Man in detriment of his private life, and Mary-Jane is unable to tell him something important because she keeps getting interrupted.

>J. Jonah Jameson decides to retire and sells the Daily Bugle to businessman Adrian Toomes, who is accompanied by Phineas Mason. Peter meets Toomes' adoptive daughter, Felicia Hardy, at Dr. Connors' class and they fall in love.

>Dr. Connors is developing a serum to restore his lost arm, using a sample of the symbiote Peter gave him in "Spider-Man 3".

>Toomes wants revenge on mobster Silvio Manfredi, and develops an advanced robotic suit known as "The Vulture", through which he plans to kill Manfredi and take over New York City's criminal underworld.

>The Vulture attacks a meeting between Manfredi and his lieutenants and chases him into the streets, when Spider-Man intervenes and they fight. Manfredi escapes.

>Toomes decides that, by publically killing Spider-Man, he'll validate himself as the new boss and arranges for the Vulture to attack the Daily Bugle offices and target him, to also eliminate himself as a suspect. Spider-Man intervenes, but escapes before being killed with evidence that the Vulture is a robot.
>>
ohh noooo dr connor's claaaass
>>
File: Venom.jpg (47 KB, 658x370) Image search: [Google]
Venom.jpg
47 KB, 658x370
>Spider-Man lures the Vulture into a fight at an OsCorp electromagnetic power station, where Max Dillon is one of the employees, and manages to use the power core to destroy the Vulture. However, Toomes was operating the suit with his mind and the feedback causes him to suffer a fatal heart attack.

>Mary-Jane finds out Peter has fallen in love with Felicia and breaks up with him.

>Felicia finds out from Mason that Toomes was the Vulture and that Manfredi killed her biological father, who was Toomes' old partner-in-crime, leading to Toomes adopting her. She then retrofits the remains of the Vulture into a suit of armor and becomes the Vulturess.

>Felicia goes after both Spider-Man and Manfredi, and manages to defeat Spider-Man in a fight. Before she can kill him, however, Manfredi and his men target both with advanced weaponry, and Spider-Man and the Vulturess join forces and ultimately defeat Manfredi and his men.

>Spider-Man reveals his secret identity to Felicia and urges her to spare Manfredi, but she kills him and tells Peter that if they ever cross paths again, she'll kill him as well.

>Felicia leaves for Europe with Mason, along the way sketching a new cat-based uniform and equipment for Mason to build.

>Mary-Jane leaves for L.A. without telling Peter she's pregnant.

>Jameson realizes he hates retirement, especially after Toomes, prior to his death, publishes an article praising Spider-Man's heroism during his fight with the Vulture at the office, and returns to his old job.

>Peter realizes that his life as Peter Parker is in ruins, but Spider-Man is still needed, and continues defending the city, deciding to focus solely on being a hero. Peter Parker no more.

>In an after-credits scene, Connors injects the serum he has created on himself, and begins mutating into something unhuman. As he destroys his laboratory, the glass cage containing the symbiote sample is shattered, and the sample disappears into the darkness.
>>
>>80290982
>>80291209
tl;dr >lizard is not in this movie either
>>
>>80291647
Did Raimi just not like The Lizard or what? That's all I wanted out of his shitty movies.
>>
poor Dylan Baker plays Connors for like 3 movies and when they finally do the lizard it's some Stephen Merchant looking mother fucker
>>
>>80291049
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czTksCF6X8Y
>>
>superhero knocks up his live-in girlfriend and has an extended affair resulting in her leaving him and taking his unborn child

Never in a billion years would any studio green light this. Ever.
>>
>>80291781
>his shitty movies.
raimi's spiderman movies are literally the best cape-comic movies of this century
>>
>>80292066
Still shit.
>>
>>80291987
WB once greenlit a movie where Superman dies, transfers his life force into Lois Lane, she becomes pregnant, gives birth to Superman's reincarnation, which grows into an adult in three weeks, and they rekindle their relationship in the end.
>>
>>80291647
Seriously, this was the first thing I noticed.

How much build-up does one character need?
>>
>>80292110

Then where is it?
>>
>>80292295
He'd been teased far too long. This should have been his movie.

Plot otherwise seemed OK, but I hate that return to status quo at the end.
>>
>>80290982

>>80291209

This is edgy as fuck.

While I read this, every band member in Linkin Park started cutting themselves while writing a poem for their liberal arts college poetry 101 classes titled 'anger' in a Denny's at 2 in the morning where they didn't order food just one coffee that they keep getting free refills for for hours planning to go out and shop at Hot Topic for some fedoras and black leather jackets and e-cigarettes for when they all get together and angrily masturbate to death so that they can finally not go to heaven or hell because of atheism.
>>
>>80292066
Nah they're not. Literally terrible representations of Peter and eeeeeeem jaaay
>>
>>80292066
Spider Man 2 has yet to be topped by any other cape movie. FACT
>>
>>80292869

That's not a criticism of the films
>>
>>80292993
Spiderman 2 is the epitome of overrated movies, everyone just loves it for that god damn train scene, just a boring pile of shit otherwise
>>
>>80292993
Best Spider Man movie for sure. At least one of my favorite cape movies.
>>
>>80292993
Every single Batman movie is better. That includes Batman and Robin and the Adam West one, yes.
>>
>>80292993
Spider-Man 2 was worse than fucking Green Hornet
>>
>>80293111
I don't even think about the train scene. Doc Ock is a solid villain without all the "Mwahaha, I'm gonna take over EVERYTHING!" or "I'm just a wild and CrAzY guy!" His motivations are more grounded and therefore even empathetic to the audience. Plus, Raimi got to even go full Raimi when the tentacles go haywire.
>>
>>80293254
Too sympathetic, barely even a villain
>>
>>80293254
what, he just does everything cause the arms are telling him to do it, not because of any of his own motivation
>>
>>80293201
That is a lie so big it couldn't fit on a thousand houses.
>>
>>80293313
You wouldn't listen to giant robot arms that could crush your head?
>>
>>80293254
>without all the "Mwahaha, I'm gonna take over EVERYTHING!" or "I'm just a wild and CrAzY guy!" His motivations are more grounded and therefore even empathetic to the audience

>I'll show them. I'LL SHOW THEM ALLL
>No, it wasn't me, th-the tentacles made me do it

it has now become clear you haven't even watched the movie since you were ten
>>
>>80293382
so his great grounded motivation is him not wanting to be killed by the robotic arms he made, k

you are right, audience can emphasize with that easy, I mean, I deal with my robotic arms like that all the time
>>
>>80293400
Not that long ago, granted it has been a few years. Screw it, I just like the movie. I'm done defending my opinion against other opinions. You win, I win. We all win the opinion game. The real loser is this derailed thread.
>>
>>80293453
See? We all have to deal with robot arms sometimes. Part of the circle of life.
>>
>>80291049
Came here to post this
>>
>>80290982
>>80291209
In its favor, the main supervillain dies halfway through and a good old-fashioned goon is the final boss. The notion that the climactic conflict is between to kill or not to kill for a supporting character is kind of novel.

Aside from that though, we have pure soap opera stuff like MJ's pregnancy, Peter's edgelord decision at the end, retarded ideas like Toomes somehow piloting the suit WITH HIS MIND and dying of a shock to the suit.

Kind of weird to see this one movie seeding the Lizard, Electro and Carnage all at once. Though Electro/Max might have been an in name only cameo. Lizard and Carnage are not two bad guys I would lump together. Would have been weird but could have been cool seeing them share the screen.
>>
>>80292448
>Mary Jane is pregnant
>She and Peter don't even live in the same state as each other
>Connors is The Lizard
>The symbiote is loose

Status quo?

You're a moron.
>>
>>80294190
Status quo of Peter the perma loser, having the girl troubles. There's always a villain out there. This is Brand New Day shit right here. Soft reboot to highschool Spidy status quo.
>>
>>80294188
>Carnage
Not necessarily. There was supposed to be a Venom spinoff movie, maybe that's what that hinted at.
>>
>>80294527
Right. I had forgotten they were trying to get a Venom movie up and running. I wonder who would have been in the suit. This was way before Flash Thompson's Agent Venom run.

In that case, the sequel looks to have been Spidey vs Lizard and possibly Electro. And then we got them right off the bat in Amazing.

Man, when the solo Spidey MCU movie rolls around, I hope we can get Kraven, Shocker or a non-shitty Rhino.
>>
>>80293036
>Being terrible representations of a character isn't a legitimate criticism of an adaptation
Okay.
>>
>>80295756
>terrible representation

A subjective term such as this isn't a legitimate criticism of an adaptation
>>
>>80295831
Have to agree with this guy. If faithfulness to the original were a standard of quality a movie like The Shining would be widely considered crap.
>>
>>80291209
>Peter realizes that his life as Peter Parker is in ruins, but Spider-Man is still needed, and continues defending the city, deciding to focus solely on being a hero. Peter Parker no more.

Somehow I can actually respect that. I would actually love to see that
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.