[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a idea about a boy getting a magical sword by smashing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: magic sword.jpg (2 KB, 100x101) Image search: [Google]
magic sword.jpg
2 KB, 100x101
I have a idea about a boy getting a magical sword by smashing the stone it was in.

Then he encounters a boy with another magical sword trying to fight him.

thus begins a ride of mechs, tacky vests and plot twists about being a glitch in destiny.

I'll develop this idea later.
>>
Pretty sure it's been done already.
>>
will you tell me what's been done aleady,
and who did it?
>>
>>78048609
>I have a idea about a boy getting a magical sword by smashing the stone it was in.

Okay so you're playing with Arthurian imagery, playfully bypassing Uther Pendragon's sword in the stone scene.

>Then he encounters a boy with another magical sword trying to fight him.

Well that's not enough. What's the theme, why does there have to be another magical sword? Where'd it come from?

>thus begins a ride of mechs, tacky vests and plot twists about being a glitch in destiny.

Why would there be mechs and magic swords? Aren't magic sword redundant to mechs? What's the economy of this world like that both would exist? I want to see charts.

>A "glitch in destiny"

I'm gonna emphasize to you, this is a bad idea. Destiny is almost always a lazy narrative device and even appearing to satirize the concept is not enough. It really has to be deflated that someone can somehow be elevated and not just die from dysentery like any other loser.

>I'll develop this idea later.

This is barely an elevator pitch.
>>
anyway,our main character has to fight other people with swords that have special ablities like hijacking technology,shooting lighting, and people has gone crazy with it.

plus it subverts the chosen one trope by having a smartass kid smashing the stone that holding the sword with a rock and being a glitch in destiny.
>>
>>78048683
>anyway,our main character has to fight other people with swords that have special abilities like hijacking technology,shooting lighting, and people has gone crazy with it.

What's up with these swords? Where'd they come from? Why not magic yo-yo's?

>plus it subverts the chosen one trope by having a smartass kid smashing the stone that holding the sword with a rock and being a glitch in destiny.

No, it makes your protagonist aloof and unrelatable because he arbitrarily bypassed a security measure that doesn't make sense within the established world.

You have a sword in stone because of Arthurian legend, but it doesn't make sense to secure a sword in stone in a world with mechs and other magic swords.
>>
Okay so you have a lot of ideas.

Do something with it before you show it to us.
>>
There are a plot twist about that the people our boy is fighting isn't actually people, but the universe equalent to antivirus and our boy is a virus, basically.
>>
I have an idea for a show.
There's a protagonist and an antagonist and somethings happens so the protagonist must defeat the antagonist in battle while having adventures every week with side characters.
It is then cancelled halfway through the story with no resolution.
>>
>>78048878
If anyone steals my idea I will fucking murder you.
>>
>>78048875

So you'll succeed in alienating your audience by revealing your story is just an after school special about the immune system.

"It's Escaflowne but really it's the Matrix" is not gonna win hearts and minds.
>>
>>78048609
>I have a idea about a boy getting a magical sword by smashing the stone it was in.
>Then he encounters a boy with another magical sword trying to fight him.
I'm with you so far. It's barely even a start, but if you work on it some more you could ce-

>thus begins a ride of mechs, tacky vests and plot twists about being a glitch in destiny.
Never mind. It's shit.
>>
File: Nope.png (157 KB, 726x515) Image search: [Google]
Nope.png
157 KB, 726x515
It helps if you actually develop one idea before you randomly tack a dozen different idea onto it.

I mean, let's just take the first bit.
That's solid. That's one idea. It just lacks... well, everything that might make a decent story. It's just an idea and ideas are a dime a dozen. You need to develop it before it becomes more than that.

Why was the sword in the stone? Was it there for safekeeping, was it cursed, a Thor/Mjolnir kind of deal where only the "worthy" could pull it out, or something else? Who put it there and then apparently just ignored it afterwards, so any kid could just walk up and chisel away the rock?

If getting the sword was as easy as breaking the rock, why had nobody else bothered with it? And if they had, why did they fail where the kid succeeded?

Why did the kid want the sword anyway? I mean, it's not like you need much to explain why a kid would want a cool magic sword, but apparently this kid wanted it more than anyone else or they would have done the same.

Why is it a magic sword? What's so magic about it? Why was it special enough to warrant the rock-sealing treatment? Does it have any special powers, and if so, what kind of powers?

What are the repercussions of "cheating" the sword out of the stone? If it was cursed, what happens to the curse? What if the "true" owner of the sword comes looking? How would people react if they knew he cheated? How would they react if they didn't know, and assumed he got the sword the legit way?

There's a nearly endless amount of terrain to cover here just from that one idea. The second idea pretty much doubles that since now you have multiple magic swords (and their weilders!) which not only raises a whole slew of new questions, but also complicates most of the ones we already had. The third line is just an incoherent mix of barely-concepts, so I'll just ignore it entirely.
>>
Idea for a Movie

Red Riding hood vs Goldielocks

-Wolf Tribe-
Celtic culture
Red to brown hair
Bronze age
Rides wolf
Reds main weapons are two daggers and a bow and can transform into a were wolf.

-Bear legion-
Germanic/Alpine/Anglosaxsons culture
Blonde hair blue/green eyes
Blondie is a Magic knight and is obsesse with everything just right
Iron age to semi roman influence
3 bears are 3 bara knights
Rides horse but has bears to boot

Villain would be the fairy king with dragons using divide and conquer tactics.

Coded lesbianism with Goldie and Red
>>
>>78049286
Note that I'm not outright saying your idea is bad. Decent stories have been made out of concepts that -at first glance- seemed far worse than yours. I'm just saying you need to work out the hows and whys of the most basic version of your plot, before you start adding random shit like mechs. Mechs aren't even relevant here.

Now you could just ignore all of that and just accept that your is basically one big plothole where everything only happens by the power of plot and the rule of cool. If your writing is good enough and you can make people care about your characters, that could very well work out. Hell, just look at popular stuff like Harry Potter or Wheel of Time. None of their fans give two shits about plotholes. But the problem with your idea lies a bit deeper than that since you don't have a good foundation to build your story on. You need to think more about what makes your story tick, and less about what elements you want to cram into it. You need to get your foundations right first, then think about the themes you want to deal with, and only then start wo worry about how you'll dress up your story.

Unless they're a central part of your plot, adding mechs should be the last part to worry about, right after spending a good amount of time thinking about whether mechs would even fit into the setting you've created. Right now your idea sounds more like the scribbles a bored teen makes on the back of his math homework after watching too much anime. It might sound cool, but it's not story material.
>>
>>78048756
>Why not magic yo-yo's?
I almost cannot believe there is actually a show about magic yo-yos now.

Almost, because it feels like a lost picth from the 90s that someone dug up.
>>
>>78049512
It's hard to have yo-yo battles.
>>
File: KCH_DEPO1757D.jpg (50 KB, 244x348) Image search: [Google]
KCH_DEPO1757D.jpg
50 KB, 244x348
>>78049512
>>78049801

The Japanese have of course beaten western markets to sexy yo-yo girl erotica.
>>
File: Fishing-painting.jpg (59 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
Fishing-painting.jpg
59 KB, 700x525
Reminds me of that idea from an anon about a carefree innocent boy and his stick. He uses the stick for fishing, picking fruits, hanging clothes etc. BUT only the boy sees it as a useful stick, everyone else saw it as a godawesome glowing sentient broadsword that was once belongs to an ancient conqueror.

I forgot the plot twist...
>>
>>78049801
Spinmaster game?
>>
>>78049801
Even though the yo-yo was originally crafted as a weapon
>>
>>78050725
You mean the flying guillotene?
>>
>>78049480
I'd watch it
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.