[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else think the Jessica Jones Netflix series is superior
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 11
File: 603549.jpg (85 KB, 600x935) Image search: [Google]
603549.jpg
85 KB, 600x935
Anyone else think the Jessica Jones Netflix series is superior to the actual Alias comic series?
>>
I think the show was too focused on Kilgrave. It felt like the whole show just slowly moved
>>
How have you managed to compare two pieces of dogshit and think one was of a higher quality than the other?
>>
I liked the fact that we saw her solve cases, and see it develop of the course of the book before we see the guy who destroyed her life. Everything on the show was so hyper focused on Kilgrave, with token showing of her actual profession. It makes me wonder how a season two will be held with out Kilgrave to fuel the plot. People may not be satisfied with seeing her solves cases (of the week), now. They may have wrote themselves into a bit of a corner.

Also, I totally called that they were going to make him a super-powered stalked that was 'in love with her', because she was the 'one that got away', but it still kinda annoyed me.

Funny how people though my suggestion was baseless bullshit, but the context of their relationship couldn't be lifted from comic to the TV exactly, because there are not enough heroes.
>>
>>77664843
At least her way of overcoming him was better than Jean Grey ex Machina.
>>
>>77664560
I would like to think people would have better taste than that. Then I remember this is /co/ so it doesn't matter as nobody has read/watched both anyway.
>>
Not really, both are good in different ways. I think Alias painted a more compelling character.
>>
>>77664915
She didn't even really do it herself in the show. If was a fluke after the punch that it rattled her loose of his control or something.
Better than the Jean thing, but it still wasn't that good.
>>
Malcolm was better in the show. In the comic he was an annoying minor character but in the show he had an actual arc and purpose.
>>
>>77664560
How about a compromise? Both are worthless garbage
>>
>/co/ already hates Jessica Jones

That was fast. Usually it takes at least a whole week.
>>
>>77666116
It was doomed to be hated on /co/ the second normies gave it good reviews.
>>
>>77666186
good
>>
>>77666186
I-I like it...
>>
>>77666282
Of course you do, it's Marvel!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
I don't know but you should see Amazon's top comic book sales. It's infested with Alias and Flash.

Who'd have thunk, huh?
>>
>>77666186
i know. i knew the second rave reviews started pouring in we'd have a day or two of people liking it before the assholes started displaying their unique individuality and intelligence by calling it crap and dogshit. and the /pol/ thing doesn't help
>>
>>77666327

>tfw still no Wally comics collections

suffering
>>
>>77666360
Luke Cage is cool, too bad he is wasted on that crap.
>>
>>77664560
While writing a series about a woman fighting a rapist, they included a villain whose power is literally redpilling himself.

The comic has nothing as brilliantly silly.
>>
>>77666327
i don't mind this. i don't understand why comic fags get upset when a normie watches a show and thinks "hey this is cool i wanna read some comics now". isn't that a good thing? christ knows i wouldn't mind having a few people with who i could talk to about comics outside of this poisonous website. and living in europe you encounter double the resistance to american superheroes
>>
>>77666360
But sometimes a shit show is just a shit show.
>>
>>77666398
Nuke existed in the comics a good decade and a half before The Matrix.
>>
Anything that isn't written by Bendis is better.
>>
>>77666488
nice meme
>>
>>77666478
the comic version is practically a different character
>>
>>77666416
>europe you encounter double the resistance to american superheroes
based europe.
>>
>>77666505
where's the pic? and copypasta?
I don't accept shortcuts. Either post the full pasta, or don't post at all
>>
>>77664843
I think season 2 will be the typical "find company that made me who I am" plot that happens too many times.
>>
>>77666379
psyched so much for the luke cage show. only problem is he doesn't really have rogues of his own and he's way to powerful to be bothered by ordinary criminals. i mean daredevil can die like anyone, he's got unbreakable skin and super-strength
>>
>>77666186
>normies like Jessica Jones
>/co/ hates it
>normies ignore Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
>so does /co/

Explain this, /co/, why do you still largely ignore Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. when it's not only been really good, but significantly better than Jessica Jones, since Winter Soldier.
>>
>>77666587
What are you even on about?
>>
>>77666525
>>77666525
not really. all anyone talked about here before Marvel made supers more popular was Zagor, Tex Willer and Dylan Dog.
>>
>>77666702
Don't pretend innocence. We know that you want to post that copypasta about Bendis haters.
>>
>>77666721
Oh my god, I love Dylan Dog. I'm so happy that there are more translations of his comics.
>>
>>77666673
>Agents of N.O.T.C.A.N.O.N.
>really good
>>
>>77666721
How did Europe like that Dylan Dog movie?
>>
File: Jean Grey.jpg (15 KB, 293x230) Image search: [Google]
Jean Grey.jpg
15 KB, 293x230
>>77666732
I REALLY dislike Bendis dude, that does not mean everything he've ever done is bad you pathetic meme lord.

Also, I'm not actually him.
>>
>>77666782
Go to sleep Joss
>>
>>77666810
Hm... Somehow, I don't believe you...
>>
her becoming naturally immune to him was a bit of a deflation.

Kilgrave gaining the ability permantly tell people what to do was wasted at the 11th hour, the powerup was meaningless, he didn't do anything with it.

he could have had jessica by the lady-balls forever if he was smart, just tell his sister to kill herself the moment Jessica or anyone else laid a finger on him.

also them turning Simpson into a mid-boss and then him disapeering for a supposed 2nd season was odd.
>>
>>77666782
>complains about show everyone except tween girls hates
>uses Doctor Who reaction image

Back to Tumblr, Whedon.
>>
Does the purple man actually goes purple or nah?

Or they will pull a DD and only show him literally purple like his comic counterpart on the last episode?
>>
>>77666793
everyone hated it. i actually thought that, much like constantine, it was a shitty adaptation but a fun movie on its own
>>
>>77666857
he gets a powerup that makes his veins pop out purple.

also he doesn't make it through the show, as a character like him getting off alive can't be considered much a victory considering how easily he could escape from anywhere.
>>
>>77666416
Maybe the use of the word "infested" gave my sentence a negative connotation? I think it's fine. I find it weird that no Green Arrow is selling though.

More comic book readers is always good. Maybe one day comic books will become popular again. Ok they won't but I wish they would be.
>>
>>77666825
Don't pretend innocence. We know that you are just baiting.
>>
>>77666827
>her becoming naturally immune to him was a bit of a deflation.

Plus the fact that you can determine it from the early flashbacks that she already was free of his control just makes it worse thst they tried stringing you along for so many episodes. Making her immune from day one just ruins any struggle she then has in the series, it's such an idiotic decision.
>>
>hero swears to kill the villian as he's too powerful, evil and beyond redemption.

>actually follows through.

was great, in no way should she have spared him and she didn't.
>>
>>77666898
Only a little...
>>
File: 1448213515801.png (542 KB, 803x677) Image search: [Google]
1448213515801.png
542 KB, 803x677
>>77666857
This is the closest he gets.
>>
Jessica jones not having flight is meh, I can take it or leave it.

but she should be QUITE a bit stronger physically than Luke Cage, instead of them being near equal but having a very slight edge.
>>
>>77666857

He gets purple veins for two seconds. They also don't call him Purple Man, and even his Kilgrave name is a fake, originally he was Kevin. It was like they were too embarrassed and tried to remove everything comic bookey about him.
>>
>>77666960
I wouldn't even call her an equal, her power levels had her jobbing constantly
>>
I like that Purple man/Kilgrave was less "monsterously mustach twirling evil" and more "incredibly childish, egotistical under-developed asshole"

in the comics he knows exactly what he is doing and how evil it is, but does it anyways, in the show he has no concept of evil, he completely disassociates what he does to people to their own actions.

he's just incredibly deluded, power tripping child.
>>
>>77664595
Your opinions are not allowed here fucking faggot. Go kill yourself in a fire.
>>
>>77666897
not even a popular tv show will make people read green arrow anon.
>>
>>77667000
no, she was stronger than him in their fight, she just doesn't weigh as much or have the Endurance stat set as high as his.

she knocked him out 3 times without TOO much trouble.
>>
>>77667023
I think the show more realistically portrayed how somebody with those powers would behave than the comics did.
>>
>>77667029
>this long with everyone ignoring the retard
And you had to ruin it. Well done idiot, you gave him the attention he wants.
>>
>>77667069
they did, Kilgrave is the shows greatest triumph, it accurately depicts a damaged child who gains the ability to tell anyone to do anything.

I can't imagine a 10 year old who gets that ability could ever conceivably turn good without good parenting before.

9 times out of 10 little jimmy is sending your ass to the cornfields.
>>
>>77667043
>>77667043
why is she stronger though? she's not stronger in the comics, is she? i mean luke cage once carried a giant truck on his back for several blocks just for shits and giggles. she's not stronger in the comics
>>
>>77667142
she is significanly stronger in the comics but is much less durable than him.
>>
>>77667153
their kid should be a fucking Brick-house in the comics.

flight, super strength, unbreakable skin, increased density/weight...
>>
I liked Trinity as the somewhat corrupt Lawyer, thought for sure she'd go full evil but she didn't.
>>
>>77664560
Yeah. But that was obvious from the beginning.
Still slightly disappointed in the show, though.
>>
File: lc.png (285 KB, 400x407) Image search: [Google]
lc.png
285 KB, 400x407
>>77667153
i'm not saying you're wrong or anything, i just don't know what you're basing that on. luke cage is 25+ tons at least and i've never witnessed jessica lift anything heavier
>>
File: 1405908476082.png (8 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
1405908476082.png
8 KB, 493x402
>>77664560
I've flipped through the entire comic series looking for that explicit content the cover is warning me about but couldn't find a single explicit panel.

I mean I think I saw a butt and maybe sideboob sometimes but "Explicit" seems to be a strong word.
>>
>>77667225
The anal was off panel.
>>
>>77666673
AoS might have gotten better. But dude. It's far from as good as JJ.
>>
>>77667180
well we'll never know unless some time-travel shenanigans happen
>>
>>77667134
I doubt any normal kid would be as fucked up as to tell their mother to put a burning iron on her face though. That was all Kilgrave.
>>
>>77666960
Man that fight was atrocious anyway, I wouldn't read too much in the way of powerlevels into it.

Everyone is way too fucking slow in the fight scenes in this.
>>
>>77667225
The explicit content was mostly in the language. They say "fuck" like it's going out of style.
>>
>>77667264
Yeah, well, "Implied" and "Explicit" feel like two mutually exclusive things. Anyways, the point is I was disappoint.
>>
Where'd you guys get the idea that she was stronger than Luke? I thought so during the sex scene then when he goes on his rampages he over powers her several times.
She gets a couple good hits in in their fight but that's just because she's faster.
>>
>>77667329
She was able to force him back during their first standoff. This is also while she's sporting broken ribs and a cut open leg. Damaged JJ > Luke

She was also always holding back not wanting to kill Luke where as Luke was trying to kill her the entire time and never could.
>>
>>77667409
i'm saving the show for christmas holidays, can someone just tell me if her origin is the same(chemicals) or something new? i think chemicals could be neat since matt got hs powers that way too. maybe they could be from the same company like roxxon or some shit
>>
>>77667477
The car accident still happens, but it's implied she doesn't get her powers from the accident and instead from some kind of company called IGH. It will likely be explored in the next season because they left it vague.
>>
>>77667477
Car accident killed her family. Her medical bills were covered by an organization called IGH which may be connected to giving other people powers.

It's unknown currently how she got her powers but the end of season 1 sets up that to be a plot point for the future.
>>
>>77667477
You have the car crash. But so far the origins of her powers are unknown. But it's indicated that some military organization experimented on her after the car crash when she still was in a coma.
>>
>>77667554
>>77667558
>>77667588
oh ok, thanks guys. i'm not gonna bitch before even watching the show, but i hope that won't be the plot of season two. those evil company pursuing the hero storylines are so boring to me. maybe she'll meet noah bennet
>>
>>77667329
the fact that, even holding back, she beat luke unconscious 3 times in that fight.

its a matter of STR build vs END build, and she has just enough END to make it work in her favor.
>>
>>77667554
The chemicals were probably in the truck and IGH paid for her expenses because they wanted to see what happened to her after getting exposed to them.
>>
>>77667688
i wonder why they didn't give her flight. it seems like there's this perception of flight being a "unrealistic" power, or silly-looking. but throwing around cars is perfectly fine
>>
>>77667829
>get doused in gallons of corrosive and dna changing chemicals.

>don't get a single chemical burn of any kind.

or she just has a healing factor that is very weak, but still, she should look like a shaved cat with shingles.
>>
>>77667881
she probably has it but can't make it work, in the comics she never mastered it properly up till she got Killgraved.
>>
>>77667881
She did fly, they just decided not sho show us her actually doing it. One example is her flying off with Killgrave to get him away from Nuke and his boys at the house.
>>
>>77667884
When Trish was wrapping up her broken ribs, she mentioned that she healed faster than normal people.

We don't know that chemicals were corrosive.
>>
>>77667920
She very specifically says multiple times in the show she can't fly. Just Hulk hop
>>
>>77667962
But she tried to fly after killgrave during her fight with luke. Unless she can jump horizontaly?
>>
File: 1302152817303.jpg (31 KB, 177x278) Image search: [Google]
1302152817303.jpg
31 KB, 177x278
> trinity's big fucking milf ass in those business suits
>>
>>77667999
It's called long jump
>>
File: sweating-gif.gif (471 KB, 188x174) Image search: [Google]
sweating-gif.gif
471 KB, 188x174
>>77668020
>That part when she fingers her waifu
>>
>>77664560
The entire MCU is superior to the comics to be quite honest.
>>
>>77668020
>>77668045
>trinity plays a lesbian in this
PICKED THE FUCK UP
>>
File: 1300906103195.jpg (34 KB, 192x279) Image search: [Google]
1300906103195.jpg
34 KB, 192x279
>>77668045
> lesbian waifu with biggest tits in the MCU will never be seen again
>>
>>77666844
Season two doctor who, before Tumblr sunk their teeth in
>>
>>77668020
>"Age hasn't slowed you down one bit, Trinity!"
>>
File: Haha, time to fap.gif (3 MB, 510x287) Image search: [Google]
Haha, time to fap.gif
3 MB, 510x287
>>77668045
>mfw
>>
>>77667905
>>77667905
oh yeah she says something about not knowing how to land. add that to the mystery of if she's actually bulletproof and no specifically known magnitude of her strength and her powers are incredibly ill defined.
>>
I think show did a great job on Kilgrave as a person. Much better than Bendis did.

Everything else is either okay or leaves some to be desired. But nothing was outright terrible, just the amount of focus Kilgrave got and "virus" thing. But making Kilgrave center of this season is logical because Tennant is not an actor that can stay for like 4 years on the same show... wait a minute.
>>
>>77668481
>Tennant is not an actor that can stay for like 4 years on the same show... wait a minute.
To be fair Doctor Who was literally his dream job. The only reason he left is that he did not want his experience ruined with all the drama that comes with the changing of the show runner. His hero is now his fucking father in law, guy is living the dream.
>>
there are some things bendis did well
there are some things the show did well

bendis took a joke character like killgrave and made him very human for post-modern comics
the show then took alias killgrave and adapted it in a realistic way for live action

as this anon said here >>77667134
a character like killgrave HAD to have had a bad childhood/experiment. we aren't born evil, it's a nature vs nurture thing. in the end killgrave never knew how to be good because he never had the imprinting on his adolescent years.

you give a child godlike powers he's going to act like god without knowing consequences

Killgrave dying this season was the only way to do it and the absolute right call. This is a different animal than Daredevil and I am hesitant to compare them and say which is better, but I think we can all agree that JJ is the more mature show (and that is neither good nor bad, it's just what waters it swims in dealing with PTSD)
>>
>>77668566
Was specifically Peter Davison's Doctor Tennant's favorite Doctor?

Good taste
>>
>>77668676
Yes
>>
>>77668633
One way this show differed from Daredevil is in the treatment of the villain. Daredevil season 1 was as much of an origin story for the Kingpin as it was an origin story for Daredevil. The final two shots of the season being Fisk wearing all white and Daredevil in the red suit with the clubs was definitely no coincidence.

Jessica Jones on the other hand was much more self-contained with its villain. He entered into the series already pretty much fully formed while we saw Fisk's transformation all the way through. They both had abusive childhoods but they learned from them in different ways.
>>
>>77668752
>Kilgrave
>abusive childhood
>>
>>77668843
Fucked up enough to make him hate his parents.
>>
>>77668843
He underwent torturous experiments because his parents were mad scientists. How is that not abusive?
>>
>>77668886
They stopped him becoming a vegetable.
How did you not pick up on the fact that Kilgrave is a massive asshole who views reality through a distorted lens?
>>
>>77664560
Only good marvel tv series is literally Daredevil.
>>
>>77668843
I dunno if "abusive" is the right word since the surgeries were meant to cure a disease, but he was abandoned at 10 years old...
>>
>>77668886
I don't think you get it.

Kilgrave didn't have abusive childhood, as a child he was already abusive.
>>
>>77666857
This show was a literal waste of David Tennant's talent.
>>
>>77668933
He used a power that he knowingly knew he had to force his mother to put a fucking clothes iron against her face.
He wasn't abused as a child. He was saved from an illness. And then became an abusive monster.
>>
>>77668916
>>77668939
How can a child be born without morality? Yeah, his parents were trying to save him, but did they not explain that to him or something? Surely Kilgrave must have understood that his parents were only poking needles into him to spare him a worse fate. So what the fuck happened?
>>
>>77669001
>How can a child be born without morality?
That's so naive it's cute.
>>
>>77669001
Once again, it's his god damn character. He sees everything in the way he wants to see it. In his memories he legitimately believed that Jessica had feelings for him. And in his memories from childhood all he sees is vicious, painful procedures.
>>
>>77669043
I get that, but why? His parents must have loved him before he turned 10 years old, unless they were just experimenting on him the entire time and never took the time to explain to him why they were doing it.

Actually, you know what, forget it. This is one of those nature vs nurture things that never get fucking solved so it's pointless.
>>
>>77669110
Do you think a ten year old understands or gives a crap about why needles are being poked into their spine?
>>
>>77669001

Morality is a human invention.
>>
>>77669143
Were you utterly incompetent when you were 10? If you got sat the fuck down and told that you had to had this done or become a vegetable for the rest of your life, would you later in your life be like, "Gee, I sure fucking hate my parents for doing that shit to me even though they saved my life and I'm now one of the most powerful people on the face of the earth." Either there was some terrible miscommunication between Kilgrave and his parents or you're right, Kilgrave was just a retard who never grew up.
>>
>>77669259
>would you later in your life be like, "Gee, I sure fucking hate my parents for doing that shit to me even though they saved my life and I'm now one of the most powerful people on the face of the earth."
Well no, because I'm not a deluded sociopath.
At least I like to think I'm not
>>
>>77664843
>we saw her solve cases
She took some pictures, googled, and followed some people. She was not a fucking detective. That was the extent of the entire show, really: everything was too thin.
>>
>>77669299
Do you think that maybe Kilgrave having the powers is what turned him into what he was? I know that in another thread a lot of people were unsure of whether or not they would remain benign if they were given Kilgrave's powers, regardless of any lurking variables.
>>
>>77669389
that is literally what almost every PI in the business does, I know my best friend is one.

you take pictures, follow people, bribe other people and look shit up.

that is the EXTENT of the job, stop watching Noir flicks.
>>
>>77669389
What do you think they do?
>>
>>77669433
if I had them I can say for certain i'd steal shit and do funny shit, but I wouldn't do anything malicious, I mean whats the point.

there is no satisfaction in being that powerful and using it to kill some parents you never met for kicks, only banal children would do that, AKA kilgrave.
>>
>>77669464
he thinks they sit in offices with the big shades in the rain and Dames come in and get them involved in a conspiracy where you can't trust anyone, good is bad, up is down and black is white.

and everything sounds like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiGKxCAg_0o&list=PLuFFFVb0mDdz1GXeWy-_k6oZsZNkssDGv
>>
>>77669433
Oh, no doubt. Having powers like that will mess anyone up, of that I have no illusions.
But I still object to the very idea that Kilgrave's childhood could be considered abusive.
>>
>>77669478
So Kilgrave really was just fucked up, eh? Why though? I wish there were clear answers to this shit, it's going to bug me.
>>77669503
I personally never say it was abusive, just fucked up.
>>
>>77669503
abusive in positive circumstance would still be abusive to a child.

when you are putting needles in a 9 year olds brain with no anthestic, he isn't going to come out right, especially if this lasts a few years.

it doesn't matter why you did it, its still abuse to the child, context is irrelevent, and once he gains the "Cornfield" powers its too late for him to care about context ever again.
>>
>>77669389
That is literally what a private investigator does.
>>
>>77669433
I would get myself a job, get laid and live my life. And also make crowds of people fight at the mall for the laughs
>>
>>77669555
no man, they sit in smokey rooms with whisky bottles everywhere throwing baseballs at walls waiting for Dames to come in while jazz narrates their internal monologues.
>>
>>77669547
Children undergo lumbar punctures every fucking day. There are kids out there undergoing chemo, which is not a fun or pleasant experience. Medicine can suck a lot of fucking ass before you get better.
All those kids aren't turning out sociopaths
>>
>>77669001
sociopaths and psychopaths are born every day. you can have the perfect childhood and still be the little fucker who kills cats on the side
>>
>>77669599
they also didn't get the Voice of God at the age of 10.
>>
>>77669555
>>77669567
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_2zJfEBl08
>>
>>77669611
No, they didn't. But here you are, calling the doctors of those children, and their parents, fucking abusive. For trying to make them better.
>>
>>77669567
that's how it should be, sigh...

seriously though, i'd love to see this in modern tv. only time they do it anymore is as a joke/parody. what's so funny about living the dream, i ask you?
>>
>>77664589
They have nothing else from Alias to focus on other than him
>>
>>77669439
>>77669464
>>77669555
But it's fucking BORING. We got a goddamn legal dissertation in Daredevil and it was made to seem interesting, and relevant, all we get of PI stuff is google and stalking? Her fucking "deductions" for who his parents were were
>researchers
>scientists
>reseachers
>neuro?
>pediatrics
>british?
>PROFESSORS

Like, you really needed to fucking write that down to figure it out.

For a fucking private investigator Jessica is sure oblivious as fuck when SHE'S being followed.
>>
>>77669875
you can still do fun shit with PIs. like in shows there's often a bodyguard episode where a celebrity hires them to find some stalker and they end up protecting them, or an undercover episode where they pretend to be a criminal and get close to a bad guy, so on.
>>
>>77669930
PI work is almost always boring, be glad they spiced up at all.

99 times out of 100 you are taking pictures of ugly people fucking.
>>
>>77670152
>be glad they spiced up at all.
But they didn't, since it was boring.
>>
>>77670250
for you
>>
>>77664979
>If was a fluke after the punch that it rattled her loose of his control or something.
Were you even paying attention?

>Kilgrave's mind control is carried out through an airborne virus his cells produce
>Sustained immunity is not generated by infection so secondary infections are just as bad
>Jessica has a superior physiology that gives her super strength and minor flight and whatnot so her immune system generates immunity to the Kilgrave virus after long, continuous exposure
>He loses his ability to control her
>>
>>77666810
i really liked bendis' work on daredevil and his run on ultimate spider-man was pretty solid.
>>
>>77670880
That's what I understood it as too, but then I was like but what about his parents? Then they had their talk with him and it was apparent that he did not control them 24/7 like he did with Jessica. They also where not super humans
>>
>>77664595
This
>>
>>77670950
he didn't control them because he didn't want to

as soon as he got stabbed with the scissors he controlled them and they stood no chance. remember they shortly ran away from him after he got his powers

jessica was with killgrave for about 6+ months, combined with her faster healing and stronger strength of she built up a gradual tolerance and then immunity to him
>>
All the PTSD-loving 23dgy4u fags aren't convincing me that this show is better than DD or even "the best marvel thing evar" like the filthy casuals claim it is. I almost fell asleep halfway through the last episode of this season because I wouldn't stand watching 13 episodes of self-loathing drunken bitching about "muh hard life, muh survivor story". They couldn't even give a rape episode. Hell, the way they talk about it, I could've watched a season of Heroes and never tell the difference.
>>
>>77664560

One thing that makes Jessica Jones stronger than Alias imo is that Jones tackles the ickness factor and rape aspect of purple man head on.

Alias made sure to mention that purple man never touched Jessica, presumably because marvel wasn't ready to have rape be a part of it's comics at the time, even in the max line.
>>
>>77671330
>They couldn't even give a rape episode.

>>>/pol/
>>>/tv/
>>>r/KotakuInAction
>>
>>77671685
Not that anon but I would have loved to have a rape scene just because Tennant is hot.
>>
>>77667180
Only if their powers are genetic. I doubt they have ever mentioned that in the comics, just that Cage's powers come from a prison experiment, and hers from TOP SECRET chemicals.

We don't know if that shit changed their DNA, of if it's chemicals in their blood or something else.

It could also be and epigenetics things which is only sometimes passed on (and overall we don't know a lot about them), but i doubt it since epigenetics only change how our DNA is expressed, not what it can actually do.
>>
>>77671675
There's a long list of characters who have been raped at Marvel. Bendis didn't want her to have a rape backstory.
>>
File: 1409209959487.jpg (9 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1409209959487.jpg
9 KB, 240x240
>>77668933
He'll be fine, he's not 10 anymore.
>>
>>77669001

It's called Tabula Rasa, and while it's been proven to not be entirely accurate it's not entirely wrong either. Morality is definitely taught, not something you're just born with, though we all start out with a certain level of empathy due to mirror neurons.
>>
>>77664979
I have a slightly crackpot theory on how it helped her suppress killgrave's control.

Given Jessica's proven accelerated healing, maybe getting that woman's blood on her somehow allowed her to body's immune system to create a 'cure' for kill grave's ability.
>>
>>77666373

Wait until next week's episode
>>
>>77664595

>I didn't like the comic, better watch the series.
>Hurrrrr duurrrrrhhh hurrrrr
>>
>>77672205
That's because Bendis is the biggest faggot white knight of all and doesn't want meanies hurting his precious little princesses
>>
>>77664560
The Netflix show is not written by Bendis.

So better by default.
>>
>>77677283
There's ironicly a long list of characters who have been raped by Bendis in other ways at Marvel.
Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.