[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THE DREAM IS DEAD CRACK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: image.jpg (241 KB, 1034x1040) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
241 KB, 1034x1040
So now that X-Men Apocalypse has flopped and bombed, what will happen to Fox and the X-Men franchise?
Wil Fox make a deal with Marvel Studios to put Wolverine in a movie and have MS make their X-Men movies?
Will Fox focus on Deadpool and put him in everything?
>>
>>83104058
>that number
The hypercrisis is real.
>>
>>83104058
They need to sell the franchise off for sure, no reason to keep a series at isn't making any money. Not to the MCU though, we don't need them in the universe. Or maybe the X-Men would be their own thing in their own self contained XMCU.
>>
>>83104058
>So now that X-Men Apocalypse has flopped and bombed, what will happen to Fox and the X-Men franchise?

It hasn't bomb'd yet, but it's not looking good.

>Wil Fox make a deal with Marvel Studios to put Wolverine in a movie and have MS make their X-Men movies?

No. Jackman is retiring from the role due to his age and the physical demands of a fighting role (as opposed to a more general action role like Iron Man). He can't keep lifting forever.

Rupert Murdoch doesn't share. The last time he tried, he ended up paying for a $500m divorce settlement.

>Will Fox focus on Deadpool and put him in everything?

Possibly? The first problem is that they've likely only got Reynolds for another movie as it stands - remember, when they signed him he wasn't huge, and he's already made two for them. Jennifer Lawrence was only on a three-picture deal, so if Reynolds signed up for the same, he's renegotiating after the next one, and if it does just as well, he'll cost a lot of money, especially if his other non-Deadpool movies start taking off in the meantime. There's a reason they're not getting Lawrence back, and it's not fan reaction - FOX are too cheap to hire her back. They can afford a big star or an ensemble of lesser names, but not both.

The second problem is that FOX likely has to make an X-Men movie every now and then to keep the rights. That means either Deadpool has to come out of R, or the X-Men have to go into it for the sake of brand clarity. They're unlikely to want to make them all R from here on out - unrated DVD releases are one thing, but R-ratings hurt grosses as a general rule. Even the Matrix movies couldn't keep it up, and they were huge.
>>
>>83104058
>Deadpool 2
>Deadpool and the X-Men
>Deadpool 3
>Deadpool and Domino
>The Deadpool
>Deadpool kills the X-Men Universe
>>
>>83104058
They should just give the X-Men rights back to Marvel Studios. They belong to Marvel anyway.
>>
>>83104058
>flopped and bombed
>still not out in America

You drones are the kind of ppl I could convince to burn all the Jews.
>>
>>83104370
The MCU needs the Fantastic Four and their related characters, but it's too late for the X-Men.
>>
>>83104058
>So now that X-Men Apocalypse has flopped and bombed, what will happen to Fox and the X-Men franchise?

I love this meme. It's the third largest X-men opening ever in foreign first weekend sales yet somehow it has already bombed because it didn't immediately break all records.
>>
>>83104370
die
>>
>>83104112
We need only Deadpool, girls, villains and Wolverine. Nobody gives fuck about Magneto and Cyclops.
>>
>>83104338
Now that sounds interesting, even a good plot for a reboot for the X-Men Universe should the time come.
>>
It hasn't come out yet anon
>>
>implying numbers made by disney shills and paid off reviewers matter
>>
>>83104554
>if a movie I liked got bad reviews, it's because of shills and paid off reviewers
>>
We still have New mutants, deadpool 2, Wolverine 3, Gambit, x-force and maybe another x-men movie with the Phoenix.
>>
Daily reminder that Aocalypse just had the biggest opening in the franchise and has yet to be released in China and USA

The only dead dream is getting the rights back

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men/x-men_apocalypse/box-office-x-men-apocalypse-is-the-1-movie-in-the-world-a141950

Its also number in 71 of 75 territories released.
>>
>>83104625
Who honestly wants Tatum helmed Gambit movie? He ought to be in the X-men movies, everyone knows his solo stories are absolute shit
>>
>>83104416
BvS made money too. Doesn't change that it was hated. And X-Men Apocalypse is the worse X-Men movie since Wolverine Origins (it even has a lower RT score than X-Men the last Stand). It's being trashed by critics and auidiences. Fox can't keep putting out bad movies (especially after Trank4stic)

Meanwhile, Captain America Civil War is the Citizen Kane of cape cinema.

Fox should work with Marvel Studios
>>
>>83104785
>And X-Men Apocalypse is the worse X-Men movie since Wolverine Origins (it even has a lower RT score than X-Men the last Stand)

Which is ridiculous considering it's easily the third best X-men movie to date. Critics crying it's the same shit as always is hilarious considering how much they love the stale as fuck MCU formula.
>>
>>83104641
And yet it has a lower Rotten Tomatoes score than Man of Steel and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and X-Men the Last Stand :/
>>
>>83104770
He got signed to be Gambit all way before Last Stand, iirc. And he's fan of character so...
>>
>X-Men films will continuously degrade in quality, never quite as bad as X3 but each one more boring than the last
>Marvel will continue shitting on the characters I grew up reading/watching because they don't have the cinematic rights
>so here come the Inhumans, the sort of mutants nobody cares about

god damn it
>>
>>83104770
Well it seem Tatum has a Ryan Reynold case where he wanted to be Gambit for a long time too and the movie is being made because of him
>>
>>83104058
Het rid of Singer. He's fucking stale.

Get some fresh blood. Like the Deadpool director.

Make better costumes.
>>
>>83104868
It's like a curse of the trilogy: first one is good, second is great and the third one falls short.
>>
>>83104824
>X-Men makes cookie cutter films
>critics: Oh this is so boring! Nothing new offered, everything is very cookie cutter, what is wrong with Fox!?!

>Marvel makes another cookie-cutter film
>critics: Wow, so much fun! Just turn off your brain, it's pure fun! Fun! Fun! <Mickey Mouse laughing intensifies>
>>
>>83104112
Apocalypse has made more overseas than DoFP did apparently

>>83104281
Reynolds lives for Deadpool, of course he'll do another film

>>83104446
absolute shit taste
>>
>>83104416
Are you including Deadpool in that?

Because third largest in X-Men would put it in the Pretty Fucked zone considering what they're known to have spent on this one.

>>83104641
Come on, which is it? Largest? Third largest?

None of you seem to know.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the overseas reporting - right now New Zealand is showing five times the number of theaters DoFP played to, which, given that DoFP apparently made $1,840,230 per showing, ought to put XMA on $276,034,500 just from New Zealand alone. Clearly this is not the case and we should view these figures with some caution.

However if the opening weekends are anything to guess by, then it's going to end somewhere between $351,035,810 (based on Australia, compared to Deadpool, and bearing in mind it's in 20% more theaters than Deadpool so the distribution will take a bigger bite out of that) and $381,560,663 (based on the UK). These are two of the largest overseas markets, and they're usually in line with expectations for the US market. Either of these results would be a financial disaster.

Another point worth making here is that the X-Men, in common with a lot of franchises (and not just superheroes), have often experienced falling domestic grosses matched by rising internationals across the progression of sequels. This can often result in a higher overall gross despite a drastic hit to the domestic - but it can also result in nothing more than a lesser contraction of gross. It's not looking good for the international based on these openers - what's different is that it's opened in a lot of places simultaneously, allowing someone to sit down and do some calculations and say "opening weekend high", purely because nobody's really done that before so there's no data to contradict it.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 500x750
>Critics: This movie suck
>/co/: That's it! FOX is finished!
look at you people, thinking that reviews matter
>>
>>83104370

Fox should also repay Marvel 50% of the profits they made with the X-Men movies, that money belongs to Marvel anyway.
>>
>>83105046
what about civil war was cookie cutter?
>>
>>83105046
>BvS has a shitty CGI creature
>Critics: shitty CG! Looks like the cave troll!

>TFA has a shitty CGI Schmiegel looking mother fucker
>Critics: Such compelling Villain! So great! Such a nerd!
>>
>>83105104
>daily reminder Mad Max: Fury Road lost its opening weekend to Pitch Perfect 2
>reminder Minions is #2 highest grossing animated film in U.S. of all time
>reminder Frozen is #1
>reminder all 4 Transformer films made lots of change while Pacific Rim flopped
>reminder that the same weekend Pacific Rim flopped Grown-Ups 2 made buckets of cash
>reminder Edge of Tomorrow flopped
>reminder How to Train Your Dragon 2 disappointed
>reminder the Twilight films were all financial successes

>implying public taste in movies isn't 100% absolute shit
>>
>>83104112
>Not to the MCU though, we don't need them in the universe.

I don't give a shit.

I want them in the MCU purely so that Marvel will stop pushing this nuhumans shit and start giving us good X-Men comics again. We haven't had a new X-Men story in years, solely because Marvel don't want to give FOX more material.
>>
>>83105098
But will he do another one after that at the same rate is the question. If the movies consistently make $700m, shouldn't he be asking for more money?

>>83104770
Apparently nobody. It's gone quiet.
>>
>>83104785
>Fox can't keep putting out bad movies

But they're not, the reception to their previous three installments in the X-franchise where overwhelmingly positive. Heck Days of Future Past has a higher RT score the 'Citizen Kane of cape cinema'.
>>
>>83104978
They had something good going with Vaughn.

Who did Singer threaten to out has part of the "Hollywood Club" to get brought back in?
>>
>>83104058
Not surprised. I mean I loved it, but this just means it was divisive than anything else.
>>
If there's a more fickle community than /cotv/, i've yet to find it.
>>
>>83105240
Shhh... don't try talking logic to Disneyfags.

They won't be happy until the house of mouse has a complete monopoly on every franchise in Hollywood.
>>
>>83105291
But anon. The fun. MUH FUN, ANON, MUH FUN.
>>
>>83105322
Don't forget MUH OSCARS! MUH TOTES LEGIT BEST ANIMATED FEATURE OSCARS!!
>>
>>83104058
No, but please try not to alter your pasta too much so it doesn't get past my filter, thanks.
>>
is there any information about the movie being a commercial flop and not profitable?
from what I read it made 100 million in the foreign markets in one week, and you still have the USA and 1/3 of the foreign markets.

It may not make a billion, but even if it makes 500 million that will be enough to not give it back.
>>
So either fire Singer or minimize his influence
>>
>last movies were critical and financial successes
>one low rt score
>"all their movies have been bad give the rights back"

I'm not one to cry shill but some people make me wonder
>>
>>83105240
>>83105479
X1&2 only got high RT core because they came out at a time where there weren't good cape films (like the Raimi Spider-Man films). People ate the movies up because there was no better alternative. And DoFP only got good press because it tugged at people's nostalghia goggles (like Jurrasic World and The Force Awakens)
Now Marvel Studios (Capekino) exists. People can now watch QUALITY cape films. If the X-Men films were released today, they would be trashed as being not fun (unlike MCU)
>>
>>83105105
>Implying that Fox's accounts wouldn't just make any profits disappear

I'm not sure if you are really that dumb or really that naive
>>
>>83104058
you should have used the IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT scene.
>>
shouldn't money be more appropriate than metascores to decide a serie's death?
transformers is shit but still prints money.
>>
>>83104338
>The Deadpool
>not The Dead and the Pool

>2Dead2Pool
>>
>>83105595
Wow....

Could you be any more of a fucking shill?
>>
>>83105595
>>83104785
>>83105105

Let me guess... samefag?
>>
>>83104370
Diseny should just own everything. Can't wait for Disneys Godzilla, Planets of the apes and Mad Max.
>>
>>83104785
>Captain America Civil War is the Citizen Kane of cape cinema
You mean a movie who falls apart within the first 10 minutes because the first 10 minutes has such a gigantic plot hole the rest of the premise falls apart?
>>
>>83105895
What plot hole?
>>
>>83105164
Frozen is actually great tho
>>
>>83105992
Nobody was in the room to hear him say Rosebud

Nobody was close enough to be able to hear him say Rosebud
>>
>i liked apocalypse more than civil war
my coworkers have SHIT taste i can't wait to leave this country
>>
>>83106075
Liking a movie does not mean you think it's better.
>>
>>83106001
>Frozen
>great

Pick one.
>>
>>83106021
I thought you were talking about Civil War.

I did know about the Rosebud thing and it only took me three rewatches to catch it
>>
>>83106103
what's the difference between the two concepts to plebs?

also what's with all the french street sign captchas?
>>
>>83106110
It's better than X-Men Apocalypse
>>
>>83106121
Talking about both really, because whenever someone brings up Citizen Kane like a grand masterpiece who can not be touched I just bring up that massive plothole.
>>
>>83105170
It'd be so easy to do, too.

>X-Men? Mutants? How come we've never heard of you
>We've got the greatest telepaths in the world. We routinely mindrape anyone who finds us and erase their memories of us, for our safety. But now that there's superheroes all over, maybe we can give coexistence a shot.
>>
>>83106295
>what, you mindwiped people who learned who you people are?
>send in the Sentinels
Xavier was a mistake.
>>
>>83106021
The audience was, anon. That's all that really matters.
>>
>>83105747
Or Captain Deadpool
>>
>>83106143
You are indeed a faggot.
>>
>>83106295
>>83106375
It worked for X-Men evolution
>>
>>83105170
Fuck that. I blame the whole "mutants as a hated minority" concept for how retarded the writers make the average Marvel citizen. If that didn't create the problem than it definitely exacerbated it.
>>
>>83104785
>Captain America Civil War is the Citizen Kane of cape cinema
But CA:CW wasn't a shitty, overrated and only deemed "good" and "a classic" because it was an old movie
>>
>>83106589
A few years ago they partially dropped that when the X-men moved to San Francisco
>>
>>83106375
>Xavier was a mistake.
By now, that's canonically true.
>>
>>83104583
Whoa anon we don't use logic in comparing companies
>>
>>83105164
Edge of Tomorrow was SHIT
>>
>>83106001
It was absolutely amazing first time I watched it.
>>
File: 1454249511108.jpg (138 KB, 500x459) Image search: [Google]
1454249511108.jpg
138 KB, 500x459
>>83105164
>Pacific Rim flopped
>reminder Edge of Tomorrow flopped
They didn't and stop spreading the lie that they did.
>>
>>83104058
The problem is that the bigbad Apocalypse was lame. He was boring, over-acting, and lame. And considering his name is in the title, that's a huge disappointment.

Zemo from Captain America Civil War. Or even the Mandarin from Iron Man 3.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 125x125
>>83105322
But anon the mouse makes way better movies than other studios . Why so salty
>>
File: 143079487818.png (427 KB, 601x706) Image search: [Google]
143079487818.png
427 KB, 601x706
>mfw all these mad as fuck losers
Blame Fox and WB, not us.
>>
>>83104058
>Give J-Law more screen time.

Why? It was cool when it was just Mutant-Malcolm X vs Mutant-Martin Luther King. How does Mystique fit into this? She isn't at all nearly as interesting and doesn't have nearly as a good actress playing her. I don't know if the rumors that J-Law doesn't even bother wearing the blue get-up are true because J-Law, but it is, then that's just lazy effort on J-Law's part.
>>
>>83106001
wow, just wow
>>
>>83104829
Ok take a step back does Rotten Tomatoes really mean shit. I mean there making there money back with profit so really Rotten Tomatoes means jack shit. Face it Disney is never getting the rights back unless it bombs financially not what critics say about it.
>>
>>83106912
She doesnt. Thats why she barely appears in the movie.
>>
>>83106001

I actually agree, Frozen is great. /co/'s gotta be contrarian tho'.
>>
>>83106941
Oh no, they can keep the X-Men, it would be a clusterfuck to introduce them this late.
I want the Fantastic 4 ones.
>>
>>83106912
Because Hunger Games and because Hollywood says you like her.

Thankfully many of the critics didn't like her in this movie (JLaw REALLY really gave a half-assed performance. Everyone could tell she was bored as hell). Hopefully they get rid of her for the sequel.
>>
>>83106591
>calls Citizen Kane "shitty"
>thinks CA:CW is good

The internet was a mistake...

>>83106750
Right, while Minions and Grown Ups 2 were pure kino, right?
>>
>>83106583
It's true though. Frozen is objectively better than X-men Apocalypse.
>>
>>83107028
They were all shit.

I'll take the opportunity to ask, what is this Kino shit I keep seeing spilling out of /tv/?
>>
>>83107055
>>83106983
>>83106001

How much does Disney pay you to post here?
Can you make a living off it? If so, I might want to consider a career change...
>>
>>83107057
Kinography is the highest form of cinema.
It's definition is ''Movement made art.''
>>
>>83107057
>what is this Kino shit I keep seeing spilling out of /tv/?
Autism, like everything that comes out of /tv/
>>
>>83107017

I like JLaw but she needs the right director behind her to actually make it work. She was good in Winter's Bone and is honestly pretty good in the Hunger Games movies, but it's clear she doesn't give a shit about the X-Men movies and David O Russell just brings out the worst, hammiest performances from her.
>>
>>83107065
Working as Internet shill is terrible.
>>
>>83107072
It's /tv/ autism is what it is, and nothing more.
>>
>>83107057
A good movie to me
>good (at least decent) story that isn't 100% predictable
>decent pacing
>good acting
>good characters
>good cinematography
>a strong director's vision
>good/memorable score
>some depth and symbolism doesn't hurt

So what is a good movie to you?
>>
File: Godzilla.jpg (64 KB, 419x429) Image search: [Google]
Godzilla.jpg
64 KB, 419x429
>>83107065
I don't even like Frozen that much but Apocalypse is just shittier in comparison.
>>
Would the Fantastic 4 and X-Men even fit into the MCU?
>>
>>83107108
F4 yes. X-Men not.
>>
>>83107017
I heard she was sick of playing her X-Men role. Hopefully, she gives it up and moves on. We need a hotter Mystique.
>>
>>83107057
>what is this Kino shit I keep seeing spilling out of /tv/?
Anything that isnt a cookie cutter block buster. Anything with artistic merit and unique directing vision.

In other words anything thats is not the MCU
>>
>>83107108
>>83107118
Prof X keeps mutants a secret until they are exposed. Like in X-Men evolution.
>>
>>83107096
These are all good points, and EoT had none of them.

Also it had absolutely no internal consistency.
>>
File: 27%.jpg (3 MB, 5611x2000) Image search: [Google]
27%.jpg
3 MB, 5611x2000
>>83107157
>2 months later
>still mad
>>
>>83107174
Fair enough, but you didn't answer my question.

What movie do you like?
>>
>>83104058
NEVER EVER MCU

As long as we have Quickmemes and Redditpool you are not getting the rights back.
>>
>>83107157
So kino is "horrible things boring people pretend to like to make themselves look interesting"
>>
>>83107169
I'm memeing how X-Men organically don't fit in MCU, pay no attention.
>>
>>83107228
Oh no, the X-Men you can keep them, but Fantastic 4 is coming back.
>>
>>83107233
More like "interesting things that bore plebs to death".

See Ang Lee's Hulk, the only real cape kino outside the BvS memes
>>
>>83107260
I guess we can have a deal. It would be interesting to see a comic accurate Galactus and Doom after all.

Do you have...mhhh..how do I put it? Do you mhh...how about you let that new Spider-man come to one of my parties, we can talk about the f4 migration and business better at the pool.
>>
File: bryan singer.jpg (429 KB, 1047x1572) Image search: [Google]
bryan singer.jpg
429 KB, 1047x1572
>Leave twinkino to me.
>>
>>83107228
That smug chink behind Singer knows the rights are never coming back.
>>
>>83107221
I like the MCU movies, but don't hold them in any kind of high regard.

More seriously, I really like the works of Charlie Kaufman, the Coen brothers, Iñaritu, and so on. I know that's not exactly an obscure opinion but hey.

I've also been following Edward Wright's works since his Spaced days, and I think he's one of the few current directors who understands how to make good use of motion in narrative, action and comedy.
>>
>>83104058
Did better twice as well as Superman vs Batman.
>>
>>83104058
>flopped
>bombed
source?
>>
>>83107287
Ang Lee's Hulk is what happens when you definitely have something you want to say but no clear view of what that is or how to say it. It could have been beautiful, had someone being paying attention to the actual film long enough to notice that it was a poorly-paced, badly-written mess.

BvS is just shallow pretentious bullshit from the get-go. There's no vision there, only unwarranted self-importance.
>>
>>83104058
Just get someone else to direct X-Men's next following movies, that's all they need to do.
How about Brad Bird?
>>
>Sell back the rights
>Before the USA/China release.

It's becoming pretty obvious that certain groups are really pushing agendas on social media. I won't go so far as to say that Disney itself is behind it, but damn people have been emboldened by Marvel getting to use Spider-Man.

Having the mutants in their own separate universe is actually a GOOD thing. We have decades of universe discontinuity problems because of the X-men and general Marvel Universe just not mixing well together.

The only thing that might be nice is if Marvel can hammer out a deal to use the FF like they are using Spider-Man. I know it's a pipe dream because of how bad the professional relationship is between Marvel and Fox, but I hope something happens.
>>
>>83105322
X-Men Apocalypse is the most fun X-Men movie to date
>>
>>83107363
Inaritu is crap.
>>
>>83105370
shhh. you spoil the disney narrative
anyone who saw the movie loved
>>
>>83107385
It hasn't flopped, but it has made only 3 million more than DOFP's opening, and the mediocre reviews might turn off people from going.
>>
>>83107421
Say what you will about Revenant and Birdman (which are still good, but maybe not as brilliant as everyone claims), but Babel and 21 Grams were excellent.
>>
>>83106984
you'll get neither :^)
>>
>>83107441
>anyone who saw the movie loved

Found the shill.
>>
>>83107363
I hold them in pretty high regard for what they are.

They're not Barry Lyndon, and they're not Zerkalo, or Birdman or Calvary, if you want something more modern. But they're not designed to be that either. They're very good action films with enjoyable characters and, quite often, very clear and well-managed themes. And that's pretty much what you ask for from a straight up action film. Hell, that's generally more than you ask for. People who call the MCU stuff generic don't remember that an actual generic action film looks more like a Fast&Furious film, or some other equitable tripe.
>>
File: lel.png (5 KB, 185x186) Image search: [Google]
lel.png
5 KB, 185x186
>>83107105
you can keep being buttblasted Millar prefered Apocalypse over Civil War. Do you know Mark Millar? The guy who actually wrote Civil War: The comic?
>>
>>83107509
Then Disney will sue them for making F4 movies only meant to keep the rights and they'll get those rights for free.
>>
>>83105370
The movie used half the budget of BvS and CW. Also half the marketing. It will start making money at 500m instead of the 800m needed for both BvS and CW (marvel still gets more money from merchandising but thats outside the movie itself).

Anyone thinking this has to make 1b is completely clueless.

>>83107363
I loved how Keaton made that anti-blockbuster anti-capeshit movie with Iñaritu and once it saved his career he said "well there you go Iñaritu, Im going back to capeshit, thanks for the memes, AMIGO!"
>>
>>83107538
>The guy who actually wrote Civil War: The comic?

Of course the person who wrote such garbage likes Apocalypse.
>>
>>83107478
It's actually not bad considering that the movie lacks Wolverine except cameo
>>
>>83107563
Birdman wasn't really anti-blockbuster or anti-capeshit.

It poked fun at these things, but the film was more about ego than any meta commentary on the state of film-making.
>>
>>83107513
You know what, I can be a shill. At least there will be a balance, as you drones are insufferable

>>83107570
Lel. Both movie and comic are garbage. Albeit movie is more of a garbage
>>
>>83104058
I'm getting real sick of these threads.

Even if Apocalypse does flop, which is obviously won't, Fox wouldn't sell back the rights at all. Deadpool crushed records and they have plans for X-men movies probably for the next 10 years.

Its guaranteed money.
>>
>>83107627
>Lel. Both movie and comic are garbage. Albeit movie is more of a garbage

t. contrarian
Your opinion is irrelevant.
>>
>>83107406
>Having the mutants in their own separate universe is actually a GOOD thing.
It isn't though. The X-Men belong in the same universe as the Avengers. They are family. Plus the MCU would actually treat the X-Men with respect.
>>
>>83107388
>was a poorly-paced, badly-written mess.
See? I told you kino bore plebs to death.
>>
>>83107634
Marveldrones are buttblasted because Apocalypse has good word of mouth
>>
>>83107634
>have plans for X-men movies probably for the next 10 years
Like a Sinister Six movie, and one based on Aunt May, and one for Venom ...
>>
>>83107563
I think it's annoying that the Oscars gave BP, Director, Screenplay, and Cinematography to a film that shit all over capeshit...

And then they gave Best Animated feature to Big Hero 6 -- a capeshit film, and arguably worse than three films nominated (plus the fourth, un-nominated Lego Movie) -- it's as if they wanted to confirm that they only see animation as a kid's medium and since capeshit is for kids they felt okay giving Disney an un-deserved award.
>>
>>83107541
>Then Disney will sue them

/tvirgins/ already shitposting?

Thie thread is SHIT, mods, where are you?
>>
>>83107663
Source?
4chan's opinion is completely irrelevant, let me remind you.
>>
>>83104502
>that sounds interesting
You have to be over 18 to post here.
>>
>>83107645
t. marvelshill

your opinion is like your mouse overlord: garbage

>>83107656
Just like they did with Spider-Man? Enjoy Stark fucking Aunt May.
>>
>>83107684
It's true, look it up, if they blatantly make movies to keep the rights they can sue them.
>>
>>83107685
Do you know what a "word of mouth" is?
A. Word. Of. Mouth.

>>83107684
Let's do our duty and report this thread
>>
File: bait-patrick.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
bait-patrick.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>83107627
>lel.
>more of a garbage
>trusting the opinion of the guy who wrote Trouble
>implying the movie was worse than the comic
>>
>>83107410
Rotten Tomatoes disagrees

Civil War was more fun senpai
>>
>>83107656
>Plus the MCU would actually treat the X-Men with respect.
No, they wouldnt. See Wanda and her shitty outfit that looks nothing like the leotard from the comic books. When Psylocke gets a more accurate costume with the Foxmen than Wanda in the MCU you see that the "accurate treatment bs"' doesnt fly anymore.

And no, they are not family. Cap is a faggot and always was a faggot to the X-men. See the last 20 years of comic books. They only give Wolverine a free pass.
>>
>>83107717
>Let's do our duty and report this thread

Yeah, better nuke this now that you are getting mad as fuck.
>>
>>83107627
>Albeit movie is more of a garbage

Yeah lets be honest, the movie had ZERO stakes and nothing important really happend beyond introducing Black Panther and Spider-man.
>>
>>83107728
And that's all Psylocke has, an outfit, that's all there is to that character because she has less lines than the plot device that Magneto's wife was.
>>
>>83107720
more spongebob pls, or evans. the thread is already cancerous

>>83107726
What Rotten Tomatoes think of boxers? Or are standard panties okay?
>>
>>83107657
It was a bad film. Kino is a ridiculous term, but if that's the phrase the kids are using these days to describe great cinema, it doesn't include Hulk. Hulk does not belong in the same category as something like Stalker.

>>83107672
Birdman was actually good though.

The problem with the Oscars and animation is that none of the judges actually watched any of the films they were judging.
>>
>>83107685
The quickmeme scene is getting good word of mouth.

Now the impossible happened, and the mcudrones are complaining about lighthearted fun and memes because movies are serious business!
>>
>>83107706

No, it doesn't work like that you fucking idiot, everybody knows it.

Your trolling is as gay as Chris evans laughing.
>>
>>83107663
>good word of mouth
>RT score less than MoS and ASM2
Suuuure....
>>
>>83107690
I'm sorry, why are you acting as if your opinion was relevant?

>>83107782
Source?
>>
>>83107734
I am mad for crack

>>83107758
It was mostly toys bitchslapping each other with shitty cgi
>>
>>83107770
Except they are putting her in X-force as main character.
>>
>>83107663

What? No it doesn't. I liked Apocalypse but the critical reaction is mixed and the fan reaction I've seen is actually way worse.

It turns out normal people don't like movies with no act structure and no main characters. Not particularly surprising. I liked it because it was weird and different, but the reaction to it has been flat-out bad from a lot of people.
>>
File: Stop Invincible Kek.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
Stop Invincible Kek.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>83107669
Why are you comparing Sony to Fox?

Fox owns a goddamn pantheon of characters, ripe for spinoff potential.

Sony ONLY had Spider-man, making their attempt at a viable universe extremely limited.

And beyond that Sony was literally making less and less money on the property with worse and worse films.
>>
>>83107770
So? Nobody is fan of Psylocke because of her personality.
>>
>>83107803
And people loved it and it's the 4th most succesful superhero movie right now.
>>
>>83107801
>I'm sorry, why are you acting as if your opinion was relevant?
better question, why are you such a tool?
>>
>>83107770

Psylocke has her powers, MCU Wanda is a telekinetic-psychic, something she has never been in the comics.
>>
>>83107825
There are no fans of Psylocke.

>>83107833
Says the one fighting the establishment by defending the franchise no one truly cared about.
>>
>>83107801
I have friends that watched it 3 times because of that single scene and they tell their friends to watch it. Sure, I liked the movie, but not enough to watch it more than once at the theater.

Wait, you were expecting a source like a word of mouth detector or a study made by a famous college? You realize what word of mouth is?
>>
File: name this image.png (107 KB, 277x316) Image search: [Google]
name this image.png
107 KB, 277x316
X-Men will now just be co-stars and cameos for Deadpool to make fun of.
>>
>>83107831
People also love One Direction

Can someone explain to me one thing? Why are you so afraid of X-Men? Do they make you feel insecure? If they do bad, you gain nothing. If they do good, you lose nothing? Why are you so buttravaged?
>>
>>83107860
AYYY
>>
>>83107865
>anecdotal evidence
I could right now say that 3 of my friends hated it.
Post proof of that word of mouth.
>>
>>83107728
>>Plus the MCU would actually treat the X-Men with respect.

>Iron Man created Ultron despite Hank Pym being around.
>Falcon is a jock with a drone instead of a boy scout with an eagle.
>Scarlert Witch is shit, people like her because they like the actrees.
>Cap is not heartwarming.
>Tony was never alcoholic.
>Bruce Banner is not important.
>Ultron makes quips
>Baron Zemo is just a regular dude, not a nazi descendant.

/tvirgins/ should stop talking about comic book movies, you don't know shit and it shows.
>>
>>83107862
Or maybe I am tired of marveldrones shitting up any decent discussion? You have your own sandbox, go poop there. We don't want Assvengers hijacking X-Men, like in comics.
>>
>>83107886
>If they do bad, you gain nothing. If they do good, you lose nothing?
This. At this point you are not getting the rights back. Ever.
>>
>>83107886
Why are you projecting so much, drone?

>>83107860
>MCU Wanda is a telekinetic-psychic, something she has never been in the comics.
>>
>>83107904
Better show me where disney had touched you that you're such a faggot
>>
>>83104058
THE AGE OF MARVEL STUDIOS AND DISNEY HAS COME! EVERY SUPER HERO MOVIE WILL BOMB UNTIL THEY SELL RIGHTS!
>>
>>83107881
>yfw Deadpool Cinematic Universe
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 917x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 917x384
>DoFP
>Mystique saved Logan from Weapon X
>X-Men Apocalypse
>Logan in Weapon X
>both directed by Singer
>>
>>83107904
>Proof of word of mouth
I knew mcudrones were retarded but not this much.

There literally cant be proof of word of mouth. Its not a document. Its not something you can quantify.
>>
>>83107919
There's no discussion about Fox's BvS.

>>83107953
Waiting for proof.
>>
>>83107935
You keep using the buzzwords, but I don't think you know what they mean dude

Does my happiness that we had a fun movie really triggers you? It's very telling that you have to start a flamewar over capeshit movie.
>>
>>83104058

This post reminds of yesterday, I was with my GF and she was sucking my dick so I told her that I wanted to fuck her doggy style so we did.

It has nothing to do with the thread but I know that /tvirgins/ get mad as hell when they heard about somebody getting laid, so there you go.
>>
>>83107815
>implying people actually care about quality films
>what is Minions, Frozen, Transformers, Twilight....
>>
>>83107976
So the ''good word of mouth'' thing came out of your ass?

>>83107990
But here you are, raging about everything.
>>
This large franchise of X-men movies and a little Deadpool on the side is going to become saturated with Deadpool within the next 3 years.
>>
>>83107985
Lel, keep waiting retard
>>
>>83107972
Explained in the movie. You dont have to watch it, but you dont have to repeat this meme.

Logan is captured later again by Striker.

This echoes the DoFP scene in which Beast says that time corrects itself and some things cannot be avoided.
>>
>>83108014
No, its from anecdotal evidence. You know... what word of mouth is..anecdotal evidence.
>>
>>83108019
I'll have to because there's none.

>>83108022
>Logan is captured later again by Striker.
So it was absolutely pointless?
Why put Mystique as Stryker in the first place?
>>
>>83108014
I am actually curious. Why are you so negative? Why do you even bother about the X-Men? They are in different league. They will not threaten your precious mcu. As a matter of fact, thanks to the fact, that X-Men are separate, you can enjoy Black Panther, GOTG, Ant-Man. Do you really want it to change?
>>
>>83108054
You know what is pointless? This thread.
>>
>>83108048
So it's irrelevant, gotcha.

>>83108058
Oh no, right now nothing can threaten the MCU, i'm just here to laugh at another failure.
>>
>>83107228
Good. X-Men don't belong in the MCU. The F4 rights at least do though. I've still got hopes for an at least halfway decent movie adaptation at some point in the future.
>>
>>83108054

>Why put Mystique as Stryker in the first place?

It was apparently a studio thing. People thought the movie ending with Wolverine just being taken by Stryker was "too sad" so they added the Mystique eyes thing at the last second to imply something happier.
>>
>>83108084
>i'm just here to laugh at another failure.
But why? How does X-Men affect your enjoyment of mcu? I really try to understand what is going on in your brain, because it's really disturbing

I hope that you won't go to school and start shooting people over that.
>>
>>83108079
We are here to poke fun at the movie.
>>
>>83108084
>right now nothing can threaten the MCU
Thanks for repeating what he is saying.

And he has a point. The fact that you dont own the X-men gave the MCU plenty of room to introduce less known characters. Good less known characters.
>>
>>83108130
>How does X-Men affect your enjoyment of mcu?
It doesn't, i'm here to laugh at this.
>>
>>83108137
But the movie was good? I mean, it's not like you watched it. It's not like you are invested in the characters. It's like I was laughing at how shitty Spider-Man, or Black Panther is, even if I have no interest in watching them ever.

It would be retarded
>>
>>83108084

Disney shills leave, nobody cares about your console wars.

Marvel vs Marvel, holy shit get laid loser faggots!
>>
>>83108175
>But the movie was good?

According to a few drones that want to hate the popular thing.
>>
>>83108171
Why? Did you watch the movie?
I don't remember x-fags coming to your threads and laughing about how retarded Civil War was. No one was interrupting in your fun. And then you wonder why people call you drones, shills, cucks.

But karma is a bitch.
>>
>>83108084
CW could have made 3 billions, Avengers could make 4 billions, but you will never ever be able to buy the X-men rights back. Doesnt matter how rich you are.

(not you, of course, you are a sad loser, I mean the jews at disney)
>>
These thread is just a bunch of /tv/ faggots shilling for disney.

Can we just move on and report? Clearly they don't want to discuss movies, just shipost.

We all know that /tv/ is the worse board by far so lets not allow /co/ to become just as bad.
>>
>>83104641
>$100 millions foreign
>Biggest opening
u wot

Both DoFP and Deadpool opened with around $130 millions (always foreign), and the latter was limited by the R-rating, and that's not counting China for both (DP had no China at all)
>>
>>83104058
>Will Fox focus on Deadpool and put him in everything?

Pretty much, to FOX he is the new wolverine now
>>
>>83108215
>I don't remember x-fags coming to your threads

Of course they can't, their franchise has had some of the worst superhero movies ever made, and everyone loved CW.
>>
Deadpool Cinematic Universe incoming.
>>
Whatever it takes for X-Men comics to be good again
>>
>>83108272
lel, you can't even reply something witty or original.
>>
>>83108215
Your shitty bosses are holding the X-Men and FF hostage and raping them out of Spite and Greed, Fox Employee.
They belong to Marvel studios. Of course fans are pissed.
>>
File: 1424471296090.jpg (81 KB, 456x386) Image search: [Google]
1424471296090.jpg
81 KB, 456x386
Seriously people, report and ignore.

This is a bait thread ''now that the movie that hans't opened in most of the world flopped and bombed''

Are you people dumb or you just enjoy bait?
>>
I want to dedicate this song to MCUcks.
The song should satisfy their teenage angst
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsCD5XCu6CM
>>
>>83108301
I thought they were going to kill them in a few months with Death of X.

>>83108272
Are you talking about the foxverse or the mcu? Because even turds like Origins and X3 are better than Thor movies.
>>
File: cap.jpg (175 KB, 527x518) Image search: [Google]
cap.jpg
175 KB, 527x518
Report and igonre people, bait thread made by /tvirgins/ while they jerk off to Chris Evans pics.

Do you want to argue with THAT? Disney shills are the worse
>>
>>83108272
Kek, wow you're not even trying to hide the fact that you're a shill. Jesus Christ...
>>
>>83108326
>hostage
I don't remember gun pointed to marvel's head.
I guess that when marvel needed money, it was all right. You know, nothing stops Disney from buying X-Men. They have gazillion of dollars.

You know who is really raping The X-Men and FF? Disney. We would never get r-rated Deadpool, and we would never get DOFP, if the rights belonged to marvel. FF is another matter, but it's possible that it will come back.

>>83108328
don't worry, I did my duty. it's my last reply here
>>
>>83108326
Cant be raped more than Tony Stark and Thor in the MCU.

>But it was well received!
Yes, but its a completely new character that only shares the name with the comic book Tony Stark.

Just make X-men videogames, F4 videogames, then your own videogame universe and fuck off. You can make good money and tell good stories even if you dont have the movie rightd.
>>
>>83108388
>We would never get r-rated Deadpool
So much this.
>>
>>83108326
>they belong to Marvel

Man, you sure sound entitled considering you're more likely than not a random dude with no affiliation with Disney and don't personally profit from Marvel getting their properties....

Or am I wrong, and are you a Disney employee?
>>
These thread is now a waifu thread, claim your waifu before anyone else does.

Claimed!
>>
>>83108383
Chris Evans is a better actor than everyone in the X-Men franchise.
>>
File: 1443588555833.jpg (82 KB, 624x808) Image search: [Google]
1443588555833.jpg
82 KB, 624x808
>>83108453
>05/24/16(Tue)11:46:11 No.83108453

Big Barda is a waifu among waifus!
>>
>>83108453
thanks nippon
>>
>>83108330
>The song should satisfy their teenage angst

What you mean homie, we happy as hell right now. Everything falling in place for us.
>>
>>83108473

No, Chris Evans sucks, that's why nobody gives a shit about his movies outside the Marvel realm.
>>
>>83108397
>Just make X-men videogames, F4 videogames
They can't, Fox will sure them (because Fox are dicks). Marvel has to be careful creating X-Men/FF related license properties because Fox keeps trying to sue them (Fox is thr petty).
>>
File: 1451821241920.gif (2 MB, 385x447) Image search: [Google]
1451821241920.gif
2 MB, 385x447
X-men Evolution was the only time that I had a waifu or at the very least really wanted to date girls that were like those girls
>>
>>83105170
It's not like Marvel has any good comic pubblishing nowdays in general, to begin with. X-Men comics are mediocre, because most of the Marvel comics are shit, not because of the movie rights .
>>
>>83108473
Kek, don't make me laugh. Not even an X-Men fan really but...

>Hugh Jackman: 1 Oscar nomination
>Jennifer Lawrence: 1 Oscar win, 3 other nominations (even if I personally am sick of her...)
>Michael Fassbender: 2 Oscar nominations
>Ian McKellan: 2 Oscar nominations

Meanwhile...

>Chris Evans: 1 People's Choice Award
>>
>>83108341
>Are you talking about the foxverse or the mcu? Because even turds like Origins and X3 are better than Thor movies.

Not really, Thor movies are mediocre, but watchable.
Origins and X3 are legitimately bad movies.

>>83108385
Everyone who opposes you is a shill?
Being one of the few fans of this franchise it must be hard living.
>>
File: 1423586693415.jpg (80 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1423586693415.jpg
80 KB, 600x800
>>83108534

Then I started looking into real life waifus, getting laid and shit and leave all that faggotry behind
>>
File: I laugh, but deep inside I cry.jpg (7 KB, 293x262) Image search: [Google]
I laugh, but deep inside I cry.jpg
7 KB, 293x262
>>83108548
>People's Choice Award
>>
>>83108568
Fun fact.... I'm not a fan of the franchise. Hell, I don't have any plans to even see Apocalypse.

I just know a Disney shill when I see them.
>>
>>83108548
Only McKellan is a legitimately good actor in there, including Evans.

Hugh Jackman has never had range and has never had a succesful career outside of X-Men, Jennifer Lawrence got a pass for being the industry's sweetheart and Fassbender hasn't done anything remarkable ever aside from looking like a psycho Magneto, but that's because he has a good talent at showing no emotions.
>>
>>83108626
You actually should. Apocalypse was really spot-on with his speeches and philosophy.

The movie has flaws, but they are easily overlooked
>>
>>83108650
It was actually pretty bad.
The fact that only people who want to hate the MCU pretend to like it says enough.

It's a movie that drags on action scenes to hide the fact that there's no plot in it.
There's Apocalypse, he recruits guys, and you have to beat him, that's all.

Honorable mention to the fact that every single character aside from McAvoy and Fassbender is a complete miscast.
>>
I knew Havok was going to die.
With Cyclops in the franchise again, Singer already has his good ol' punching bag back.
>>
>>83108644
>Hugh Jackman has never had range and has never had a succesful career outside of X-Men

Oscar nomination for Le Misserables, singing like a mother fucker!

While Evans... I don't know his only rol that I remember outside Cap was on Scott Pilgrim and the Fantastic Four
>>
>>83108774
Les Misserables was a fucking cringefest.
Don't know how I managed to get to the credits.

>While Evans...
But I agree Evans is not a good actor.
>>
>>83108710

Buzzwords are not real opinions anon, try getting a life.
>>
>>83108710
Are you serious? Jubilee and Quicksilver was also a miscast? Nightcrawler was cute and awesome.
Cyclops is finally a leader of a team. Jean is a classy bitch, just like in comics.

Horsemen might have more development, but given how overloaded the cast was already, it would be stuffed. Hell, the movie was actually shortened.

You also get a final epic fight that is very very in vein of... mcu.

There are numerous great scenes. I feel like you didn't watch the movie, but just repeat some of the negative reviews.

The problem of the movie is that when you describe it, it sounds meh, but when you actually see it, it's astonishing.
>>
>>83108810
At this point the word 'buzzword' is a buzzword itself.
What buzzwords?
>>
>>83107151
If Olivia Munn, who lacks an Oscar, could demand comic-accurate outfit instead of Singer one, then I would be happy if next Mystique would ask for classic outfit too.
>>
>>83108710
>The fact that only people who want to hate the MCU pretend to like it says enough.
sadly this, remember how everyone bitched about AoU having dumb quips and an annoying villain with a simple motivation? Well, this is pretty much AoU, Apocalypse uses fucking satellites to learn that the earth is fucked up and in the same way as Ultron goes on a fit rage to seek his Horsemen to destroy the world.
And the saddest thing is that this movie shat all over the greatness that DofP was
>>
>>83107151
she recently said that if they want to employ her for next movie, they have to offer her a huge contract. I hope they won't, she is the only real flaw of the movie
>>
>>83108839
>>83108710
I can't tell who's the shill anymore of if they both are
>>
Does FF come into the MCU as a film series, Netflix show, or ABC show?
>>
>>83108839
I can't say anything about Jubilee because she shows no character and powers.
She has like 5 minutes of screentime.
Quicksilver was good, but because of the action, any decent actor with a white hair dye could do it.

Nightcrawler and Cyclops didn't show anything remarkable, can't say anything.

And fuck off, Sophie Turner is a fucking horrible actress.

>You also get a final epic fight that is very very in vein of... mcu.
I don't give a fuck about the MCU, and none of that has anything to do with casting.

>it's astonishing.
The fuck are you talking about.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.