[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alfredo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: fettuccine-alfredo.jpg (48 KB, 780x441) Image search: [Google]
fettuccine-alfredo.jpg
48 KB, 780x441
I have:

-pasta (linguine)
-decent parmesan
-eggs
-cream
-butter
-oil
-average ham
-mushrooms

Tell me how to make a nice Alfredo, my sister makes it so well, but it's like 5am over in Gaynada.
>>
This board hates Alfredo, they're a bunch of tomato whores
>>
File: mmmmm.jpg (108 KB, 380x253) Image search: [Google]
mmmmm.jpg
108 KB, 380x253
>>7762577
>>
>>7760908
Boil your pasta
Saute the mushrooms with a few tablespoons of butter and oil
Add ham once the mushrooms are mostly cooked and let slightly brown
Add enough flour to the fat so that the texture is similar to wet sand
Now take cold cream and whisk it into the mixture
Bring to boil and lower heat until it is as thick as you want
Add some parmesean/salt/pepper TT
Mix in pasta
There ya go. Prob sprinkle extra parmesean on top
If you don't have flour, go buy some you need it
>>
>>7762816
>making bechamel for alfredo
>>
>>7760908
you have like
none of the ingredients you need
>>
>>7762816
you don't need flour.

>>7760908
reduce cream and add roasted garlic and parmesan
>>
>>7760908
Just make carbonara, much as I hate Italian food arrogance, Alfredo doesn't exist.
>>
>>7765766
Doesn't exist as a traditional recipe, or doesn't have a set "this is the recipe from which all other alfredo recipes derive" recipe? It most certainly exists.

And carbonara, as wonderful as it is when made properly, and even improperly, is most certainly not the creamy goodness that is [pasta] alfredo with [protein].

>>7763150
>>7763319
depends on how much fat/oil is left in the pan after cooking the ham and mushrooms. The sauce at its simplest doesn't require a roux, but when altered/made with particularly greasy ham or something like chicken thighs or duck, the cream will always float the oil unless it's bound to flour.
>>
>>7760908
Cream, butter, parm, nutmeg.
>>
>>7766574
Nutmeg? Fuck off. Garlic, black pepper, and oregano are all you need.
>>
>>7766594
Lol no way senpai, try it and report back. You're ruining it with that whoregano.
>>
File: 1457818591275.jpg (17 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1457818591275.jpg
17 KB, 320x320
>>7762816
OP didn't ask for a carbonara recipe!
>>
>>7766092
Was just having a go. I have an Italian partner and they scoff at whenever someone suggests Alfredo, it pisses me off so much even though I don't even like Alfredo.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.