[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Barista Basics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 275x183
So I just quit an office job of 3 years and I got a interview at a restaurant as a barista. I have a friend working there who says they would train me on the machines but i want to know a bit going in. Where can i learn this? I was also told the espresso machine brand is maestro but google brings up three brands none named maestro but with maestro model products
>>
Why did you go backwards
>>
>>7634547
office jobs are not my style. plus easier to do the college stoner thing at a restaurant
>>
>>7634558

What part of starting work at 5:30am, getting harassed by jittery stimulant junkies 8 hours a day, and constant scaldings from steam, boiling water and hot metal is conducive to the stoner lifestyle?

You've made a sizable mistake, I dare say.
>>
>>7634545
Assuming it isn't some super artisan hipster place, it isn't going to be that hard. Once you steam a few pitchers of milk and pull a dozen shots, you'll know what you're doing. The hardest part is dealing with picky customers.
>>
>>7634933
This. White women are the worst customers.
>fatties come in to order large skim lattes
>others send drinks back all time
>>
>>7634870
This, you seriously fucked up. Nothing would have stopped you from toking up after work in the office, and I daresay the office will prove to have been a less stressful environment. Food employers are more likely to drug test you too.
>>
>>7634945

Guy turns up to work stoned, 50 customer in 20 minutes later, fetal position, crying on the walk-in floor.
>>
File: image.png (603 KB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
image.png
603 KB, 1242x2208
Here. Any other tips or any help at all?
>>
>>7634969
>>7634933
>>7634870
>>7634945
these people never worked in fast food
>>
>>7634945

>food employers are more likely to drug test you

HAHAHhahahahah

i worked in relatively nice restaurants (~$30 plate) for 3 years and the average cook showed up to work on dabs/high, drunk or on pills and the managers didn't give a fuck as long as he kept slinging food like a good kitchen bitch

ive literally never heard of a kitchen drug testing ever.
>>
So i got the job. Im now the weekend night barista for a french bistro...totally got it
>>
>>7635842

>weekend night barista

enjoy your $800/month income
>>
>>7634945
Drug testing that would explain the dish washer just hired in and nodding off on heroin with the sprayer still in his hand where I work.

Seriously, one of our fry cooks just smokes out of his pen and blows it up into the vent while he's on the line. >>7635842 is totally set. Way to go anon.
>>
>>7635172

It's considered a mark of respect by most of society.
>>
yeah if most restaurants drug tested with any frequency there wouldn't be any employees
>>
>>7634545
Normally I'd call you a retard but I did have office jobs at one time so good on you, man.
>>
File: 1449121910609.jpg (44 KB, 484x311) Image search: [Google]
1449121910609.jpg
44 KB, 484x311
>>7634945
>service industry
>drug testing
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHO DO YOU THINK EVEN WANTS THOSE SHITTY JOBS? DRUNKS AND DRUGGIES THAT'S WHO
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.