[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was thinking of buying this root beer I saw at the store. But
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
I was thinking of buying this root beer I saw at the store. But then I looked at it and it said it's alcoholic. What are your thoughts on Not your Father's Root Beer? Does it taste good?
>>
>>7596816
The first few sips taste almost exactly like root beer but if you let it warm up at all it rapidly becomes a sickly sweet mess and the booze shows up in the flavor. It's meant for people that can't drink non-sweet drinks.
>>
>>7596816

I hate alcoholic root beer, quite honestly. The overpowering vanilla and other flavorings just don't fit right with the "beer" part of it.

I mean, either get good root beer, or have a fucking regular beer, there's no reason to go combining the two.
>>
It loses the novelty after 2 bottles. And at 10.99 a six pack I'd rather throw some Evan Williams in my root beer for the same effect
>>
>>7596822
This.

The first few sips are great. But you quickly get sick of it. All the heaviness of a stout with a molasses sweetness. I recommend you try it, but make sure your have friends to share with otherwise it will sit in your fridge forever. You won't buy it again.
>>
I personally find it pretty good, if you like root beer and alcohol you should enjoy these.
>>
>>7596816
Mix with Rumchata and it makes a decent alcoholic float.
>>
>>7596816
It's just really bad, even by alcoholic root beer standards (which are pretty low)

Abita's Bayou Bootlegger Root Beer is much better. Not so cloyingly sweet.
>>
>>7596816
All these new alcohlic root beers are terrible. The taste isn't as good as regular, the carbonation isn't there, and it's usually sickly sweet.

Just get Sprecher n/a (or your root beer of choice), drink a sip, and put a shot of white rum in it.
>>
Coney Island has a better alcoholic rootbeer.
>>
>>7596816
I don't want to hate. My inclination is to criticize, as someone who doesn't favor sweet drinks. But the truth is that this is a nice beverage if you want something sweet that has a bit of liquor in it. It's a matter of intended use. If you try to get drunk on this, it's shit. If you want to mix on or two into a round of drinks for a little variety, it's fun and tasty.

Just realize that as a sweet, syrupy alcohol, it's also quite filling.
>>
>>7596909
Everything Coney Island makes is trash for niggers and fratbros that are in the closet.
>>
I like it when it first came out. then like >>7596824 it lost its charm. Visited them again about a month after they just sat in my fridge. They got ten times worse... Even before it was basically like drinking really thick root beer that would stick to your mouth
>>
Not Your Father's is decent enough, but it uses too much sugar and it has an aftertaste of hand sanitizer. Tastes good the first time, then shit every time afterwords.

Coney's Island is basically the same, except slightly less sweeter and no aftertaste. Best one I've tried.

Sprecher's removes a lot of the sugar. It has a stronger malt taste. It's even slightly bitter. Tastes the most like a beer out of all of these.

Best Damn Root Beer? More like Worst Damn Root Beer. Tastes of water with vanilla and those root beer barrel candies. Not the good ones either, the knockoff ones. By far the worst.
>>
>>7596816
I liked it and thought it tasted alright. I only had one because it was so packed with sugar thats all I could really bare.
>>
its too sweet for my taste but it makes one hell of a float

i couldnt get drunk off of it though
>>
sugary alcoholic drinks are for teenage girls
>>
File: RootBeerSM_0269-e1407338658187.jpg (94 KB, 570x855) Image search: [Google]
RootBeerSM_0269-e1407338658187.jpg
94 KB, 570x855
>>7596816
>>7596823
>>7596822
>>7596824
>>7596830
These are actually a main stay, hear me out guys, you should accept that these are great, but theyre really a unitasker, and they aren't for drinking. sure you may as well knock one back! but the real purpose of shit like this is rootbeer floats.
>>
>>7597019
Spot fucking on for NYF and Coney.
>>
>>7596816
Soley for the purpose of alcoholic floats.

>>7597688
This guy gets it.
>>
>>7596895
This. Unless you're out someplace why wouldn't you just add a shot of something
>>
>>7596822
Pretty much this. I can drink one of these, but they're so sweet that's all I can do. Had Best Damn Cherry Cola and that was decent. Not so sweet, but also it lacked enough cherry flavor for me.
>>
>>7596889
>>7596909
Bayou Bootlegger is the best hard root beer on the market.
>>
>>7596816
These are the fucking definition of cloying

like it was already said, just spike GOOD rootbeer
>>
It's a dumb trend/scam, just drink your soda with vodka or whiskey. Or get a wine cooler if you want something less dry.
>>
>>7596816
It's beyond horrifying. Just add a shot of liquor to some actual root beer. You'll be happier.
>>
I used to like it a lot. Then I had more than two in a single sitting, and since then I can't stand it.
>>
I liked it, but it is INCREDIBLY sweet.

I mean it is the sugariest beer you will ever drink.
>>
>but then

see now that's where you went wrong
>>
>>7597019
Accurate, but for me NYF and Coney are switch. I can tolerate NYF longer, but 1 Coney and I'm done. It gets too sicky sweet after that.

Spot on for "Best Damn" anything. It's like somebody shit in my root beer.
>>
The only thing it is good for is getting the under 21 females drunk ;) ;) ;) ;)
>>
I had one bottle and I thought it was very disgusting, would never recommend.
>>
>>7598672
No Kidding. I got a 16oz can of Best Damn for free as a deal for buying a 12 pack of something else, and I wanted my money back.
>>
>>7596824
This
The taste is alright but it's not something you want to get drunk off of
>>
>>7596816

Wife and I had a root beer float made with it at a restaurant and loved it. As soon as we left we went to the liquor store and bought some for home. That was in January and we still have 3 bottles left. It's too sweet to drink on its own. Maybe I'd have a third of a bottle as a dessert sometime, or make another ice cream float with it, but not otherwise.
>>
store bought is like half the ABV of having it on tap
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.