[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, Nathan's or Oscar Mayer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
File: 13244924.jpg (65 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
13244924.jpg
65 KB, 480x480
So, Nathan's or Oscar Mayer?
>>
>>7519488
Boars Head.
>>
>>7519488

Nathan's or the Jewish ones.

Boars head if you have access.
>>
>>7519488
Hebrew National

> inb4 /pol/
>>
>>7519491
>>7519490

>2016
>being rich
>>
>>7519488
Kowalski
>>
Between the two Nathan's.
>>
>>7519508

Not really. I save money in other areas of my life, and spend a little more on quality food.
>>
>>7519508
There's a big price difference between Nathans and Boars Head? I didn't notice, I just noticed Nathans sells those big ass family size packages of 64 hot dogs where Boars Head just sells 8, so I'm guessing they may come out a little cheaper.
>>
>>7519534

Boars head is like the most premium commercial meat in America. Comes straight out Jew York. Could get it in Florida but that's only because that's where Jew Yorkers retire after living the cuck life. It's pricey, but it is good.
>>
Discard anything with "mechanically separated" in the ingredients list. After that go for highest protien lowest fat, then flavor.
>>
>>7519544

>Boars head is like the most premium commercial meat in America

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Maybe if all you've ever had was Oscar Mayer. BH got a reputation by being a step about pink slime tier stuff; that doesn't make it "premium".
>>
>>7519561

Name what's better than.

Noticed I used the word commercial also. So "my local butcher" doesn't count.
>>
how about we pick which one is best by the people who actually have one of them in their possession
>>
>>7519488
Nathan's you fucking nigger. Is that even a question
>>
>>7519492
This.

But otherwise yeah, Fuck Jews.
>>
>>7519567

>my local butcher doesn't count

That's like asking for the best commercial beer in the country and then backtracking and saying, "only big name macros count, no craft brew allowed!"

It's not even about a local butcher, it's about regional producers who might not happen to sell their products in Walmart.
>>
>>7519586
>I dodged your question
>>
>>7519586

Any regional products worth mentioning, senpai?
>>
>>7519590

Obviously it depends where you live...
>>
Of the two, Oscar Meyer, but only the pork/chicken/turkey "meat" ones and not the beef ones. I very strongly dislike beef hot dogs.

>>7519534
The opposite is true in my area. Nathan's here is sold only in 1lb packs of eight for $4 while BH is sold only in 2.5lb packages of twenty-four hot dogs each. Costs $15.
I don't even like beef hot dogs, but something I find ridiculous is that good quality ground beef is /cheaper than beef hot dogs/. Would any of you say you'd prefer to eat a hot dog vs a burger? I know I certainly wouldn't.
>>
>>7519646

Not a hotdog. But a good Brat hell yeah.
>>
>>7519646

> falling for the ground jew

beef hot dog with mustard and kraut all day, every day
>>
>>7519646
If im in the mood for a hot dog
>>
>>7519646

Apples and oranges.
>>
File: 835443575.jpg (85 KB, 600x734) Image search: [Google]
835443575.jpg
85 KB, 600x734
>all beef "hot dogs"
>>
>>7519682
Last picture of this girl taken by her killer, right before killing her. I forget which serial killer that was tho.

My family buys ballpark chicken/pork hot dogs, they are juicy with decent flavor. I like HN, don't eat them often though. Never had Nathans or Boar Head. (Boar Head cold cuts are fucking delicious though.
>>
>>7519695
) sorry
>>
>>7519488
>suggesting anything oscar mayer ever
>>
>>7519710

I'll occasionally buy their bologna or braunschweiger and eat them on bread with just mayo, purely for nostalgia reasons, but fuck OM hot dogs.
>>
I was maintenance at the plant that makes Nathans. I can tell you two things about those hotdogs:

1. The beef they used was not scraps at all. I don't know the name of all primal cuts but it really was just normal cuts of beef, not cheek meat or any other memes.

2. Animals that were brought to the factory are killed same day and cooked/packaged same day. If a truck bringing pigs or cows was even a few minutes late they had to turn around and try again at the next rescheduled date, because our processing area cannot facilitate two loads of livestock at a time.

bonus 3. The area underneath the kill floor is disgusting as fuck as blood and shit gets everywhere. Like, the kill floor is pretty much a floor of grates that blood and shit falls below like a horror shop. But the kill floor itself is very clean and once the product is at the "Ready to Eat" side, that shit is sterile as hell. Also meth addicted Indians made your hotdogs.
>>
Anything not Bar S.
>>
>>7519738
I'm okay with this.
>>
>>7519667
>implying someone can't like apples more than oranges or oranges more than apples or dislike oranges or apples altogether
Burgers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> hotdogs.
>>
>>7519837

Canned peaches and porcupine jerky.
>>
Ballpark's Angus Beef Franks is objectively the best.
>>
who the fuck buys hot dogs? Any grocery store will have at least a small handful of good sausages
>>
This is like arguing which is better, Mississippi or Arkansas
>>
>>7519738
>I was maintenance at the plant that makes Nathans.
Very nice. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like nathans keeps kosher !

I'll share my tidbit...that the "reduced fat" version of Hebrew National wins taste tests over the regular full fat version. So, grab that package (and not the fat free one oops), at the next Publix buy one get one sale.
>>
File: IMG_9087.jpg (238 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9087.jpg
238 KB, 640x480
I boil my hotdogs in two cups of water

BARs ftw
>>
>>751996

I use this brand of hotdogs for cat fishing. If you consume these as a choice you are garbage.
>>
>>7519964
>water
>BARs

They're already watery, no need to boil.
>>
I usually pick up Red Hot Chicago when I want hot dogs. They're pretty good.
>>
File: 773.jpg (193 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
773.jpg
193 KB, 500x375
Vienna dogs are best.

Do the right thing and eat Chicago style hotdogs, /ck/.

I know, I know, you probably have your own local or regional dogshit variations to the hotdog.

But it ain't easy being the best, but someone has to do it
>>
>>7519488
which one has natural casing?
>>
>>7519488
Applegate Farms
>>
>>7519488
neither
>>
>>7520764

These are excellent i have never seen them in grocery store in places ive lived Cali, Wash DC and Atlanta. Wish Vienna Beef was distributed more widely.
>>
>>7519561
I've never heard anything bad said about boars head by anyone anywhere
>>
>>7521545
Probably because the average american has never had proper deli meats.

Sure, Boar's head is better than most prepackaged brands. But that's not saying much.
>>
>>7519491
this

>>7519586
you're pretty annoying. I can't source your butcher's sausages so it doesn't make a nickle's worth of difference if it is better. I mean don't you realize the purpose of the thread is to compare brands people can actually access without dry ice shipping?

idiot
>>
>>7521638
>I can't source your butcher's sausages so it doesn't make a nickle's worth of difference if it is better.

I'm not the guy you're replying to, but isn't the obvious "take home" from that to check to see if your own butcher makes good sausages? Clearly you won't order them from some random butcher a thousand miles away but what about your local options?
>>
>>7521504
they distribute pretty widely, just go to their website to see where you can get them. Most big cities have regional food stores. I could get them when I lived in Tampa
>>
>>7521644
Well you are basically saying that this thread is useless as you can always find a superior product at your local, which is usually true, but people like to talk about things they can relate to, like how Jew dogs are better than Oscar Meyer. What's the point of having a pissing contest about local butchers?
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.