[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Diabetic Snacks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: imagesCA6IO4XU.jpg (10 KB, 369x136) Image search: [Google]
imagesCA6IO4XU.jpg
10 KB, 369x136
Hey /ck/,

Having an easter egg hunt for the kids at my job and one of the girls is diabetic. Are there any snacks that I can make/buy that are safe for her to eat in any quantity? I don't want her to feel left out.

pic unrelated
>>
>>7455635
Euthanasia
>>
>>7455635
sugar free gummy bears
>>
>>7455635
Prunes
>>
>>7455635
Hey OP, I have diabetes

Nothing. There's nothing. She's going to have to sit this one out. The rest of her childhood will be like this.

Source: my lack of sugary-childhood
>>
>>7456243
this
>>
>>7455635
You can eat candy fine. Don't you just adjust your insulin intake for the candy consumed? I dated a chick with Type 1 and she ate anything just fine.
>>
>>7456317
This
>>
someone gifted me some "sugar free" chocolates, which werent bad at all. i think one of them was a reesees pb cup but idk where she got it from.

but "sugar free" just means no additional sugar added, they still have sugar in them though
>>
>>7456351
I have diabetes type 1 and I can confirm this
>>
>>7456351
>Dating fat chicks
>>
>>7457656
>Being a fat chick
>>
>>7457667
>>7457670
>doesn't know the difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetes

I came here to laugh at you
>>
My cousin is a type 1 and they usually get him jerky.

I also know they make sugar free candies. They probably taste like shit though. I had a lemonade drink that cut the sugar by mixing it with stevia and it wasn't bad. So maybe look for things with stevia. I have no idea how alternative sweeteners affect glucose when compared to sugar though.

You could also get her small toys, books, or stuffed animals instead.
>>
>>7455635
Just go on a website for diabetics and look at their recommendations. Apricots, nuts, high fiber crackers, peanut butter crackers, popcorn, etc.
>>
>>7457705
Born fat or late Bloomer, doesn't really make much of a difference Pajeet.
>>
>>7457670
>Being this uneducated
>>
>>7457856
Healthy at any size is a delusion Anon.
>>
>>7457874
Defects are the basics of evolution. Besides, me and m'lady do not feel any disadvantages at all due to this situation. Therefore it should be stated that I am just as healthy as every other good sir around.
>>
>>7457667
Strong lack of knowledge retard, type 1 is not from being fat
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.