[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need help ASAP: Cooking chicken on pan now.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
So I started cooking chicken ( first time really cooking something ) and I just realized I have no clue to tell how the chicken is done. I just used a bit of olive oil/breadcrumbs/egg in a pan. The good news is it is NOT burned yet but anybody have any solid advice on how to tell when it is done cooking before it burns? pic unrelated.
>>
>>7426023

1) use a thermometer
or
2) cut into the chicken and look at it. If it's pink inside then it's not done. If it's white inside then it's done.
>>
it will feel firm to the push and if you pierce the thickest part with a fork the juice will run clear.

on medium heat, 6-8 minutes per side is usually sufficient, cover the pan to be sure
>>
>>7426023
just cut it in half and see. dont listen to any of this medium heat for 6-8 minute shit cos he knows nothing about your cooker or equipment.
>>
>>7426026
>>7426027
Thank you both. What if the inside of one of the pieces looks white but not like the others? It has the white the other two cooked pieces seem to have but still has that jelly look raw chicken does.
>>
>>7426033

The pieces that are white inside are cooked.
The other peices that look raw inside are not yet cooked.

Don't expect all the pieces to cook at the same rate. Differences in size, thickness, and where they sit in the pan will all affect cooking time.
>>
>>7426035
Thanks. I';ll keep the other two out of the pan and put the other one back in and let it cook a bit more. That one piece is now no longer jelly-looking but just a little pink.
>>
File: JustCookedThankYou4Chan.jpg (370 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
JustCookedThankYou4Chan.jpg
370 KB, 1280x720
The lighting isn't the best so the colors are off but it is all white. Burned the outside on some of the pieces ( medium heat may have been too much ) but wanted to show you the finished product. Thank you /ck/
>>
>>7426055
Sorry the picture turned out soo badly too. >.> I think I moved the camera during the shoot.
>>
>>7426055
looks more like you painted it lol
>>
>>7426068
I used my Chromebook to take the picture. I get the feeling the camera on it isn't the best. I don't expect much from a simple netbook tho. That said, yeah, it does look like I photoshop'd it with that one lens thing xD
>>
>>7426055

Looks a bit dry. but it is definitely cooked.
>>
File: how to chikin.png (293 KB, 1413x820) Image search: [Google]
how to chikin.png
293 KB, 1413x820
i was one of the two.
>>
>>7426303
I thought it was going to be dry too given how it looked ( all but the oversized piece were burnt ( out of the three breasts; the pic is after I cut all three into pieces/before I put away two of the three breasts for later ) but it was actually pretty moist. When I pressed down on the chicken with my fork all the juices ( and maybe oil I used in the pan ) were excreted and you could taste all the juice when you chewed it

>>7426310
Hi Two!
>>
>>7426310
Should have listened to these guys, enjoy your dry chicken and better luck next time.
>>
>>7426568
It wasn't dry...

>>7426558
>>
>>7426023

Breast should be about 150F. Buy an instant-read thermometer, they're really useful.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.