[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can anyone unironically enjoy chicken? It's bland at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8
File: Chicken_-_melbourne_show_2005.jpg (651 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
Chicken_-_melbourne_show_2005.jpg
651 KB, 1600x1067
How can anyone unironically enjoy chicken? It's bland at best and has weird fishy taste at worst.
Fried chicken doesn't count, because all the taste is from the batter.
>>
>>7379828
Marinate/brine it and learn to season properly.
>>
>>7379828
It's just that some people actually know how to cook.
>>
>How can anyone unironically enjoy chicken?
>Fried chicken doesn't count
>>
>>7379828
Because good chicken has a mild pleasant flavour that pairs well with many other things.

The same reason people enjoy white breads or white rice.
>>
>>7379828
You can ironically like food? I fucking hate millenials and their faggot defense mechanisms.
>>
>>7379828
OP, without thinking name the part of the chicken that you think is the highest quality part.
>>
>>7379858
head
>>
I used to like chicken until I got some laying hens. After a while they became pets and each of them had their own personality. Because of this I can no longer eat chicken, not because it doesn't taste good, but because I couldn't stand the thought of killing one.

tl;dr: if you eat chicken you are non-ironically worse than hitler.
>>
>>7379858
Parson's nose. The only part with flavor.
>>
>>7379865
I eat chicken everyday come at me fag
>>
>>7379853
I like how you dislike millenial food-liking irony without irony.
>>
>>7379881
How ironic.
>>
>I eat chicken everyday come at me fag

nah, I just pity your soul anon
>>
>>7379835
In other words it's so bland you have to use flavors from other ingredients to create the illusion of flavor.
>>
>>7379865
Do you eat other animals?

How about plants, I've had the same potted plant most of my life, which I inherited from my grand father. I have a lot of emotional attachment to it. If you kill plants does that make you unironically worse than hitler?
>>
>>7379894
You need to know how to cook before you can start liking many foods. That includes chicken, little guy.
>>
>>7379894
Pretty much. Chicken on its own has a fairly neutral flavor, it just takes on the flavor of whatever seasoning, brine or marinade you use.

Flour is bland too, which is why you add salt and other flavorings when you make bread. Maybe you should try making bread with no salt and just eat that since you apparently think that adding flavors to things to make them taste better is somehow a bad thing.
>>
>>7379894
>use flavors
>to create the illusion of flavor

stay in school OP
>>
>>7379894
Name me one food that taste good without the use of other ingredients and seasonings that isn't dramatically improved by adding those things
>>
>>7379923
Pork is delicious with just salt.
>>
>>7379931
Thats another ingredient
>>
>>7379923
I take it you've never walked through a grocery store with your mommy. There are too many to list.
>>
>>7379942
If there's so many examples, pick a handful of examples and list them.
>>
>>7379942
Literally the only food I can think of is fruit. I can't think of any foods that would be considered a proper meal
>>
>>7379948
>>7379950

You two clowns are either bored as hell or dumb as hell.
>>
>>7379950
Even with fruit, its much better when eaten together with other fruit or put in yogurt.
>>
>>7379865
>Owned chickens since I was like five or six
>Raised them for eggs
>If one died, took it out to the woods and tossed the body
>Owned hundreds of chicken in my life
>can eat chicken with no qualms
grow a set you fucking pansy
>>
>>7379948
carrots
>>
>>7379828
Fuck that's a good looking chicken.

To answer your question I first have to correct you and say you're fucked, chicken has tons of flavor.
The chicken most of us buy though is only there for someone to make a profit of.
So bottom line jews.
>>
>>7379957
Carrots are better in a salad and when they are cooked.
>>
>>7379828
>How can anyone unironically enjoy chicken? It's bland at best and has weird fishy taste at worst.
>He never had Satsuma Jidori
Oh man I feel so sorry for you.
>>
>>7379923
bell peppers
>>
>>7379966
Anything that anyone buys is only there for someone to make a profit from it. Otherwise, they wouldn't be selling it.
>>
>>7380000
>Not better when roasted and combined with other vegetables, fruit, and seasoning
>>
>>7379828
>not understanding that the whole point of chicken is to be practically a vessel for whatever sauce and what have you that you put on it
>>
>>7380055
Bell peppers are best fresh desu.
>>
File: trumped.jpg (35 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
trumped.jpg
35 KB, 640x360
>>7379906
SAVAGE
A
V
A
G
E
>>
File: 28485_smoked_chicken.jpg (412 KB, 2340x1560) Image search: [Google]
28485_smoked_chicken.jpg
412 KB, 2340x1560
>>7379828
>implying properly grilled chicken isn't tasty
>never eating delicious smoked chicken
>broiled Greek chicken with herbs and lemon is not enjoyable

Granted, there are indeed better-tasting animals in the kingdom. But chicken is not bland if cooked by somebody competent. It doesn't have to be fried in a flour coating or badder to taste good.
>>
>>7380079
>...the whole point of chicken...

This is why people proclaim most posters on /ck/ don't know shit about cooking.
>>
>>7379828
Everything is bland without other flavors from other things. That's what bland means. You should probably stop smoking.
>>
>>7380369
It's not a proclamation, it's common knowledge.
>>
>>7379828
The people I know IRL who hate chicken are the people who have been told you should only eat chicken breast/white meat

Chicken Thigh is GOAT when cooked correctly and doesn't require much seasoning to be awesome
>>
>>7379902
What kind of plant is it, anon? I want pics.
>>
>>7380412
white meat is fucking shit
>>
File: ck in a nutshell.png (5 KB, 677x87) Image search: [Google]
ck in a nutshell.png
5 KB, 677x87
>>7379894
This is a shitpost for the ages.
>>
>>7380897
>defending chicken
A literal cuck.
>>
File: holy shit.jpg (33 KB, 381x179) Image search: [Google]
holy shit.jpg
33 KB, 381x179
>>7380905
>get called out for shitposting so shitpost even harder
>>
>>7380957
All day, every day. That's why I'm glad it's so easy to filter words and hide posts and threads
>>
>>7380877
Learn to stop overcooking the crap out of it.
>>
Just soak it in your alcohol of choice for like an hour in the open and the stink goes away. This works in any meat and even fish. I usually use some IPA I have lying around after drinking half of it and left in fridge because beer drinks tend to have shitty bottom half after opening.
>>
Part of what's good about chicken is the ability to do whatever you want with it and have it work in any sort of style.
>>
>>7380055

Sounds like an opinion.

The question was what tastes good, not "What can not possible be improved by something else."
>>
File: dexter-to-be.jpg (887 KB, 1500x2252) Image search: [Google]
dexter-to-be.jpg
887 KB, 1500x2252
>>7379865
I usually keep 5-10 chickens in my basement.

When I have a bad day at work, I pretend I'm either Dexter or Jame Gumb.

Pic was from this weekend. Story time?
>>
>>7379923
Mushrooms
Salmon
Steak
Raw oysters
Lobster
>>
>>7379903
/thread
>>
this is just a test
>>
>>7379906
I actually like bread without salt.
>>
>>7379828
Best way OP? Buy whole young chicken for 6-?$ season with your choice. Roast in oven @ 350f degrees for an hour or until golden brown.
>>
If chicken is tasteless why is the broth that comes out of my pressure cooker delicious?
>>
>>7379828
Chicken is literally the best meat for learning how to cook and learning how to pair/spice. It isn't hard to cook but you can still under/over cook it. It doesn't have a strong flavor but if you are not careful you can over spice it and ruin it. It can fit into many different types of meals from a huge array of nationalities. You can buy a lot for a reasonable price and stretch it into may meals. Chicken can teach you how to cook in many different ways be it smoking, deep frying, marinating, oven baking, stir frying, pressure cooking, steaming, broiling and more.
>>
>>7384455
There are a lot of chickens in the world.
>>
>>7379956
He's right, yo
>>
>>7384455
Correctamundo.

Sometimes I swear these retards don't even know how to cook. Any food can literally be whatever you want it to be if you do it correctly. You fucking "Buy a frozen pizza and put extra cheese on it" types can fuck right off.

>Acting like chicken doesn't have many, many functions

>Acting like chicken is irrelevant because it doesn't act like pork

>Implying you don't have a shit palette and you cover it

Don't listen to them. These fools don't know that I've seen $500 dollars worth of chicken go over a counter in a night on 20 dinner plates.
>>
>>7384508
>$500 dollars
>>
>>7384508
>Don't listen to them. These fools don't know that I've seen $500 dollars worth of chicken go over a counter in a night on 20 dinner plates.

You once saw 20 $25 chicken entrees and you think it's somehow remarkable?
>>
>>7380997
This. I still like dark meat a little better, but white meat that's cooked properly has a very nicely subtle flavor, and is moist without being greasy like dark meat can be. It's pretty nice.
>>
>>7384350
there's difficulty
picture closely
theyre ignorant mostly
>>
>>7383218
>Lobster
lmao
>>
>>7384529
Especially considering a $25 chicken entree is maybe a dollar worth of chicken.
>>
>>7384628
>my taste buds fail to work
>lmao
>>
>>7379828

Waste of words, you could have just said

>I'm bad at cooking.
>>
File: images(24).jpg (5 KB, 240x210) Image search: [Google]
images(24).jpg
5 KB, 240x210
>>7380317
Made me kek
>>
>>7379828
In my experience, chicken is the most versatile piece of meat. There are so many different ways to prepare it and they're all delicious.

>>7379894
>Herbs and spiced
>"Illusion of flavor"
Name one culinary tradition that's even remotely respected in international circles that doesn't use herbs, spices and/or sauces to quite literally spice up their dishes. Even Britain, the culinary asshole of the world, has worcestersauce.
>>
>>7383154
story time, anon.
>>
100g of (de-boned, trimmed, skinless) chicken thighs per. person
Mince them.
Place the mince in a bowl and add a tablespoon of breadcrumbs per. 100g of chicken, some salt, and a splash of beaten egg.
Form the mince into a patty.
Cover both sides of each patty in more breadcrumbs.
Fry on a medium heat with a little oil until golden brown on both sides.
Serve in a lightly toasted bun with mayonnaise & lettuce.
Cease being a pleb.
>>
>>7379828
>seasoned chicken doesn't count, that's all from the seasoning.
>>
File: 1455446204374.jpg (133 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1455446204374.jpg
133 KB, 1024x768
>>7380957
Time for a trip :DDD
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.