[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever met a vegetarian IRL and how much of an insufferable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 11
File: vegetarian_cuisine.jpg (65 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
vegetarian_cuisine.jpg
65 KB, 600x600
Have you ever met a vegetarian IRL and how much of an insufferable cunt were they?
>>
Yes one of my roommates is vegan and the other is vegetarian
>>
>>7378646
You're probably thinking about activist vegans. Vegetarians are normal people.

On the other hand, I think YOU'RE the insufferable cunt.
>>
>>7378653
faggot detected
>>
>>7378653
>Vegetarians are normal people.
No. They don't eat meat so they are far from normal.
>>
>>7378646
I know a lot of vegetarians IRL and they're good people.

I've met a lot of carnists on 4chan and they're inordinately preoccupied with forcing strangers to eat low quality shitmeat as much as possible. Luckily I know that in real life, this sort of person doesn't really exist, for the most part. I am sure there are some like that living in the unexplored wastelands between the Hudson River and the Diablo Range, but I'll leave it to National Geographic to do the research.
>>
>>7378655
>>7378656
>eye roll
>>
Yeah I had one over for christmass dinner and he didn't complain once. I've known the guy for years and still don't even know why he's a vegetarian because he never mentions it. In return for not being a jackass about it I didn't put meatballs in the soup and did an extra side dish. Everyone had a good time and was none the wiser.
>>
>>7378657
Filtered, and I strongly urge everyone to filter tripfags anywhere they find them. Attention whoring should not be tolerated on 4chan.
>>
My mom was a vegetarian for a while. My brother now is. Both of them are nice people but it can be annoying to work around their dietary restrictions.

My gf's mom and brother are both vegan. They're ok for the most part but most of their cooking seriously sucks, they always try to latest not-meat in some weird attempt to get at what they're denying themselves. She ordered bee-free honey a week ago, no idea what the fuck it actually is, guess we'll see later.
>>
>>7378657
>carnist

There's that word again.
>>
>>7378665
You should practice using the filters more, you said you were going to filter me before and it obviously didn't work.
>>
>>7378665
Done
>>
>>7378666
>bee-free honey
Just put her out of her misery already.
Jesus.
>>
>>7378666
I knew a vegan who did not know how to cook for shit. He would always buy canned or microwavable shit from Trader Joe's. How can you be vegan if you don't know how to cook?
>>
>>7378677
>He would always buy canned or microwavable shit
Do these people not realize how much damage they're doing to their bodies by eating this unhealthily?
>>
>>7378682
Probably not. Its the same kind of people that go to a gym to get healthy, and instead destroy their joints and make no progress because they don't know what they're doing.

This type of vegan would have a very poor diet either way though.
>>
My ex girlfriend was a vegetarian. She was a cunt. Fucked like a champ though.
>>
>>7378711
Sounds about right. Vegetarians are fucking degenerate whores
>>
This thread reeks of samefag.
>>
>>7378720
>There are 8 posters in this thread.

Yep.
>>
>>7378646
Sure. Some of them were total assholes, but some of them were really nice people. Only known a few vegans though. They were all complete dick holes.

All of them were shitty cooks or didn't cook and bought a lot of processed crap. In addition to that all of the vegans looked sickly, but the vegetarians did not.
>>
>>7378646
I dated one for 8 years. She was tolerable. I just had to make sure that if I was taking her out, they had some options on the menu that worked for her. She wasn't a full Vegan though. That might be a bitch.
>>
>>7378646
One "friend" is not vegan or vegetarian, but only does "organic" and eats meat only if it's "organic." Does those 100 dollar a day juice cleanses constantly.

She's the most annoying person I know. Cries over everything. Fucks a bunch of guys then cries after when they dont want to be her boyfriend. Still drinks boatloads of liquor even though she eats like this because "her body is her temple"
>>
My ex was one, and then became a crack addict after we broke up (I'm being 100% serious). Not saying that they're related but vegetarianism: not even once.
>>
>>7378646
Yes, I have several friends who are vegetarian/vegan. None of them are insufferable cunts. They don't try to push their dietary choices on others and I don't try to push mine on them.
>>
>>7378753
also dresses like kylie jenner and calls it "punk"

god, im raging.
>>
>>7378662
This. I don't eat meat for my own reasons, but I don't even really call myself a vegetarian. & I hate getting into *that conversation*, especially if it comes up at dinner with more than 1 other person. I'm not out to convince anybody to live like me, I just try to adhere to my own personal convictions.

If a friend wants to learn my reasoning/rationale behind my decisions, fine. Happy to explain/talk about it with them. I just try to be discreet and unassuming as possible about it irl. If I get invited to a 'bbq and beers' party I'll just eat beforehand, grab a sixer and go drink with my pals, maybe bring some veggie dish or something, and just politely decline any offer of anything with meat.

It doesn't hurt that I like my friends, and they're all pretty much normal open minded people that can deal with me having my preferences/differences. I'm no stranger to the ball bust, but It's all good.
>>
>>7378736
Dating one now and have been for 4 years. It has never once affected where we go to eat, but I'm sure it's not impossible. She also doesn't flaunt it about, it's just part of how she was raised. Same way I was raised to eat a nice slab of meat with my vegetables and grains.
>>
>>7378757
>>7378753
Pics please, for science.
>>
For some reason every girl I've ever dated but two were vegan/ vegetarian. I'm not.

Only one ate like that for 'ethical' reasons and she didn't care that I ate meat.

I ended up marrying a vegetarian. I ended up eating way too much dairy shit living with her and got fat as fuck, ironically. I now also loathe dairy.
>>
>>7378755
I wonder if this is a theme. I ditched the ex after 8 years when she became a pot head, and all she wanted to talk about was how great weed was. She was so calm about the vegetarian thing, you'd barely even know she was one, but as soon as she started the pot it was nothing but reggae and bongs.
>>
>>7378646
I have been a vegetarian for ten years now. We are no different than anyone else. Like, if you eat meat, that is fine, in fact, I believe people eating meat does more good for the environment than people who don't. Believe it or not, we are not all ass hats that will act like we are better than you because our diets are different. I mean, as long as nobody is fat, why get all up in arms about what they eat? I apologize for all of those activist ass vegetarians you may have seen. You know who the real enemies are? Vegans. Not all of them, but out of all the diets, a vegan diet seems to breed the most insufferable of people. Once again, sorry my meat based friend, for what vegetarians may have done to you. Can we all be cool now?
>>
>>7378760

Yeah that's the adult way to deal with things. When that same friend comes over for a bbq I just prep some extra vegetable sides and make stuffed mushrooms for everyone to eat. Keep one side of the grill clean too, not that he's ever asked me to do that but still. Don't like having my guests eat before hand, I'd feel like a terrible host.

Great that you're not in your face with your vallues / beliefs / lifestyle. Wish there were more people with your outlook.
>>
>>7378773
But why don't you eat meat though?
Why do you deny yourself some of the best dishes?

Why are you even on /ck/ if you can't appreciate good food?
>>
>>7378781
Probably because they don't care much for meat for ethical, religious or other reasons.

What do you care if someone is missing out on good dishes if it causes no harm to others.
>>
>>7378786
>ethical, religious or other reasons
The first two are bogus.
What are the other reasons?
>>
>>7378794
Price, environmental, availability, allergies, dietary restrictions, taste, texture, or maybe they find dead animals gross.

Why do you care so much though?
>>
my mom, my girlfriend, my brother and several of my best friends are vegetarian

i like them all
>>
>>7378778
That's cool. & It's cool that you respect your friend. I've got friends that would do the same and it's appreciated.

As a guest, I just try approach it with tact and dignity. Like most people: I'd much rather talk about something other than myself and harp on my diet. Avoiding the topic and questions altogether just works best for me.
>>
>>7378794
Uh.... health? There is ample scientific proof that vegetarians live longer, more active lives.
>>
>>7378821
Or there is a correlation that is not causation. Could it be that your average vegetarian/vegan is concerned more about overall health in general, and that those concerns led them to that choice in diet? They are likely more active because that's their thing.
>>
>>7378646
>>7378655
>stop liking what i dont like
>>
>>7378715
u have mental issues man
>>
>>7378657
Can you kill yourself pleass
>>
I'm a vegetarian irl but you wouldn't know it

If I'm offered meat I'll eat it. Not about to refuse someone's offer of food, that'd be rude (unless I'm already stuffed). Just all my grocery shopping and when I order food myself is veg. If I get free food at work I'll eat it all, not gonna leave the meat on the plate and toss it.

Meat to me is like a rare treat
>>
>>7378657
>inordinately preoccupied with forcing strangers to eat low quality shitmeat
funny enough this is now more true than the "how can you tell if someone is a vegan" joke now that veganism and vegetarianism have become more mainstream
>>
Yes and they weren't at all. They just lived their life silently and I lived mine.
>>
File: 1449269679925.png (115 KB, 275x255) Image search: [Google]
1449269679925.png
115 KB, 275x255
>>7378666
>>7378672
>''Bee Free Honee® is a plant-based, sustainable, honey substitute made from organic apples.''

So many buzzwords the bees are claiming copyright violations
>>
>>7378646
Both of my sisters are vegan... One is a lunatic militant vegan, the other is getting there. Militant sister is getting married this year. Vegan wedding... Vegan rehearsal dinner. Fuck this gay earth.

>at least the bar will be absolutely stocked
>>
>>7379251
Forgot to mention her fiancee is also a vegan because he's a spineless prick and he followed suit after militant sister went vegan. Again... Fuck this gay earth.
>>
File: 1433327646245.jpg (11 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1433327646245.jpg
11 KB, 500x375
>>7378691
>Probably not. Its the same kind of people that go to a gym to get healthy, and instead destroy their joints and make no progress because they don't know what they're doing.
this makes no sense, are they in netherlands or something? I sit at home and destroy joints
>>
>>7378753
>cleanses
these people are the worst. much worse than any vegan people ITT have images of in their mind.
>>
Lots of faggots/faggot lovers in this thread
>>
Every single one I've ever known h been an insufferable cunt. With the exception of my father in law, who became a vegetarian late in life and never even mentions it, ever. You'd never even know he was one unless you were to keep track of what he eats.
Every other vegetarian or vegan I've met has been a terrible piece of shit of a human.
>>
I'm trying out a vegan diet lately just for a change of pace. Sorta like it, tried cooking tofu for the first time yesterday and it came out pretty good. I think i might carry it on for a while and see how it goes but when I'm visiting parents or going out to eat I'll eat meat because why not.
>>
>get a new coat
>oh that's really nice
>thank you
>is it real leather?
>yeah
>oh..that's alright, I don't judge
>you kinda just did by saying you don't
>...
>...
>...
>well, see ya later
>>
>>7379193
>I'm a vegetarian except I'm not

Your diet has little meat in it, no need to give it a name.
>>
>>7378646
My brother is vegetarian, the difference is small. He makes his own dinner and since I'm usually cooking for everyone else, I easily keep the meat separately if I can.

Vegans can be pretty insufferable, but then again I don't know any personally. But you have to be a real prick to be an annoying vegetarian.
>>
File: le anime face.jpg (41 KB, 692x519) Image search: [Google]
le anime face.jpg
41 KB, 692x519
>>7379460
I end up having meat maybe once or twice a month. What would you call it?

Unrelated to previous sentences in post but I dislike talking about my diet irl. When people find out I don't drink milk I usually lie and say I'm lactose intolerant because it's better than getting into a longwinded debate. It's fun to talk food with good friends who have opposing views though because (the ones who are good to talk with) we both realize that they're only opinions and more often than not we both end up learning more of the viewpoint in opposition to our own

>mfw talking with people who consistently bring up and primarily focus on emotion when discussing personal opinions on various things
>>
I've known many and the only times they were annoying was when they'd come to a restaurant and complain about the lack of options
>>
>>7379384
I don't get why people get all judgy over leather. don't they realize that the bulk of those hides come from cows slaughtered for food and if not made use of in some fashion would just be left to rot and that'd be a huge waste
>>
>>7379616
They simply don't think about it.

Not only is using leather for clothing a method of recycling what otherwise would be waste, but it's also enviornmentally friendly in other ways. The alternative--synthetic leather--is made from petroleum products & synthetic chemicals; the by-products from making it are toxic. And in the end when the clothing is worn out and needs to be thrown away, the leather jacket will rot away back to the earth while the synthetic one will sit in a landfill for centuries, or gets incinerated in a cloud of toxic smoke.
>>
My cousin's been a vegetarian since she was 5 because she thinks veins are gross and has a fear of biting into veins when she eats meat.
She's pretty cool, she'll eat whatever and just pick the meat out if there's some.

I was also "friend of a friends" with some peta-twat. I've only ever eaten with her once. It was at subway and she was literally glaring at me because I ordered chicken on my sub. Also she tried to give me peta stickers all the time.
>>
File: 60 billion cum downloads.jpg (211 KB, 1280x769) Image search: [Google]
60 billion cum downloads.jpg
211 KB, 1280x769
>>7379616
I have a problem with leather jackets
They're stiff as fuck, they look terrible, and if they aren't maintained then it only exacerbates the prior problems. If your aesthetics aren't 10/10 then you end up looking terrible.

Fedoras get a lot of ire, but leather jackets are the cringiest article you can wear in public. It's even worse when they're worn with jeans and sneakers, like grandpa just died and dad handed it over to you because even your 50 year old pops knows how shit they are.

Save the leather for shoes and wallets.
>>
>>7379582
>What would you call it?

He already answered your question.

You're an omnivore. You eat meat, only more intermittently than many others. You don't need to call your diet anything else because it isn't.

You say you don't like talking about it but need a special word to call yourself? If somebody asks, just say you'll eat it but you don't buy/order it. But if you're consuming it, whatever your reasons, you're not considered a vegetarian.
>>
I have a hand full of vegetarian friends and a few of vegan friends. Very reasonable and kind people. They have never asked me not to eat meat or seemed bothered by it whilst we have been eating together. Even got the comment "if I weren't vegan, I would have had one of those" when I had pulled pork (which wasn't as good as I hoped, but I was drunk). One guy have on three different occasions commented that he though I was at least vegetarian.
>>
>>7378646
First girlfriend. I always made her food, but she wouldn't make me anything with meat in it because she didn't like to touch it. She put a whole pack of bacon in the microwave in the package and it caused a fire.
But when we'd get pizza I'd get whatever I wanted on it, and she'd let me pick off the toppings off her half and put it on mine. That was as far as she'd go
>>
>>7379656
He is indeed an omnivore, but the term has been coopted by radical carnists who confused "carnist" (which is what so-called "ominovores" usually are) with "omivore".

An omnivore is someone who gets sustenance from a wide variety of food groups. Your average /ck/ carnist believes that eating a vegetable is going to cause instant gynecomastia and death from B12 deficiency. Avoiding kale because it's for libruls, and avoiding legumes because it makes u gay lmao, is not something a true ominvore does.
>>
>>7379673
>Your average /ck/ carnist believes that eating a vegetable is going to cause instant gynecomastia and death

There's no such thing. You're simply spouting silly hyperbole.
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 615x345) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 615x345
I still have not heard a proper explanation why vegetarians often eat fish and o not consider fish "meat".
>>
>>7379684
And that's why you should have him filtered.
>>
>>7379685
I would consider those people retarded environmentalists because about 100% of them wont eat farm animals because of the "environmental effects" but refuse to acknowledge the just as bad environmental effects that fishing industries cause
>>
>>7379685
Back before we raped the seas and fish became a luxury item, fish was considered a poor man's food and land critters were considered indulgent.

In modern times, lower class people have clung to this idea that eating large pieces of CAFO shitmeat is a form of conspicuous consumption.

Vegetarianism is, for some people, a moral issue, and what better way to demonstrate your moral superiority than to minimize your consumption of beef, pork, and other large farm animals?

I know it works for me, although I don't abstain altogether because I'm a reasonable moderate person and I respect the great gastronomic traditions of all cultures (but more so the non-Western ones, for reasons I should think are obvious).
>>
>>7379640
>leather jackets
>stiff
What the fuck kind of leather are you wearing?
>>
>>7379692
You do realize that without the fishing industry, companies would have nothing to stop them dumping chemicals into the ocean whenever they wanted to because there would be no financial entity to stop them, right?
>>
There was a vegan couple who were friends of some friends of mine that stayed at my house one night. They were actually a lot nicer than I expected. I'd made spaghetti bolognese and they just politely declined having any. No shaming or guilt tripping.
>>
Vegetarians = Retards
Vegans = Turbo Retards

Eating meat is natural part of our life, we are carnivores.
>>
>>7379739
No, humans are omnivores.

Vegetarians and vegans are only retards if they go all militant and start trying to force everyone else to follow their same dietary restrictions.
>>
>>7379656
but it's still cool if I tell stupid chicks that I'm vegetarian? they seem to like that
>>
>>7378657
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
>>7379692
are you stupid? fish live in water, which is clean. Why do you think we wash our hands with water?
>>
One of my brothers exes was a disgusting lefty vegetarian contrarain, and was super picky. She always tried to blame it on the meat industry for being corrupt and cruel, when in actaulity, she just had the pallet of a third grader and would only eat hash browns and fried rice.
>>
yes, they were pretty nice
>>
>>7379685
factory fishing isn't as brutal as factory farming
>>
>>7378646
As people they're pretty alright but goddamn does it make eating with them hard.
>>
File: 1449794897226.jpg (26 KB, 374x497) Image search: [Google]
1449794897226.jpg
26 KB, 374x497
>boarding school
>roommates with jewish kid
>he's nice, kinda weird, but not autistically weird
>vegetarian
>in the dining hall he would always get a couple plates of food like soup and salad and pasta and shit and put his plates down on the table and then go to get a drink
>friends and I hide bacon bits in all of his unprotected food every time
WASP feels
>>
>>7380054
Aren't most bacon bits made with soy and flavoring and actually have zero actual meat in them?
>>
>>7380087
hormel brand nigga, my parents didn't pay $40k a year to send me to school with fake bacon bits
>>
Vegetarians I know have been really nice and sane people.

A nice vegetatian couple lets me hunt rabbits on their farm, and they are cool with it.

VEGANS on the other hand, hoo boy, they tend to have issues.
>>
Knew several vegan girls. They were all fat and flabby.

All but one had shitty attitudes. The last was only a vegan because meat made her nauseated apparently.
>>
>>7379685
Sounds like you're still incapable of googling your own questions, then.

>what is pescatarian?
>>
>>7378646
My first gf was a vegetarian. I managed to keep her under control and she wasn't obnoxious about it while we were together, but now she's turned full SJW so I guess it balances it out.

There's a vegetarian dude in my class at trade school. He's pretty cool but all he ever eats for lunch is salad and semolina in tomato sauce, it's pretty sad. No wonder he looks like he doesn't lift despite allegedly going to the gym 4 times a week.

pls subscribe to my blog
>>
>>7379673
i really wish you would post more often. its like reading poetry of ire, and you champion your cause through the humble medium of text very well. no sarcasm. how should i put this. your manipulation of words cuts through the facade of the internet leaving no quarter for the willfully ignorant to fall back upon without reaching full autism damage control
>>
>>7379739
Enjoy your Burger King. I'm not trying to make you live my life.

>>7380008
I really don't give a shit. Whatever works for you. I'm not here to give you moral guidance. Sounds like you're grasping at straws to impress others, tho, which comes off as adolescent/desperate. I wouldn't fuck with either of you.
>>
>>7380099
they payed 40k a year to rid you of their lives, as i would probably have done too reading your shit
>>
>>7380008
>I dislike talking about my diet irl
>it's if cool if I keep telling dees dum hoes I'm a vegetarian tho right?

Ultamate cuck boi
>>
>>7378646
I've known about five. Three of them vegans. None of them are the least bit insufferable. They don't mention it unless somebody is pressuring them to eat something they don't want to.

The only insufferable vegetarians I've encountered have been on the internet, and in most instances probably trolls. Of course, everybody is more insufferable on the internet than they are in real life.
>>
>>7378657
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>7380422(checked)
I don't think you know what cuck means. You can say whatever to chicks, they're not people, it doesn't matter.

fun fact: women were created by advertisers in the early 20th century to get men to start buying more junk
>>
>>7380403
>being this mad
your poor is showing
>>
>>7380488
You think that fag is getting laid cause he's telling tumblr sloots he's vegetarian?

Right after he says that shit some Chad walks up and says "Yeah?! Well I'm a Vag-atarian!!". Winks at the slut then she squirts and goes home with [email protected]
>>
I used to work with a vegan before sheover away. Holy hell was she ever annoying. At one point she was on that raw diet shit for like a week and literally fainted at work. Lo and behold she felt better after eating a properly cooked meal when she went to her parents.
>>
>>7380509
yes I do think that

source: I'm both of those posters
>>
>>7380520
>sheover
What the hell. Meant she moved*
>>
>>7380509
I'm sorry about your sex life. Have you considered online dating?
>>
>>7378646
My roommate's a vegetarian, she eats primarily cheese and pasta. Occasionally she'll have a salad or broccoli. Not my life, not my problem.

Otherwise, no. I don't have many friends.
>>
File: 1398991201486.jpg (289 KB, 450x563) Image search: [Google]
1398991201486.jpg
289 KB, 450x563
>oh I don't eat meat
>I eat fish
I don't understand
>>
>>7378646
My parents raised us on a simple idea: if a person wants to eat meat, they should know the responsibility of killing an animal for food at least once. I did, sure, everyone hunts in places like where I live.

I can understand a person who doesn't want to take that responsibility, so I can understand someone who chooses to be vegetarian. It's the people who eat meat but refuse to kill their own meat even when given ample opportunity who bother me.
>>
>>7378646
that looks like the stuff i used to buy in bulk for my guinea pigs
>>
>>7378646
vegetarians, no. the only thing i hear from them is "i'm a vegetarian, i don't eat meat."

vegans, yes. dear fucking god yes, they are all assholes. everyhting i hear out of their mouths is "i don't eat that. not organic? i dont eat that. did that spinach cost $8 a bunch? then its not organic and i don't eat it."
>>
>>7378715
People who date vegetarians may be fucking degenerate whores too.

[spoiler]If they get any
>>
>>7380881

Does killing fish count? I've killed plenty of fish, but I've never been hunting.
>>
>>7378646
My ex. Made her eat meat.
>>
>>7378646
Know a guy who recently went vegetarian. He makes an honest effort not to bring it up, but when he does he clearly thinks he's better than other people.
>>
File: HkqMhU1455597688.jpg (1 MB, 3225x2156) Image search: [Google]
HkqMhU1455597688.jpg
1 MB, 3225x2156
>>7378646

Ex went vegan. Remember her saying it was pathetic for someone to eat gummi vitamins because it was easier.
>>
>>7378646
Vegetarians aren't typically cunts. That's vegans and paleofags.

Vegetarians are actually doing it mostly right. Pescatarians are eating the best diet you can possibly have.
>>
>>7379673
>>7379700
10/10. your posts are pure gold.
>>
Well I've met myself, and I'm one. I'm a fairly nice guy, being Buddhist and all. I've met my mother. She's okay for the most part. And my girlfriend is borderline vegan, and she's lovely.

Basically we are a decent bunch
>>
>Have you ever met a vegetarian IRL

how much of a fucking shut-in do you have to be to ask this question
>>
>>7382159
Is this your first time posting here? 80% of the posters are still in high school, have never been on an airplane, and get gigatriggered when they see a food, food-culture-related thing, or beverage that their terrible parents never bothered to expose them to either because of incompetence or abject poverty (usually both)
>>
Vegetarian here, ovo lacto w/e and tbqh a lot of meat eaters annoy me as much as vegans do.

Average conversation with a meat eater in a restaurant:

normie: "Why aren't you eating meat right now"
me: "I don't eat meat"
normie: "why?"
me: "I don't eat meat"
normie: "pls stop talking about being a vegetarian"

Average conversation with a vegan in a restaurant:

vegan: "you know there's dairy in that"
me: "yes"
vegan: "why are you eating dairy"
me: "I eat dairy"
vegan: "pls no bully"
>>
>>7382621
I have a flyover coworker who is a mild version of that.

He doesn't get all up in your face if you're not eating meat, but when we go out to eat he gets really neurotic about making sure that they have something that he can eat (has to involve hamburgers, fried chicken, or something like that).

The funny thing is I actually have pretty high protein requirements since I lift and run. I try to hit at least 90g per day. But I know I can get protein from dairy, eggs, and beans. He's moderately overweight and doesn't exercise and he thinks if he can't eat a hamburger for lunch it's not healthy.

So I only eat with him if I'm in the mood for burgers or chicken fingers, which is pretty rare. Oh and my favorite line: "won't you be hungry afterwards"? No you fat fuck, I won't be, and neither would you if you actually ate nutritionally useful food sometimes.
>>
>>7378723
hi fede hows ponk
>>
>>7381369
>he clearly thinks he's better than other people.
it's true, you know
>>
>>7378723
>>7380458
Is that you fede? Your typical pedantic snarkiness is poking through.
>>
>>7382145
>me and all my friends are vegan and we're all cool
no you're not, you're all fags now fuck off
>>
>>7379188
We were having a nice, civil thread. Level headed discussion, no pointless vitriol. And then there's this guy.
>>
>>7378646
Parents are vegetarian and so is a good friend of mine. They're just fine and normal

Meet a vegan through another friend, she's an annoying bitch

Maybe dropping eggs, dairy and honey from your diet makes you a prick
>>
>>7382950
Hello newfriend
>>
>>7378646
>One "Raw Foodist" (omg you've never met the hell that is someone that doesn't even eat cooked food)
>consistently said he wouldn't try to convert people'
>constantly reminded me how bad this and that was
>consistently said how much chems in shit
>consistently said how cooking takes all the nutrients out of everything.

2 vegetarians.
>Both were exactly the same except for the cooking part.
>All had this pretentios notion to say the don't care about other people eating meat.
>They constantly preach and bitch about thier philosophy anyways
The part that just gets me is the hypocrocy
>>
>>7380854
I believe their called Pescatarians.
I guess its a thing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pescetarianism
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.