[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Convince me Thai is good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: 261px-Yam_wun_sen.jpg (20 KB, 261x372) Image search: [Google]
261px-Yam_wun_sen.jpg
20 KB, 261x372
Hey /ck/ I will be going backpacking to Thailand soon and one of the tips I keep getting to spend less money is to eat local foods. However I don't I have ever eaten thai food and to be honest it looks all pretty bad. Please convince me Thai is good and show me what to get
>>
>>7313617
It's not up to us to convince you. Spend a few dollars and find out for yourself, you idle minded lazy ass.
>>
>>7313620
Then tell me what to try out. And where the fuck am I supposed to get real Thai cuisine in Europe
>>
>. However I don't I have ever eaten thai food and to be honest it looks all pretty bad. Please convince me Thai is good

how about you fucking try some holy shit
>>
Why the fuck are you even going to Thailand if you're terrified of the food?
>>
>>7313623
>i want recommendations for an entire continent.
>i don't know how to use google

get ebola
>>
>>7313623
OP must be underage or unbelievably stupid, just google thai food and you'll know what to try. Or, you know go to a restaurant..

Have fun with fiery diarrhea every day tho if you never have tried it. Thai is some of the spiciest food on the planet. Imagine shitting molten copper.
>>
File: 8db.png (54 KB, 919x737) Image search: [Google]
8db.png
54 KB, 919x737
>>7313617
SAGE
>>
>>7313617
Some of the best food I've ever had has been thai food. I go to this Buddhist temple that has a little food festival every Sunday. They have a giant vat filled with soup and a long line to get some. It was pork broth with vegetables and pork balls plus a whole bulb of garlic in each bowl. Best soup ever, plus I had kanom krok coconut custards that were amazing as well. Watch the parts unknown Thailand episode.
>>
>>7313643
>dem spicy shits
>dat raw, burnt butt hole for the rest of the day

So worth it though
>>
>>7313617
just eat it you fucking simpleton
most of it is chicken, pork, or seafood with a sour or spicy sauce, often including coconut milk or peanuts
if you're feeling like a bitch, stick to egg rolls, fried rice cakes, and fried chicken
if you find your balls, try curry or tom yum or grilled meat with chili sauce
>>
Thanks for all the aggressive advice guys, Their see food looks good, think im going to try that and also a lot of soup and egg rolls
>>
>>7313641
t-thanks i will try that dish
>>
curries
>>
>>7313617
Thai food is great OP.
It looks weird at first, but once you try it, you'll be hooked.
Kinda like the first time you fucked a boy. It was strange and felt unnatural at first, but now look at you. Traveling across the world just to fuck one. So, yeah, anyay, just like a child's sweet sweet sphincter, you'll learn to love it.
>>
>>7314003
no, the first curry I tried went down much easier than the first time I fucked a tranny
but hey, if you're gonna be in Bangkok anyway, might as well give both a try
>>
>>7313617
You've never tried any but you're sure that it's icky anyway? And the idea of tasting something you don't like is so horrifying to you that you can't even bring yourself to try it unless you get special coaching? Don't even bother leaving your country you retarded manbaby, just stay home and eat some tendies.
>>
>>7313663
honestly, the reason SEA has been such a terrible place to travel in the last 15 years is all the aussies got money due to the mineral boom

thank god for africa
>>
Be careful where you buy food from because some places have bad quality and could make you sick or worse.

Are you gonna backpack with someone who knows the area well?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m3z3IAtlzk
>>
oh great a sex tourist.
>>
>>7313617
Kinda related:

Can you guys tell me, how to make some kind of thai stew? A former roomate made it once, but I can't find it online. It was vegetarian, with lentils, noodles and maybe beans. We ate it with rice. Any ideas welcome.
>>
>>7317633
It also had some bamboo shoots.
>>
>>7317633

Lentils are not used in Thai cooking at all, so while your dish might have been Thai influenced, pinning it down might be impossible.

Also a stew made with noodles AND served with rice? A little carb overkill, hah.
>>
>>7313617
>going to backpack in a country with cuisine you're not certain of
>seriously asking about where to find or cook Thai food in the Internet era

Kid, learn to fucking google recipes or Thai restaurants
>>
>>7313617

>looks pretty bad

nigga what the FUCK is wrong with you? thai food is fucking excellent

a few tips for your clueless self

try fresh fish when youre close to the coast. all kinds of fish. especially bbq fish, not one thats cooked in curry for a long time

try tom yum goong everywhere you go. tom ka gai if you cant handle spicy food.

try paneang curry and green curry, thai curry to me is the best curry in the world. if you're a faggot who can't handle spicyness go for massamun.

try pad thai. try crab in Krabi. try tiger prawns, they're amazing.

there's also really good jap food in thailand, but you have to search really hard.

try ALL the fruits. every single one. make sure to try mango and rice breakfast.

thai food is incredibly cheap and delicious. go out of your comfort zone and ENJOY nigga
>>
>>7313617
>looks pretty bad

In what fucking way does it look bad? What kind of stupid shit do you normally eat? Are you old enough to be traveling alone?
>>
>>7318514
>>7318840
These.
>>
>>7316271
this
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.