[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SRS BSNS: Old Soup Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 0829150852a.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
0829150852a.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2560
hey-

I made hambone soup on Newyears eve and rebioled it on the first before putting it in the fridge?

is it safe to eat? smells fine but servsafe says 3-4 days for refridgerated soup.

tl:dr 9 day old soup: eat or toss

>pic not related, biscuits I made a while back
>>
>>7253316
>hambone

fucking amerifats
>>
>>7253332
>>7253332

>le amerifat meme

what do you think literally 90% of noodle soup broth in Asia is made of, my young friend?

Anyway, hambone soup is part of my cultural heritage so stop erasing me, shitlord.
>>
>>7253343

OK, I put it on to boil just before making this post, so I'm going to let it go a full 12 minutes at a rolling boil and give it a try. That will kill any bacteria in there for sure
>>
>Servsafe says

I bet you'll suck any corporate dick if they say its good for you too
>>
>>7253343

Not just Asia. Classic French stocks, soups, and glazes are all made from bones. The very first section in Escoffier is devoted to making stock from bones--as he calls it "fond"--literally the *foundation* of the kitchen. It's a fundamental part of all sorts of cooking. If you go to culinary school making stock and glaze is one of the first things you learn. It's fucking fundamental.
>>
It's completely fine. It'll last a week or more. Servsafe is more about keeping liabilities down for restaurants. It's designed to be so far on the safe side that it's impossible to poison anyone if you follow its guidelines.
>>
>>7253316
OP trust your nose. If it smells even the slightest bit off, chuck it. Otherwise you are probably ok.
>>
>>7253438
>>7253485

so it was in the fridge 9 days. I just reboiled it for 12 minutes and put it out to cool down, I'll eat it later today and see what happens.

If I don't post back by midnight you'll know I died
>>
Alright guise, I just added some potatoes and let it simmer until they were done and had a bowl.

pretty damn good, no bad smell or taste at all.

I'm going to eat the rest, just added some plain red bean refritos as well so it's kinda stew and not soup at this point.
>>
>>7253436
+1 for knowing escoffier
>>
OP here

>added leftover red sauce and hot sausages to aforementioned hambone soup
>ham stock
>carrots, onions,green beans, sweet peas, corn, diced tomato, cubed ham
>+potatoes
>+refritos
>simmered for a while

Holy shit this is soooo fucking good my stomach hurts but I want to keep eating u guise

If I get sick I'm calling it now: Worth It
>>
OP's last post:

I just shit a log that would make Paul Bunyan say wow, so long and short of it: 9 day old soup is fine to eat
>>
>>7253316
Getting sick from most foods is next to impossible without a compromised immune system. Sniff it. If it smells rancid, don't eat it. If it smells fine, give it a taste. If it tastes bad, don't eat it. Over thousands of years we have evolved the ability to discern, to some extent what harmful things taste like.

Short of raw chicken or pork left at room temperature for 8 hours or more, most foods will be fine left out over night.
>>
>>7253316
They are some funny looking biscuits.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.