[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do faggots leave the tail on shrimp? >inb4 flavor fuck you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: 29996.jpg (95 KB, 684x600) Image search: [Google]
29996.jpg
95 KB, 684x600
Why do faggots leave the tail on shrimp?
>inb4 flavor fuck you
>>
flavor fuck you
>>
It's the gateway tio flavortown.
>>
File: 1451628488026.png (108 KB, 425x437) Image search: [Google]
1451628488026.png
108 KB, 425x437
>>7247303
but that's wrong
>>
because there is meat inside it, and it gives you something to pick the shrimp up by so you arent getting your fingers all over your food and fish smell on your hands
>>
>>7247301
OP is a stupid american who got tricked by the jews into thinking it's unnatural to live the tail on his shrimp.
>>
>>7247310
But it's not. You ever make shrimp stock?
>>
Deep fried shell and all they are delicious. I've had a few dishes in louisiana where it's pretty common for people to eat the shell and tail. They are indigestible anyways so i just keep them around for stock, or toss them in the trash.
>>
I bet you're the kind of cuck who actually peels the whole end of the shell to eat it.

>not pinching the end of the flesh right above the shell to separate them and pop all the meat out
>>
I have no problem with the tail or shell being on, unless it's in soup or sauce (like carbonara or tikka masala) then why the fuck are you forcing me to get my hands all fucking dirty
>>
File: whitepeople.jpg (287 KB, 660x661) Image search: [Google]
whitepeople.jpg
287 KB, 660x661
>>7247599
Pretty sure all white people do this
>>
>>7247607

>all white people do this
>white people

Is doing things efficiently a white thing to do now?
>>
first, i like the flavor and the crunchy-like texture
second, i don't have time to peel the skin and the tail of all shrimps
>>
I just eat the tail, its nice and crunchy

/thread
>>
>>7247354

underrated post
>>
>>7247610
Actually I didn't read the part in the greentext, I assumed you were saying you should eat the shell, which of course, you should

Just say you're allergic to shrimp next time, like the other whites. It worked for everything else you were too picky to try
>>
>>7247301
There are faggots who eat the shrimp without removing the shirmp's poop vein across its back.
>>
>>7247616

Same here.

I've had some fried small shrimp that had the entire shell on and the legs. I tried peeling them but it takes so long I just eat the whole thing including legs.
>>
>>7247623

> assumed you were saying you should eat the shell, which of course, you should

unless, you know, you don't like it.

eating thick shells is not pleasant.
>>
Shrimp and cocktail sauce GFOAT
>>
flavor

ease of handling

meat is inside the tail
>>
>>7249386
>needing to remove the poop vein

lel
>>
File: 1450736291883.png (21 KB, 508x610) Image search: [Google]
1450736291883.png
21 KB, 508x610
>not eating the tail
>>
>>7247301
Eh I do it because its a bit less messy to pick up and the tail end is quite a firm part to grasp - plus I think it looks a bit better for presentation
>>
>>7247361
This. Enjoy the shrimp, save a pile of the tails, and make great broth for your ramen desu.
>>
I'm under the increasingly big suspicion that people from the USA are used to just being handled an already peeled shrimp in their meals.
>>
>>7247301
You spelled 'prawn' wrong btw
>>
>>7250754
This
>>
pinch the tail shell to get the meat out
>>
>>7250565

What a shocking thought
>>
>>7250754
>>7250780
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrimp#Shrimp_versus_prawn

wow it's as if local vernacular changes depending on locale!
>>
>>7247590
I myself have never left the tail on. I want to eat the shrimp not peel the fuckers. We do use the shells for stock though. Good ole gulf shrimp
>>
>>7249413
Removing the vein is a fucking meme
>>
>>7247301
It's a handle.
>>
>>7251147
It's an edible handle. Just like pizza crusts.
>>
>>7247301
That whole picture is the tail
>>
File: 1399192269284.png (42 KB, 488x519) Image search: [Google]
1399192269284.png
42 KB, 488x519
Why are you bitching about the tail shell when people also cook the shrimp with the entire shell and all of its legs on. The fucking thing's already dead, what the fuck does it need armor for. All it does is make twice the mess for half the consumption rate, and it protects the damn thing from its own fucking spices that it was cooked in. I'm sure that makes it worth it for that little extra "shrimp" flavor, because the meat alone tastes like paper. Fucking cunts.
>>
>>7247354
>>7250565
>2016
>being this retarded
>>
>>7250814
This. It practically ejects out.
>>
>>7247633
There are faggots that eat pig intestines.
>>
The shrimp tail is a disposable handle. Pick it up by the tail, bite the upper tail and you can consume an entire shrimp in one bite, then discard the tail.

This way means you can dip shrimps in shared cocktail sauces all you want and never get your fingers in it. But double-dipping after a bite is still a no-no
>>
- but, if you are going to put shrimp in any dish not meant to be finger-handled, like a salad... please remove the tail. =(
>>
>>7252069
/thread
>>
>>7252046
Not without cleaning them, retard.
>>
>>7247331
If you pinch it on the joint, you can get all the meat out in tact, most of the time.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.