[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: claxton-fruitcake.png (801 KB, 960x450) Image search: [Google]
claxton-fruitcake.png
801 KB, 960x450
Why
>>
'cause
>>
Because I fucking love that shit.
>>
File: hmm.jpg (32 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
32 KB, 480x454
>6 years ago
>mom buys like 4 fruitcakes for christmas
>makes me angry on christmas eve and tells me not to eat the fruitcake
>i must rebel against this tyrant
>i decide eating her fruitcakes is the only proper course of action
>i eat all of the fruitcakes in one night
>there was so much fruitcake i don't remember how many there were
>somehow was able to keep it all down
>smugly brag to my mother that i have ruined christmas for everyone
>grandma brings a fruitcake for the christmas dinner
>nobody even touched it
>3 weeks later i finally was able to shit again
>>
>>7199651
he tricked you anon. nobody eats that shit she probably didn't want to waste them
>>
>>7199651
reverse psychology has no effect on you.
>>
make something better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psVOZyKMqGs
>>
>>7199574
is hating fruitcake the most widely accepted meme? When i was a fatfuck i would inhale that shit.
>>
>>7199574
I hear its pretty good when spiked with rum or brandy.
>>
>>7199574

But I love fruitcake anon.
>>
>>7199721
>not pandoro
baka
>>
I don't see why it gets such a bad rap. It's not my favorite kinda cake, but it's not bad.
>>
Honestly its kinda the best with some coffee with milk...also only if the fruitcake is kinda stale like a cracker
>>
>>7199844
gtfo with that Na'vi Avatar crap.
>>
>>7199788
Seems like one of those polarizing things, people either hate it or love it, never heard anyone say "meh, it's ok".

Personally I love it. The store bought stuff is shit though.
>>
>>7199889
>The store bought stuff is shit though.
That's why most people hate it so much. If you have one made by someone using good quality ingredients that knows what they're doing, it's fantastic.

I have a friend that makes a few of them every year, it's like a month long process if not longer. He even candies his own citrus peel and cherries, mixes in dried peaches and toasted pecans and soaks it for like a week in rum. Holy shit it's good.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.