[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>watch american competitive cooking shows >always filled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 16
File: butchchef.jpg (77 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
butchchef.jpg
77 KB, 480x360
>watch american competitive cooking shows
>always filled with dykes and fags
>everyone has gay haircuts and huge arm tattoos and generally look trashy

are these some kind of requirements for becoming chefs in america? can't they be like normal people who just like to cook and have chosen to do it professionally?
>>
File: scary-monica-eyes.jpg (22 KB, 274x219) Image search: [Google]
scary-monica-eyes.jpg
22 KB, 274x219
>american competitive cooking shows
>>
>>7174712
It seems to be the norm everywhere, anon.
They say don't trust/eat food from a skinny chef... well I say don't eat BBQ/burgers from an untattooed straight cis skinny person.
>>
>>7174712
If you don't have some kind of gender identity disorder or large amounts of tattoos showing then people will think youre some kind of bible thumper and these types of people aren't allowed on TV. Fedora tippers will sue the networks cause Hus/hers/its feelings were offended
>>
File: 1392388416397.jpg (16 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1392388416397.jpg
16 KB, 375x375
>>7174712
>resturaunt industry
>normal people
Faggot who has never worked in a resturaunt in his life detected

Tattoos and burns are marks of honor in this industry, so why don't you take your normie civilian standards of trashiness and fuck off
>>
>>7174742
>Faggot who has never worked in a resturaunt in his life detected

Of course not. I'm NEET, not desperate.
>>
>>7174730
>They say don't trust/eat food from a skinny chef

Americans say that. The reality is the opposite. Never trust a fat chef whose palate and stomach are so awful they can eat themselves fat.
>>
They most likely took a survey of the average viewers of such shows and found LGBT to be the common viewers.
>>
File: 1391456962841.png (145 KB, 531x640) Image search: [Google]
1391456962841.png
145 KB, 531x640
>>7174748
>literal sack of human shit trying to act superior to people who work for a living and aren't a burden on society
>>
>>7174712
That only tends to be the case in fry kitchens where the main food is burgers and fries with our own secrit recipe chilli which is super secret and generally produce oversized greasy red white and blue all american cuisine.
>>
>American show
>All "chefs" are fat/tattooed/dykes

Why are American chefs such deviants?
>>
>>7174764
I'd take a tumblr feminista who weights 300 pounds, demands I call it xir, and tells me to check its privilege daily but puts its head down and cooks when the shit hits the fan over anybody who would starve to death if not for the misplaced good will of the human race.

I hope your parents die and leave the money to their cat so you starve to death, shithead.
>>
File: 1448830930933.jpg (332 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
1448830930933.jpg
332 KB, 2592x1944
>Americans keep start meta shitposting threads

Just why the fuck. /ck/ used to be one of the best boards on the 4chans before Americans discovered it.
>>
I honestly can't stand American cooking shows. Not because of the food but the way they always have to make a nareative out of it. Everyone had some hard thing in their past, the show focusses on a few people and shows how much they've grown, always trying to make an inspirational story, always having a few obviously mentally retarded people to generate humourous clips.

Just give me a show where people fucking cook food and talk about food. That's all I want. That's all I want.
>>
>>7174764
>>7174770
>>7174771
Literally all of you should kill yourselves as soon as possible.
>>
>>7174780
>>7174781
>shitposting
>>
>>7174780
Pretty sure that poster was referring to your NEET Bucks as well.
>>
>>7174780
>implying i work at a job i hate.
>>7174781
>literally
Dip your head in got oil
>>
>>7174712
>watch european cooking shows
>it's always some upper middle class homosexual manufactured by the british public school system
>>
>>7174858
*hot my mistake
>>
File: resize.jpg (42 KB, 635x360) Image search: [Google]
resize.jpg
42 KB, 635x360
>>7174859
Kill yourself
>>
File: ASanchez-3[1].jpg (58 KB, 500x698) Image search: [Google]
ASanchez-3[1].jpg
58 KB, 500x698
Àáròñ Sáñchèz is my favorite chef, fuck you OP
>>
>>7174865
glanced over "competitive", didn't think many here would be braindead enough to be sucked in by the reality TV meme
please accept my revision
>watch british competitive cooking shows
>it's just a bunch of effete mr. potato head lookalikes
>>
>>7174885
>reality TV meme

That's only true in fatclapistan.

Watch Masterchef the Professionals UK, it's literal GOAT tier tv for anyone who likes cookings
>>
>>7174712

If the chefs on those shows were any good they wouldn't be on them to begin with.
>>
>>7175186
On UK shows they have junior/sous chefs at michelin starred joints as contestants.
>>
>>7174742
>marks of honor
I really hope you're trolling and you arent really that big of a faggot
>>
File: point.jpg (28 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
point.jpg
28 KB, 375x375
>>7174750
Nigga what?
>>
>>7174771
>I'd take a tumblr feminista who weights 300 pounds, demands I call it xir, and tells me to check its privilege daily but puts its head down and cooks when the shit hits the fan

It's really about attitude when it matters. There's a guy in my class who's pretty talented, but has an attitude of superiority so my teachers/chefs are trying to beat the humble into him now so said talent isn't wasted.
>>
>>7175233
Holy run on sentences.
Sorry /ck/, my tard wranglers let me out of my cage too early this morning.
>>
>>7175189
>On UK shows they have junior/sous chefs at michelin starred joints as contestants.
They do not the have the same opportunities in the US. There are multiple ways to be successful or thought to be good (in the restaurant industry) than work under a Michelin star.
>>
>>7174712
simply put OP, cooking does not require you to be educated at all and general managers don't care if you have a criminal record. It is a good paying job that is widespread and will take anybody, that is why it attracts human trash
>>
File: 1432341000618.jpg (386 KB, 835x1200) Image search: [Google]
1432341000618.jpg
386 KB, 835x1200
>>7174712
most people start doing BOH stuff becuase
-not pretty enough for FOH
-not nice enough for FOH
-kitchen and general labour are probably the only field of work tattooed liberal arts graduates can find steady employment anywhere in the US (you can probably be a nanny with tattoos in seattle, san fran, new york, or portland)
-edglelords live in BOH
>>
>>7174712
It's kind of funny, because me and 3/4 of the other girls in my classes are dykes and so many of the guys are covered in tattoos.
>not even Americans, just neighbours.
>>
>>7174712
>can't they be like normal people who just like to cook and have chosen to do it professionally?
Because when we do that we don't go on cooking shows, we just get jobs.

They're on the shows because television is where the rejects go.
>>
>>7175304
Really, I know a lot of cooks and chefs with tattoos that aren't on TV.
>>
File: masterchef_2013.jpg (83 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
masterchef_2013.jpg
83 KB, 620x387
>>7174730
>It seems to be the norm everywhere, anon.

If you say so.
>>
>>7175189
This. Hell one of the previous winners of Professionals was just back on it last night; this year's contestants were cooking for him, in his own Michelin one star kitchen.
>>
Food service is shit tier at all levels and they take some sort of pleasure in being fucked up and having a tragic background. Also all the women are sluts.
>>
>>7175341
>all the women are sluts.
I know, isn't it great!
>>
File: 1419310980511.jpg (50 KB, 340x371) Image search: [Google]
1419310980511.jpg
50 KB, 340x371
>>7174774
>Americans pretending to be European to make Europeans seem defensive.
>>
>>7175365
Your post is legitimately defensive...
>>
>>7174778
Fucking THIS.

THIS THIS THIS.
>>
>>7175414
yeah you're parents just work for you, lots to be proud of there.
>>
>>7175369
Sorry America, we usually actually "criticize" things.
>>
>>7174859
>being educated is considered homosexual in America
!!!
>>
>>7175422
>Your parents
You wouldn't be doing a dead-end job if you paid attention at school.
>>
>>7175436
>says the neet

looks like all that schooling didn't help you much either.

anyways I'm South American, whats your excuse?
>>
>>7174712
99% of the people on TV are faggots now what are you talking about.
>>
File: giada876.jpg (22 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
giada876.jpg
22 KB, 320x240
I'm from the U.S. and I do not like the competitive cooking shows though Iron Chef was fun to watch for a while. We have plenty of good cooking shows that are a delight to watch that just show cooking.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>7175186
But the original competitive cooking show was filled with super high profile chefs.
>>
>>7174742
I've worked both in a nice restaurant with a high level of professionality, and in a shitty restaurant with beaner line cooks. I can say that you are indeed a faggot. In the nice restaurant, the ex-prisoner would not fit in at all, rich people do not want their food made by Juanito
>>
>>7175471
Iron Chef isn't American though
>>
>>7175481
And yet the guy with second most michelin stars was a lower class chav soccer player
>>
>>7174712
My girlfriend is a twig and a baker. Stereotypes not always
>>
Probably just the types those shows attract
If you work in a restaurant or any food serving establishment that is respectable literally no one looks like that
>>
File: 1449797424677.png (814 KB, 604x717) Image search: [Google]
1449797424677.png
814 KB, 604x717
>>7175493
>American thinks he understands class in the UK
>>
I'm assuming it's because food jobs are the only ones mentally ill felons coming out of prison can get.
>>
>>7174712
It's the cartoon character of cooks that food network invented and their stupid viewers think is true.
>>
>>7174712
Cooking doesn't require a college degree. Stupid/poor people don't go to college. Stupid/poor people are generally unattractive, fat, and trashy.
Thus cooks are unattractive, fat, and trashy.
>>
>>7174742
>proud to work in food service
ha ha holy shit wow
>>
>>7175349
That's not exclusive to the food industry, though. All women are inherently sluts. Can't be trusted.
>>
>>7174904
>Masterchef the Professionals UK

It's pretty legit and the Roux scholarship is great
>>
>>7174742
>Tattoos and burns are marks of honor in this industry
Either you're still pretty young and green or you're just a fucking faggot for thinking that way.

t. someone who worked in kitchens for years and who has plenty of tattoos and burns
>>
>>7174712
You sound like a grandpa
>>
>>7174712
They're requirements for becoming TV chefs. You can't be friendly and well adjusted and an average looker and cook on TV. You'll never attract all the viewers who don't cook and never will and are only watching your show for the contrived drama the people from food network write into the show and to sneer at whatever gets put on the plate.
>>
>>7175889
I said lower class, bot working class, so clearly I weren't even using the english class terminology you faggot.
I'm also not merkan
>>
>>7177749
Damn, how mad r u r8 now fame?
>>
>>7177749
You clearly don't understand what a chav is
>>
>>7174778
Other than a lack of television I never watch cooking shows anyway.

They just cant have a guy preparing food or showing techniques or science for why food works that way. Like seriouseats if it were a TV show.

Jacques Pepin doesn't have that problem. But he's not exactly American Television either.
>>
>>7174712
>he doesn't want a qt butch dyke gf
>>
>>7174712
>can't they be like normal people
I have no idea what a "normal" person is supposed to be. What kind of crushingly conformist place do you live where the people are normal? The Midwest?

Think about it from a TV producer's point of view. You're doing what amounts to a reality show. The only way a reality show works is when the people on camera are interesting and varied characters who are going to interact with each other in entertaining ways. You're looking for people who are characters.

If you pulled nothing but average folks from the suburban Midwest both the characters and the food they cooked would be boring as hell. Who wants to watch a bunch of regular guys and housewives standing around quietly while making venison chili and hot dish? That would be worse than actually living in the Midwest.
>>
>>7174712
That's just American TV in general. There are boards and meetings where they painstakingly plan out and design every aspect of the "reality" show to present to you the reality they they want you to see. It doesn't even really bother me to see some of these people, they do actually exist out there, but the producers of these shows want you to believe they're far more representative of aspiring professionals -- and of the population in general -- than they really are.
>>
>>7178903
>the producers of these shows want you to believe
I don't think there's an agenda operating like that. They're just looking to round out a set of characters so the show will be entertaining, and there are really only so many archetypes to choose from. Some are more entertaining than others, so they get favored. The choice of contestants has nothing to do with representing the general population, and everything to do with whom the producers think will be fun to watch on television.
>>
>>7178926
You literally just said what I said in different words. Fucking dumbass.
>>
I watched a British "competitive" cooking show recently and I was surprised by how much the contestants were helping eachother out and having fun with the whole thing. Seems like American shows are all about being number one and thriving off of other people's mistakes.
>>
>>7178929
My point is the producers don't want you to believe anything. Hell, on the finale of Masterchef S5 no one believed Leslie mixed up salt and sugar. The editors didn't even bother foreshadowing that bit of bullshit, like they did practically every other winning or losing moment on the show. But it didn't matter. Because everyone watching had religiously tuned in every week, and this was the finale. Any butthurt about it would have faded by the time S6 aired.

They don't care if it's obviously not a real competition and the audience knows it. As long as you keep tuning in the producers don't care whether or not you suspend disbelief.
>>
>>7174712
Cooking is a shit tier job and onlylosers generally want to do it for a living. They are one of the last industries where you can be professionally viable as a drug addict or drunk. Also servers and bartenders take home cash tips every night, which is great for a drug user.
It shouldn't be surprising that a lot of alkies and druggos are drawn to such a business.
>>
>>7178938

Compare the American and British Masterchef. Completely different shows.
>>
>>7179152

Masterchef Australia is my favorite by far. It's pretty ambitious with both the cooking and the guest chefs.
>>
>>7179183

Never seen it, but I hear it's the most difficult iteration of the show.
>>
>>7179323

It is, but it's also the most educational one with its master classes. You should check it out.
>>
>>7178938
I watched the great british baking challenge and its like that. They are so much more pleasant and even the jusges arent as harsh.
>>
>>7174750
Shh little one. It's sleep time now.
>>
>>7179183

Agreed on this. It's nice to watch since the judges dont hate everything, guests are great and the master classes really help out. Also they have Best film crew by far.
>>
>>7178948
your only partly right...alkies a drugies are in the industry, but not a majority/lifers(unless they clean up in the proscess)....alkies and drugies tend to walk in one door and walk themselves out after a while, they end up with the burn outs

i know, i watch them get fired alot, out of controll druggies and alkies dont show up on time, dont work consistantly, no call no show, often arent the most sanitary or healthy....they get fired or just quit

while substance use is high in kitchens, its normal. If you ask a human to work an inhuman job you end up having to find ways to make it work and some of us totaly use shit and drink, but id say alot of us are more under controll then not
>>
>>7174774
fuck i want to see what one of thos toilets that can support 500 lbs look like now
>>
File: USA.png (454 KB, 500x562) Image search: [Google]
USA.png
454 KB, 500x562
And again
>>
>>7175466
I'm rich
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.