[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dissolving Gelatin sweets into Vodka.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: blog6-3_zpse2dc9296.jpg (84 KB, 700x477) Image search: [Google]
blog6-3_zpse2dc9296.jpg
84 KB, 700x477
Can anyone help me with this or point me to a guide? Apparently you cant just let them sit in the Vodka like you would do with Boiled sweets. Or can you?
>>
File: 5012035939595_Z.jpg (200 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
5012035939595_Z.jpg
200 KB, 1000x1000
>What I'm trying to use.
>>
my sister tried to dissolve some twizzlers into vodka

It just ended up kinda bleaching them, turning the vodka red and the twizzlers white. Tasted awful 2bh.

Shit experience all around
>>
Dont u just poor some vodka in a bowl that has the gummy bears and put it in the fridge? Ive never done it but thats what I always hear
>>
I've tried, taste and texture were horrible
>>
I'll Never Smoke Weed With Willie Again
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfgZH8kFAKc
>>
>>7155689
I'm pretty sure hats what my girlfriend did when she made vodka gummy bears

The gummy bears didn't lose their colour but obviously they were a bit swollen after a month and a half of sitting there (or so she claimed)

Still didn't really like them
>>
>>7155724
I have tried these, just they weren't put in the fridge, the vodka came from the freezer and the gummy bears were put in a bowl with the very cold vodka

it worked and the gummy bears were still colored, but they didn't taste good really

if all you want is making funny colored vodka get food colorant or something of the likes
or use some very strongly colored substances you find around
caramel for brown/black, blue/black/raspberries for red/pink/violet...
>>
>>7155689
I've tried it a couple of times. Some gummies works better than others. Don't know exactly why. But most will disolve if you just give it enough time, and every once in a while shake the bottle a little.

>>7155724
Don't do this, the alcohol will start to evaporate if you do. pour some vodka out of the bottle and use that instead.
No need to put in fridge.

-----
Another tip is to make a bottle with some habaneros, ghost pepers of something like that. Then let it sit for a couple of weeks, strain it, and hand out free shots at parties. You will be recognized for years to come.
>>
>>7155718

American candy is shit, stuff works just fine here in the Nord
>>
I like getting peach gummy rings and pouring vodka over them in a small bowl, and refrigerate. The next day you have boozy peach rings.
>>
>>7155689
let me tell you why it's a terrible idea

1. you're adding too much sugar for the drink to taste good, imagine sugar syrup mixes with vodka

2. you're often getting large amounts of gelatine or thickening chemicals, which taste bad and make the drink glugy

3. candy is awful to begin with, the flavours are cheap.

4. your candy will often absorb the vodka, not disolve in it, so you have to eat the ruined candy to get your vodka back

my suggestions
1. flavour your vodka like you would any other drink, add herbs, aromatics, colouring etc

2. pulp fruit without the outsides and mix with vodka, leave to sit for a few hours and crush the vodka back out of it

3. make a watermellon keg, put a hole in the watermellon and smah the insides while leaving the outside in one piece
leave for a few hours
add a "tap", any pipe really
pour the watermellow mush out, strain if desired

4. stop drinking vodka, it's awful
use white rum, white tequila, unflavoured gin etc
>>
>>7155836

Seriously is american candy this shit that it doesn't even disolve in regular vodka?
>>
>>7155689
Protip: try hard candy

Especially in Finland it's rather popular to put Turkish Pepper candies in vodka and hours later the candy has dissolved, giving the vodka a sweet, salmiac flavor
>>
>>7155718
Your sister sounds hot, have you fucked her?
>>
File: 1332500764821.jpg (374 KB, 626x3294) Image search: [Google]
1332500764821.jpg
374 KB, 626x3294
Not gelatin but this looks good
>>
>>7155943
>salmiac
It's salted liquorice på engelska my fellow spurdo.
>>
>>7156363
Don't do this. It creates mustard gas and you will die.
>>
>>7156485
oh noes ty for saving my lief
>>
>>7155902
>>7155791
>obsession with America intensities
>>
>>7156485
Why don't they have ketchup gas? Tasty death
>>
>>7156517
>american can't handle the bantz in the internet, more at 11
>>
>>7156363
I tried this, one bottle with yellow and one with green skittles and they both were alright
Then again I was 18, I'm not so sure I would like it now
>>
white girl thread to be honest
>>
>>7156363
I tried this but put a while load of random shit in it, like black Jacks and sherbet. Then I drank it all in one night and went to school the next day. Good times friends
>>
Skittles are the easiest desu. Get a few bags, seperate and cover each in a seperate glass and stir once every 6 or so hours. Takes around 24 hours to dissolve fully. Wala an actually decent tasting flavored (and nicly coloured) vodka
>>
You need to be 18 to view/post on 4chan!
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.