[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
its 2015 why do people still lie to themselves and say olive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: ew.jpg (42 KB, 500x575) Image search: [Google]
ew.jpg
42 KB, 500x575
its 2015 why do people still lie to themselves and say olive oil tastes nice in cooking
>>
Likely because they, unlike you, know which ones to buy, which ones to cook with and which ones to eat as they are.
>>
>>7034815
This to be honest family
>>
>>7034912
kek
>>
File: Bhagavad Gita.jpg (63 KB, 852x470) Image search: [Google]
Bhagavad Gita.jpg
63 KB, 852x470
>I do not like something so everyone is pretending to like it!

I bet you use word 'hipster' irl.
>>
>>7034803
You don't know the first thing about cooking
Stop embarrassing yourself and fuck off
>>
>>7034803
>pompeiian
I bought that stuff in a moment of desperation while living in flyover land. There's not much else available there

I'm almost certain it's machine oil dyed to resemble olive oil. In any case it's not fit for human consumption. I don't know how they get away with it.
>>
>>7035102
Isn't "Extra Virgin" what you're looking for in olive oil? What makes this one bad?
>>
>>7035133
Extra virgin just has a lower smoke point and strong flavour which lends itself to being the star of the dish. Like salad dressing or as a sauce base. You can cook with it at low temperatures, but it loses its flavour quickly and is usually overpowered by what you're cooking.

Regular olive oils are better for cooking at moderate temperatures due to a higher smoke point and tend to give body to a dish without contrasting too heavily.

Light olive oil has no olive taste but is also gold for moderate temperatures.

People look for extra virgin because it has a better nutritional profile and because they're plebs who just think it's the go-to and don't know when too use different types.

But it's not hard and fast. Being extra virgin doesn't make it the best. That's like saying red wine is the best wine. Yet it could be processed, expressed, stored in completely different ways. The olives could be shit, from shit farms with shit soil and shit storage facilities and heat pressed and shit genetic strains that express shit flavour.
>>
>>7035133
most olive oil is vegetable oil with olive oil flavoring
>>
>>7035170
I wouldn't say most, but counterfeit and adulterated olive oil is a huge global business for sure.
>>
File: MUFFIN.jpg (84 KB, 769x1064) Image search: [Google]
MUFFIN.jpg
84 KB, 769x1064
>>7035168

fuck off back to your containment board you dull eyed dropkick
>>
File: 131097897586.jpg (39 KB, 447x335) Image search: [Google]
131097897586.jpg
39 KB, 447x335
>>7035221
>containment board
>>
>>7035234
Are you retarded?
>>
File: 1440980630596.jpg (73 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
1440980630596.jpg
73 KB, 375x500
>>7035168
>want to buy normal olive oil
>supermarkets only have extra virgin
>>
>>7035170
not in europe
>>
>>7035242
It doesn't matter.
>>
>>7034803
Regular olive oil is fine for cooking and as a condiment. It's the extra virgin oil that's shit. It ruins a perfectly good yautia and tuna fish.
>>
is olive oil in glass or metal tins better? im guessing metal tins since they block sunlight perfectly also i fucking hate olive oil because i dont know whats legit or not
>>
>>7037056
American made stuff is, supposedly, less likely to be counterfeit.

>>7035168
Would you recommend extra virgin or regular for that garlic spaghetti with the funny name I'm not going to look up right now? Spaghetti agliollieollieoxenfree or something. I haven't noticed a difference, but I also messed up a little the second time I made it.
>>
>>7034803
Young virgins taste sweet.
>>
>>7034803
Because you're supposed to use it in dishes in a way that it doesn't actually taste like that shit-ass pungent smell of raw olive oil
>>
because it's healthier than other oils

that's what i read anyway
>>
isn't like most olive oil you buy basically fakes/other vegetable oils produced by the olive oil mafia?
>>
>>7035242
this
there's no such thing as defiled olive oil
>>
>not buying your olive oil directly from small manufacturers
>having to buy shit oil from supermarkets
This is why Americans and non-Mediterranean countries don't know how good and beneficial olive oil is. I'm sorry.
Also this >>7035168
>>
'California olive ranch' extra virgin is quite mild. My dad actually threw it out after tasting it once because it didn't have the fruity flavor of the Spanish olive oil he was used to. I am quite fond of it as a general purpose oil.

>>7037821
You do have to do some research to make sure you are buying the real thing. But it's widely known about now and it's easy to find real olive oil brands with a quick google search
>>
Have you never fried your eggs in olive oil, or dabbed a bit on some freshly toasted bread?

Shit's delicious senpai
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.