[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi ck, i dont know anything about cooking. I have a pie shell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
Hi ck, i dont know anything about cooking. I have a pie shell and a can of cherry pie filling, do I just pour the filling in the shell and stick it in the oven? Will it burn without a crust on top? What can i add to make it more delicious? Please help out this cooking retard today...
>>
Usually people take extra dough and put it on top of the filling.

If you have an already made pie shell, and only 1 then you dont have a "lid"

Personally I would use the one pie shell to make an Egg Quiche for breakfast.

And I would buy two rolls of frozen pastry or make my own pastry to make the cherry pie another day.

Egg quiche is made in about an hour for breakfast.

You have to prebake the shell till its starting to brown, then you add the egg / cream mixture and all the fillings.

I made lots of types of quiche. One that I like is quiche lorraine. Its Onions and Garlic with Bacon and Swiss cheese.

Then you take like 3 eggs and a cup of cream to make the mix and then put it all in the oven for 45 mins around 375
>>
Ive got two pie shells. Can i thaw one and maybe put it over the pie?
>>
>>7293023

Ohh if you have two yes, you could thaw the other one and sacrifice it to make your "Lid"

I would pre bake the first pie shell and then add the can of cherry when its starting to color and look brown slightly on the bottom

Then after you add the cherry you can cut a circle or lid out of the other shell and just waste the sides of it.

Put the lid on top.

Sometimes when people make cherry pie they like to cut strips instead and make a lattice type lid. You could do that if you wanna get fancy.

But pastry on top is best for cherry pie, put it all back in the oven and bake till the top is golden brown.
>>
>>7293061
Thank you!!
>>
>>7292977
>What can i add to make it more delicious?

Throw away the can of "pie filling" and make your own from scratch. A nice trick is to add a splash of booze to the filling while you are cooking it down. The alcohol will cook off and leave behind a great flavor.
>>
>Will it burn without a crust on top

it's pretty hard to burn a pie filling. the crust will burn before the filling ever does.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoWCMzHWlRk
Hard to fuck up.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.