[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did your Christmas dinner look like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8
What did your Christmas dinner look like?
>>
File: IMG_20151225_161732704_HDR.jpg (2 MB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151225_161732704_HDR.jpg
2 MB, 1836x3264
>>7215298
Turkey wrapped in bacon, beef, roast potatoes cooked in beef dripping, yorkshire pudding, brussels sprouts cooked in garlic, bacon and butter, parsnips cooked in honey, carrots, pigs in blankets, stuffing and red cabbage
>>
>>7215298

We ate take out Chinese. My parents had made plans to go out for diner with my older sister, her husband and kids. My sister failed, after knowing this for months, to get money together to pay for her entire company and then my mother tried to get me to pay for her entire company (husband and kids) while my mother would then pay for my sister and herself+dad. Hearing this 4 days before the actual date I was sort of pissed that they just decided to do this and so we ended up staying home eating take out which was fine too. Suddenly my sister understood that I am not there to pay for her spouses, probably cause it was the holidays and she couldn't get away with it (which she tries everytime and my mother gives in way too much).
>>
>>7215318
>Yorkies
>For Christmas dinner
>>
File: IMG_20151224_185715.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151224_185715.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
It looked pretty traditional, I'd say. Country: Finland.
>>
File: Snapchat-6925341340125176782.jpg (240 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-6925341340125176782.jpg
240 KB, 720x1280
>>7215298
Nothing too fancy, pretty happy with my first Christmas dinner that I've done.
>boneless stuffed turkey (used the bones for stock for gravy later)
>garlic whipped potatoes and sweet potatoes
>Turnip
>cranberries
>oven roasted carrots, Peas

I bummed some weed off of my dad, so I was a little stoned near the end, and we didn't have a lot of gravy since I reduced it too much. It was super fucking flavourful though.
My grandma made strawberry shortbread squared for afterwards and shit was tasty as fuck.
>>
My family's from some backwater Bosnian village with weird ass traditions so on the 24th dinner consists of fish, some not-so-bad bean mush, white bread and salad. They also pray like 12 times. It's like visiting some crazy cult.
>>
>>7215389
But don't they celebrate christmas on 7th January?
>>
We followed the family tradition and had Ragout Fin, herring salad and puff pastry pie. Probably the last time we're doing it this way since our grandpa has one foot in the grave and only ate two bites of herring salad this year.

The meal on Christmas Day was better in every way. We had duck baked in a clay pot with bread dumplings and red cabbage. I didn't take any pictures, unfortunately.
>>
All we had for Christmas dinner this year were crab legs, twice baked potatoes, asparagus, and a salad.

I thought it was majorly weird. My parents have been loopy ever since my last living grandparent died. Typically our Christmas dinner at my grandparents was crab legs, lobster tails, and prime rib with sides like potatoes and salads.
>parents bought 12 pounds of crab legs
>nobody ate much of it because they don't really like seafood
>only did it for the nostalgia of my grandparents
>spent an hour at dinner cracking all the clutches that nobody wanted
>walked out with a 1/2lb container of crab.
>>
Turkey cooked upside down, fell apart but super moist.
>>
Mince Meat Pie
>>
File: fixed.jpg (159 KB, 800x468) Image search: [Google]
fixed.jpg
159 KB, 800x468
Ate everything that didn't have animal flesh.
>>
File: image.jpg (134 KB, 1300x866) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134 KB, 1300x866
>>7215298
>What did your Christmas dinner look like?
>>
>>7215617
Pretty traditional.
>>
Beer.
>>
>>7215298
Dude I used to have those chairs in my house
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.