[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here been to/planning to go to Anime St. Louis? Does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
Has anyone here been to/planning to go to Anime St. Louis? Does it suck?

Never been to a con before and it's the closest to me
>>
Hi Stl local and Midwest con veteran. This year will probably be the best. Honestly better than some of the Chicago cons I've been to. If it's close to you GIVE IT A GO!
>>
>>8987287
Hey nice. Glad to hear it, thanks for the opinion. I saw that they have a schedule of events posted now so I'll have to give that a thorough look. I'm just not even sure what to start lol, I've never done anything like this.

If you don't mind, are there any particular events/days that you recommend? I live in southern IL so I'd just go one day.
>>
I went to ASTL in 2013, only time I've been there because it's pretty far for me and a friend of mine needed 2 more people for her hotel room.

It was okay. For some reason, they closed the convention center in the middle of the night so everyone was locked out. Either this is a normal thing and no one told me, or they were being dicks that year in particular. Didn't really affect me majorly either way.

The people seemed pretty stuck up and it was hard to find people who were willing to have a conversation for more than a minute. Staffers were nice. I didn't know anyone there except the girl I drove up with and my boyfriend. I've had much better cons. The venue is nice and they seem to have their shit together generally speaking.
>>
Hi Stl guy again. It's a new and bigger location. I am part of a cosplay group and we hang with anyone. It's half and half. There are some stuck up cosplayers, but very nice community overall. Pretty young crowd not sure what age group you are in, but the over 21 crowd is a minority. If you are one daying it go Saturday. The panels and events are always best on Saturday and if you are over 21 the after party is great!
>>
>>8987939
Sorry you felt that way. I wish I could say everyone in the community is friendly. if you have time this year might change your mind about the con!
>>
Planning on going for the first time this year. It'll be my first time cosplaying too, but probably only for Saturday; been putting together a Trainer Red for the last few months that I hope looks decent
>>
OP here.

Glad to see soome buzz, at least I can go in peace knowing that there's some other 4chan bros/sises (how the heck do you make sis plural?). I need to throw together a cosplay then. I have a gorilla suit, what do you guys think I could do with that?

Maybe put on a tie and go as a realistic DK lol
>>
It's cool for a small local con. Hyped about its return to the St. Charles Convention Center.
>>
OP, it's a really solid local con. St. Louis has been overrun with so many shitty local cons (Arch Anime, KawaKon, Natsucon) that this is the only con I bother going to in our area anymore. It's obviously not going to measure up to bigger Midwest cons, but they're always well run and have solid cosplay guests. I personally haven't experienced many stuck up cosplayers but maybe I'm just one of them.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.