[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Naka-Kon 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 57
File: naka_2016_logo.png (80 KB, 742x742) Image search: [Google]
naka_2016_logo.png
80 KB, 742x742
Because 2015 was -so- last year.

Post up your pics, stories, and whatever else you've got. I hope you all had a great year!
>>
File: Snapchat-4592605465878974293.jpg (731 KB, 1440x2392) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-4592605465878974293.jpg
731 KB, 1440x2392
My purchases for the weekend
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Yaaaay I got probably the last Barbatos in the whole dealers room. No other vendors had them.
>>
File: 20160313_181355-1.jpg (2 MB, 2242x1568) Image search: [Google]
20160313_181355-1.jpg
2 MB, 2242x1568
I spent so much, yet wound up with so little...
So goes con life though haha. I was so happy to find the little splatoon squid keychains!
>>
File: image.jpg (155 KB, 640x776) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155 KB, 640x776
The comm has tried to get rid of her before desu
>>
>>8911314
Seriously who is it?
>>
>>8911367
It's bushy brows bitch the Loli thief.
>>
Which cons are you going to this year?
>>
>>8911314
Lol, remember when those teeny boppers came in here trying to make it seem like they did nothing wrong and LC bullied them away? Kek, good riddance, stay fucking gone, kids.
>>
>>8911367
her current profile pic
>>
>>8911614
No but really is this a Brolita or a transwoman? I don't even want to make fun I just want to not be as confused.
>>
>>8911626
It's a 13 year old girl experimenting with some questionable choices all around. She's in the wrong but I honestly can't believe how much people are insulting her appearance online over this, it's so petty.
Hopefully she'll grow out of her drama cloud and makeup choices.
>>
>>8911655
I'm sorry. I have no prior idea of who she is before this and I wasn't aware of her age but you can't seriously look at those eyebrows and NOT get the urge to say/think something about them. And I legitimately was unsure about her gender. To be honest though I could give a rat's ass about how young she is or how she's being picked on because of her atrocious behavior. I don't sympathize with thieves.
>>
File: NakaWaifus.jpg (741 KB, 2880x1588) Image search: [Google]
NakaWaifus.jpg
741 KB, 2880x1588
Spent way too much, not pictured is a keychain that I'm (semi-jokingly)using as a drift charm.
I'm already looking forward to next year!
>>
>>8911655
13, 16, 17, which is it? People have been throwing around numbers like crazy (and she sure as Hell isn't 13). Kid or not, though, she's certainly making some awful and needs to get her shit together, even if that does mean people tell her harshly to get her shit together.
>>
>>8911718
****making some awful choices

>doyyy
>>
Lolita tea and fashion show were lots of fun, I hope they do them the same way next year. Manga Studio 101 panel was interesting. Staff and photographers were nice and other people asking for photos were polite. I missed a couple of things I wanted to do because of overlap but it can't be helped. I saw some really fun cosplays but also wondered what was up with so many people just wearing either random fox tails, some animal ears or a bad wig when they were seemingly not really cosplaying anything, just wearing 1 or more of these items?
>>
>>8911727
>what was up with so many people just wearing either random fox tails, some animal ears or a bad wig when they were seemingly not really cosplaying anything, just wearing 1 or more of these items
This is extremely common at every con everywhere. It's just people having fun and trying to be part of the experience without being in full costume. Like how people wear Mickey Mouse ears at Disney; just something small to feel like they fit in.
>>
>>8911727
The tea party was nice but I kinda wish there was more to do. It's all well and good if you got to sit next to people you know, but a little more difficult to break the ice when sitting with strangers.

Thank GOD we were able to fight for the dress code this year. There was a super greasy creep in front of me and I swear he had lice eggs or something in his hair. I was trying to give him an absurd amount of space in line and I was ecstatic when he was turned out for his dirty t shirt and jeans.
>>
File: 1457793308394.jpg (53 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
1457793308394.jpg
53 KB, 500x495
Were there any good amvs this year?
I sadly missed the contest
>>
>>8911772
Is the contest something you can enter before the con?
>>
>>8911754
>Thank GOD we were able to fight for the dress code this year.
Why would there ever NOT be a dress code at a semi-formal event like a tea party. It's not a maid cafe.
>>
>>8911780
I know you can submit your info ahead of time and bring in your amv on a flash drive or send it through email. I'm pretty sure you have to sign up at least a week ahead of time.

Not 100% sure; I judged last year and that's how it worked, not sure if things changed this year.
>>
>>8911754
Maybe suggest some activities you'd like to have next year? I think that could be a thing, there was time for a short game or a "getting to know you" type activity.
>>
>>8911737
Oh, ok! I just was not sure but yes, makes sense and sounds fun now. I didn't see many cat, bunny, bear things just fox, fox so I was curious. But I do vote for a 'wig care and styling 101' panel because I saw lots of badly styled wigs in and out of cosplay.
>>
File: Naka.jpg (148 KB, 964x850) Image search: [Google]
Naka.jpg
148 KB, 964x850
Dunno if anyone saw me or knew who/what I was, but hey! It was my first debut of the Papa Emeritus III costume, and 11 people knew who I was. So - I'd say a success.

The Kylo Ren went over really well - couldn't go far in it without having a picture taken. Bought it from Saint's Customs, so it's 501st approvable etcetc... First time wearing it at a con, and I completely underestimated how HOT it'd be. Definitely learning from that.
>>
File: 3T7A8275.jpg (478 KB, 3840x5760) Image search: [Google]
3T7A8275.jpg
478 KB, 3840x5760
>>8912131
Is this you that I got a picture of at the rave?
>>
>>8912167
That wasn't me - I probably would've spontaneously combusted if I tried going there in my full Kylo Ren.
>>
>>8911314
Talking about this again? What's more important is the tea was a disaster. Cheap everything. Lack of everything. I heard the planners pocketed some of the money and are doing something similar with Paradiso. That is way bigger than a supposed petty theft.
>>
Did any of you guys go to the charity ball?
>>
>>8912274
The whole tea party was an ad for Paradiso anyway.

>>8912468
Nah, I haven't been to the ball in years. Always kinda seemed like something a couple of the staffers were way more into than anyone else. Power tripping on playing prince and Princess haha
>>
>>8912131

Nice cosplay on both!

Never seen anyone cosplay as Papa before and was the Kylo Ren costume made completely out of that scratchy wool material?
>>
>>8912274
There was an entire row of tables that weren't being used, and there was no way 80 people were in there.

I just wish they had more stuff besides tea, like hot cocoa or lemonade.
>>
>>8912515
Evidently you lack basic arithmetic skills? The tables that were set for tea were 8 in number, and set for 10 guests each and were full. Rooms are set up to capacity for other con activities.
>>
>>8912131
I saw you, nice job on both!!
>>
>>8912274
haha, someone doesnt know how expense reports work...
>>
>>8911614
>posting a 14 years olds FB

that's really disgusting, no matter how you feel about what happened.

>>8912530
people with tickets were getting turned away, and they had sold out. if it was still full, that's kind of weird.
>>
Did anyone get pics of the league of legends cosplays? Sendem pleasee
>>
>>8912578
Then post the report. It's not a big deal. It's simple math. $20 x 80 tickets. That's $1600. Show us where the money went.
>>
>>8912740
They can't post the report because they lost the receipts kek
>>
>>8912740
Idk about this group, but costs for catering food (convention centers and hotels usually require in the contract that you cater food thru them), e-ticket fees, any decorations, prizes if they had them?
>>
>>8912770
The prizes were either donated by the Lolita Collective or the decorations from the tables that they would be reimbursed for anyway. There wasn't catering really, one cupcake and two macarons each with tea served by the hosts themselves.
>>
>>8912740
put on your big girl bloomers and ASK the hostesses, the con staff or similar. I am sure they will be glad to speak with you off anon. And no I am not one of the above, unfortunately or I'd school you on the spot. Your accusations here are cowardly.
>>
>>8912633
I was not aware of anyone with a ticket being turned away UNLESS they were one of a couple of people who WERE denied entry for not following the dress code. I heard from 3 people that it did happen this year, it was enforced.
>>
>>8912501
There's a good amount of Papa cosplayers out there, but very spread out. I have Papa II, but it's not finished, and Papa III's papal robes in progress.

As far as the material for the Kylo, it's a very nice soft weighty material. Not exactly sure what it is.
>>
Lol I only took one picture and it was a selfie with one of the guests.

I need to work on taking more pics at cons in the future but granted, I feel that most of the cosplays at Naka didn't wow me since it's like the same shit every year.

Also kicking myself for leaving my fight pad in my friend's car and I won't get it until Friday, the day when I got two money matches at a local convention.
>>
>>8911718
Last time I checked, she was 16. She definitely is loud and pushy, and rude in person. I haven't done much besides be nice to her because her and I have mutual friends and I knew she was young and just sorta....clueless about social things like that, just as I was when I was that age. However, stealing is not okay. I don't know how things will be next time I see her if at all, but from the times she's had her mom around for some meets, I can't help but think letting her mom know of what's happened would be a good thing. Overall, I just think if she calmed down some and realized what she had done was wrong she might be a good person to have around. But for now, I guess she just needs to take a year-long time out.
>>
>>8912828
>laughs at anon who tells other anon to go off anon.
>>
>>8912482
If that is a preview of what Paradiso will be like, I'll pass.
>>
>>8913319
You mean you're not feeling a 5k gofundme and a $40 admission for the opportunity to sit and take selfies?
>>
>>8913338
Don't forget Anon, if you donated $50 to the gofundme then you get 20% off admission.

The whole thing seems like a big scam to me.
>>
Ayy, besides Motaku and Naka, what other cons are there in the KCMO/KCK area? I also do Sci Fi and comic conventions.
>>
File: 1356623141476.png (542 KB, 500x668) Image search: [Google]
1356623141476.png
542 KB, 500x668
>>8912740
> $20
> Show us where the money went.

Oh you sweet, sweet summer children.

Tea + a cupcake + two macrons from a hotel/convention center? For $20? That's sounds pretty cheap to me?
>>
>>8913389
There's Sausomecon in June in KC. This is it's second year and despite the awful name got off to a good start last year. It's less of a family friendly vibe than naka but not as much of a mess as Ahn-con
>>
>>8913504
I might look into that con. Probably go there for a weekend trip. Thank god for hotel employee discounts lol.
>>
>>8913407
Ok Settle for Less-chan. Keep telling yourself that. Kek.
>>
File: 1456193818718.png (338 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
1456193818718.png
338 KB, 500x380
>>8911314
> tfw know this person
> laughing my ass off digging this drama up
God Bless you Naka-Kon y'all are making working in a cross state spring break destination and not getting to go worth it
>>
>>8912468
I've gone in previous years, but my s/o couldn't make it this year and it feels like more of a couples thing. I got to see some really gorgeous dresses though.

>>8912482
Eh, the ball's been around for years. The first one I went to was in 2009, back when it was still at the Hyatt. I don't feel like they keep it around just for the staff, though I'm sure they enjoy it. I've heard fellow attendees refer to it as "Weeaboo prom". Lots of people love it because of that. It's just a place to dress up/cosplay and be totally accepted, which is neat. Plus where else are you gonna be able to waltz to Final Fantasy music?

>>8913389
Sausomecon (terribad name, decent con), Ahn-Com, Planet Comic-Con, Kansas City Comic-Con, and Crypticon if you're into horror films. There's also an MLP convention, but the name escapes me. (I think it's just "Pony-Con"?)
>>
>>8913770
How small is Sausomecon?
>>
>>8913805
Extremely small. There was barely anything in the vendor's area. I guess it's great if all you intend to do is hang out with people and get drunk.
>>
>>8913805
i think i remember there being maybe a couple hundred people per day. the VA panels and music performances were mostly empty, but i actually liked that since it made it more personal with the guests.

>>8913826
vending was tiny, but the vendors that were there were pretty good, unlike gtx-kc's offerings
>>
>>8913213
Yes but I'm not the one asking for an accounting or making accusations or I'd be off anon and over in the question-asking line with my name and badge number. There is a time and a place for anon but when truly requesting info instead of just casting shade? Well, if they really wanted to KNOW, y'know instead of just talking shit it's easy enough to find out the actual 'answers' to these 'questions'.
>>
>>8912515
it was a TEA party. If you were expecting something besides tea to drink at a tea party, might have been a good idea to ask before buying your ticket. Or a good thing to request for next time.
>>
>>8913851
Sshhheeeeiiiiittttt, I'd like a VA panel that I can actually hear
>>
I was scared to go because it seemed like a couples thing, but ended up dancing with a ton of people who were also there alone. I definitely want to go next year
>>
>>8913770
>>8914419
^^^^^^^^^
Apparently I don't know how to respond to messages
>>
>>8914419
>>8913770
^^^^^
Apparently I don't know how to respond, sorry about that
>>
>>8913407
> tea you can get in a bundle at the dollar store
> cupcake that can be made for dirt cheap (ever had a Wal-Mart cupcake? Where half the ingredients are flour, water, and crisco?)
> 2 Macaroons (again, ever had one from Winn-Dixie or another ghetto grocert?They're cheap frozen shit and you better believe you can get them in bulk at Sam's Club or other places)
I didn't attend but hotels aren't necessarily all serving upscale foods and if you believe the full $20 is going towards tea and a handful of cheap sweets you don't understand business. I don't think that's an outrageous price but I can certainly see the potential for mass profit if their sources for the refreshments are cheap.
>>
>>8914570
Anon, hotels/convention centers like this frequently have monopolies on food and drink, so they can charge whatever they want to make inexpensive sweets. They charge exorbitant and ridiculous fees (one event had a fee to literally just cut a cake, and it was like $3 a head), and to be honest, $20 frequently buys you a lot less. People always underestimate the cost of catering when you host an event like this, but it adds up really quickly. $20 could go to a lot less than it did.
>>
>>8914570
I was happy with the tea party and price. They served a nice tea assortment, not dollar store tea, the cupcakes were the big almost double sized ones. Not sure about the macarons but they werent the slightest bit stale, tough or cold and tasted better than the frozen kind I have gotten at Sams and I have eaten plenty of those. Plates, cups and teapots were china, no paper plates, or plastic spoons, tablecloths were cloth, not cheap table covers...There was a professional photographer with a backdrop. Conventions need to make money to cover paying for guests and then to put on the next con and for all the non-volunteer staff like lighting, sound, etc...where do people suppose this comes from?
>>
Hey, I'm the loser who ran the Naka tea party from 2010 to 2015. I stepped out of it this year so I have no idea what the costs were but I can offer insight from 2015. Sheraton charged $66/gallon of hot water plus a mandatory set-up/tear-down/server fee of $75/hour. That meant that to do the tea for 70 people, the hot water and table settings came out to $699 ($10/ticket). Any food, decorations, and prizes were additional expenses on top of that base cost of $10/ticket. And don't forget, the con needs to turn at least a small profit from the event to make it worth doing at all (because conventions are really damn expensive). So yeah, think what you will but know that there's a lot more happening (and being paid for) behind the scenes than you realize.
>>
>>8914964
Con org but not with Naka. I can vouch about these rates and problems. We get taken to the cleaners on our Food & Beverage obligations. We also pay $75 for hot water. $95 for coffee. On top of it we have to pay a mandatory 30% in forced gratuity and taxes. We tried to do a buyout which was even worse.

Anons can all shut the hell up until they've tried negotiating with hotels. It's their house and they'll force cons to pay their overpriced rates with the only option of going elsewhere.

Food sucks? Too bad. You can either pay more for $3 snacks instead of $1 snacks or not even get a tea party at all.
>>
File: 3risbcx.jpg (77 KB, 666x499) Image search: [Google]
3risbcx.jpg
77 KB, 666x499
>>8913586
I'm not "telling myself that", you literally have no idea how much these types of things typically cost if you think $20 is expensive.

I've organized tea parties outside of convention settings, and it's not cheap. Inside of convention settings it costs even more.

Usually a lolita tea party at a convention costs $45-$75.

>>8914570
Hotels / Convention Centers typically have contracts for catering. To serve food in the space, you either have to use their catering service or pay a fee for outside catering. The fees are ridiculous. It's not like "hey, give us $20 and you are good", it's usually more like "give us a few hundred dollars".

And no respectable hotel (aka anything bigger than a bug infested motel) or convention center is buying stuff from a grocery or dollar store. They are buying from a food service company that supplies things to places like hotels, cafeterias and starbucks or making it in house.

That said, the profit margin on the convention center side is huge, I'm sure, that's why they have the contracts the way they do.

But they weren't the ones hosting the party.

The people hosting the party probably had a negligible profit margin. That is what I'm saying.
>>
>>8914570
a macaron is not a macaroon. also do you have like zero life experience or what
>>
>>8911782
In previous years a dress code was not enforced for this tea. So any weep, cosplayer or creepy shirt guy could attend.
>>
File: 1457686596811.jpg (27 KB, 460x282) Image search: [Google]
1457686596811.jpg
27 KB, 460x282
>>8915136
Tfw all I want to do is go 'mirin QT Lolita dresses but presence would be weird because random black guy staring lmao
>>
>>8915455
Dude just... Go to the fashion show then. That's why it exists. Admire away.
>>
>>8915464
I couldn't make it because of my group, thats the only fucking thing I wanted to do Sunday
>>
File: CdABXr3UIAECKEI.jpg (47 KB, 305x683) Image search: [Google]
CdABXr3UIAECKEI.jpg
47 KB, 305x683
>>8915464
Too poor to Brolita atm
Wut do
>>
>>8915013
Tea party hostesses and serving people at these teas are usually 100% volunteer too unless the con also pays the hotel staff to serve (and that's another tier more expensive). As far as the 'Tell us where the money goes George' BS...well, to you dipshits whining...it goes to the CON. Volunteer hours count towards badges, as per usual...and all of this you would know if you were ever any sort of con volunteer or really interested in 'how all this works' and not just stirring shit.
>>
>>8912131
That Kylo Ren costume looks awesome. How long did it take to make it, provided that you did make it. I'm considering doing a Kylo Ren cosplay myself at some point this year.
>>
>>8913770
How big is KCCC?
>>
>>8916754
It's pretty big (bartle hall and stuff) but there's not as much to do as at an anime-centric con I feel like. It's mostly just a big comic dealer room.
>>
>>8916794
I was disappointed at the difference between weeaboo cons and westaboo cons
>>
File: fashion show 1.jpg (50 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
fashion show 1.jpg
50 KB, 960x720
Two threads in and virtually no cosplays posted, so I'll dump some from the fashion show. I think our comm is really well dressed.
>>
File: fashion show 2.jpg (50 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
fashion show 2.jpg
50 KB, 720x960
>>8917881
>>
File: fashion show 3.jpg (46 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
fashion show 3.jpg
46 KB, 960x720
>>8917886
>>
File: fashion show 4.jpg (48 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
fashion show 4.jpg
48 KB, 720x960
>>8917889
>>
File: fashion show 5.jpg (64 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
fashion show 5.jpg
64 KB, 720x960
>>8917890
>>
File: fashion show 6.jpg (48 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
fashion show 6.jpg
48 KB, 960x720
>>8917892
>>
File: fashion show 7.jpg (50 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
fashion show 7.jpg
50 KB, 720x960
>>8917895
>>
File: fashion show 8.jpg (47 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
fashion show 8.jpg
47 KB, 720x960
>>8917896
>>
File: fashion show 9.jpg (42 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
fashion show 9.jpg
42 KB, 960x720
>>8917901
>>
File: fashion show 10.jpg (47 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
fashion show 10.jpg
47 KB, 960x720
>>8917902
>>
File: fashion show 11.jpg (56 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
fashion show 11.jpg
56 KB, 720x960
>>8917904
>>
File: fashion show 12.jpg (61 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
fashion show 12.jpg
61 KB, 720x960
>>8917905
>>
File: fashion show 13.jpg (58 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
fashion show 13.jpg
58 KB, 720x960
>>8917907
>>
File: fashion show 14.jpg (49 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
fashion show 14.jpg
49 KB, 720x960
>>8917908
>>
File: fashion show 15.jpg (52 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
fashion show 15.jpg
52 KB, 720x960
>>8917912
>>
File: fashion show 16.jpg (42 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
fashion show 16.jpg
42 KB, 720x960
>>8917917
>>
File: fashion show 17.jpg (48 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
fashion show 17.jpg
48 KB, 720x960
>>8917919
>>
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 640x1136
I always feel creepy posting people's cosplays here.

This was an interesting genderbend, there was a lot of effort and that Crescent Rose looked even better in person.
>>
File: fashion show 18.jpg (46 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
fashion show 18.jpg
46 KB, 720x960
>>8917921
>>
File: image.jpg (166 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166 KB, 640x1136
>>8917925
>>
File: fashion show 19.jpg (48 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
fashion show 19.jpg
48 KB, 720x960
>>8917926
Last one!
>>
File: image.jpg (169 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169 KB, 640x1136
>>8917929
>>
File: image.jpg (220 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
220 KB, 640x1136
>>8917932
>>
File: image.jpg (146 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146 KB, 640x1136
>>8917936
>>
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 640x1136
>>8917938
>>
>>8917881
This was the stage from the rave, right?
>>
>>8917949
Yeah, it was also used for the concerts and the opening/closing ceremonies. Main Ballroom.
>>
>>8917960
Well shit. I actually wanted to see the closing But I didn't know where it took place
>>
>>8918091
you didnt miss much. just some traps judging cosplays and praising the gender neutral bathrooms
>>
File: D72_6028.jpg (371 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
D72_6028.jpg
371 KB, 1500x1000
got a few pics i've been sitting on
>>
File: D72_6003.jpg (332 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
D72_6003.jpg
332 KB, 1500x1000
>>
File: D72_5391.jpg (250 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
D72_5391.jpg
250 KB, 1500x1000
>>
File: D72_5796.jpg (412 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
D72_5796.jpg
412 KB, 1500x1000
>>
File: cglnotevenonce.jpg (281 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
cglnotevenonce.jpg
281 KB, 1500x1000
>>
File: D72_5230.jpg (269 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
D72_5230.jpg
269 KB, 1500x1000
>>
>>8917907
God that smug expression
>>
Anyone get pics of a Sakura Chiyo cosplayer? I pussed out and couldn't go up to her and would like to admire from afar
>>
>>8915478
sorry you couldn't make it but just so you know for next time, there were a lot of guys in the audience just 'mirin the dresses (or girls) for whatever reason. Most Lolitas and others surrounding do not judge why audience members are there and of course everyone staring, just look at the audience of any fashion show, slack jaw staring is the norm. :^).
>>
>>8912131
Oh my god, I'm so slow. I just made the cnnection. I wasn't at Naka this year, but last year my bf and I took pics in front of your Dorothy. Dude, we love it. You did a great job. Your cosplay looks great, too.
I knew this picture looked familiar when I saw it under my bfs friendslist....
>>
>>8919310
Word, I really wanted to look through the dresses at that vendor but that would've been a little too sketchy lmao
>>
>>8919789
not if you had said 'oh hi, jus' shopping for a friend'. lol. Anyway, people usually get the feel if you are perving, interested or just curious according to the vibe you put out, I think. You missed some good bargains too, they had a good run at the con and some nice stuff. Check their site and just go next time.
>>
File: 1457274285887.png (524 KB, 655x526) Image search: [Google]
1457274285887.png
524 KB, 655x526
>>8919832
Thanks m8
I'll try again at Anime Fest Wichita or Tokyo in Tulsa
>>
All this drama and not a single secret about the KC comm. Good Job guys!
>>
File: 1.jpg (763 KB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
763 KB, 1836x3264
Got this
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-19-22-59-40-1.png (188 KB, 1428x1356) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-19-22-59-40-1.png
188 KB, 1428x1356
My friend just messaged me on FB about the stalker LMAO
>>
>>8920206
YOOO that was me/
I'm at uptown arts bar talking about you.
I was watching your post while I was at Anime Milwaukee
>>
>>8920264
I'm actually on the patio as I post this!
>>
>>8920265
Damn dude, I'm in Hutchinson, KS right now or I'd head there immediately.
this is fucking wild
>>
File: received_10208787920596975.jpg (62 KB, 720x1230) Image search: [Google]
received_10208787920596975.jpg
62 KB, 720x1230
>>8920265
Forgot pic
>>
>>8919789
Dude, it would have been fine. I was at their booth when they were at Acen and a rando nervous dude was browsing "for a friend" that was totally for himself and they weren't weirded out about it at all. They let him try something on and he left with a full coord that they helped him pick out. I think that's not abnormal to happen at a con.
>>
>>8920295
Sssshhheeeeiiiitttt
I'm reading way too much into this
>>
>>8920096
what secrets
>>
Sure is attention whore in here.
>>
>>8924733
Is this bait
>>
>>8920096
It's because they took out the trash. It was time.
>>
File: 1458622977498.jpg (161 KB, 720x951) Image search: [Google]
1458622977498.jpg
161 KB, 720x951
Jesus m8
I need to go to another fucking con soon
>>
>>8930467
For me, I honestly just enjoy going to only one a year.
>>
>>8930505
One per quarter is about all I want to spend for. Cosplay, travel and hotel aren't cheap but that's about right for my budget. It's also about all I want to sew for too.
>>
>>8931097
What are the cons you have left this year?
I'm aiming for AFW, Tokyo in Tulsa, Sausomecom and maybe Nebraskon
>>
File: maid cafe naka.jpg (75 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
maid cafe naka.jpg
75 KB, 960x640
I'm digging the tea complaints out of the grave for this one.
The maid cafe just posted their photos and they used the same room and setup, sharing the use of all the equipment. The maid cafe had the same admission as the tea as well, but it looked like it had a way better selection of food and activities.

I guess I know which ticketed event I'll pay for next year now.
>>
ya'll need to get out more.
>acen
>Anime Midwest
>Sausom
>Midwest Furfest
>>
File: FB_IMG_1457056802681-1.jpg (78 KB, 750x458) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1457056802681-1.jpg
78 KB, 750x458
>>8932227
>Midwest Furfest
>>
>>8931941
Setting up unwrapped food, no plastic gloves.
Nope.
>>
Sausomecon trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk_nRf2xIo0
>>
>>8937279
wrong link lmao
facebook/sausomecon/videos/582302405278612/
>>
File: 18sq54wikvorqjpg[1].jpg (43 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
18sq54wikvorqjpg[1].jpg
43 KB, 800x534
>>8937298
>facebook/sausomecon/videos/582302405278612/

I've been waiting for a cringe thread to pop up so I could post this.
Are.... do they WANT people to actually come? Especially with the whole "Having an asshat that was banned from Naka, Nebraskon and CONgregation as a special guest even though people are saying they won't come because of it" thing. Awful publicity all around smdh
>>
>>8937348
Who's banned?
>>
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 637x829) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 637x829
>>
>>8938202
So is he like
Confirmed rapist?
>>
This isn't even Naka stuff anymore, make a new thread pls.
>>8939701
>>8938202
>>8937514
>>8937348
>>8937298
>>8937279
>>
It's fascinating to hear the Naka-kon staff evaluate 4chan threads as a valid form of feedback for the con even with all the trolling and drama.
>>
>>8944703
It's fascinating that we've kept this thread alive for so long
>>
>>8944703
That's nice to hear. People are more honest on here I think. I doubt many gulls would say this stuff in a feedback form (or if they did they wouldn't be so openly and brutally honest )
>>
File: 1459897101942.png (374 KB, 870x720) Image search: [Google]
1459897101942.png
374 KB, 870x720
Is Sausomecon any good? Might cancel my hotel reservations as there seems to be mixed views about it.
>>
>>8948728
I went there last year out of morbid curiosity, didn't buy a badge or anything. Got bored within 10 minutes and promptly left.
>>
>>8948728
i liked it. wasnt bad for a first time con. a lot less hectic and had more interesting guests than naka that year.
Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 57

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.