[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Landlord question If I rent a property and on the paperwork i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
Landlord question
If I rent a property and on the paperwork i put it down that I am also a roommate, even though I'm not and live elsewhere.
If the tenant skips out on the money, can I just go inside with a bunch of dudes and just eat the whole fridge and always have someone in the bathroom locked and all types of shit to get the tenant out quick.
Is this possible?
>>
>>1259361
1. Look up the Landlord-Tenant laws in your area.
2. This seems like a really dark grey area. So dark it's just short of black. If you have a tenant on a lease, you cannot evict them unless they violate a term of that lease. And you cannot just harass them to make them leave.
My better judgement tells me you better be ready for a litigation if you do that.
>>
cheeki kunt
>>
>>1259361
don't rent to people you don't trust.
that's all.
no need for underhanded nasty tricks.

i rent and i met plenty suspicious assholes i didn't rent from because i have a simple rule. in the rent period it is my home the landlord comes in if i invite him he doesn't have a key to my home and certainly doesn't go through my stuff or let anyone in there when i'm not at home.

some don't like this thy can rent to dishonest people who will replace the lock on the first day. i like to keep things honest. and also like to tidy up before the landlord visits you know so i need to know in advance.
>>
>>1259533
one way to filter out the no gooders is ask for huge deposit, you offer to invest it in any way they choose be it state bonds or whatever that doesn't retire a brokerage account or any other hassle from you. that way they don't feel their money is just sitting there and doing nothing they will be more inclined to pay a steep deposit. they get it back when they leave the rental and all damage (not resulted from normal use) gets deducted of course.
>>
>>1259361
Doing things that force a person out of the place by making it unliveable (changing locks, demanding them to be home for inspection at unrealistic times, turning off heat etc.) is not legal. If you own the place, I don't think that pretending you're just a roommate would absolve you of the fact that you're forcing someone out without taking legal routes.

Like others said, just put on the lease agreement whatever things you are worried about and be ready to sue for eviction.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.