[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any credit card advice? I'm looking into getting one to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
Any credit card advice? I'm looking into getting one to pay for gas/groceries to build up some credit, even though I'm currently paying off

>student loans

Is there anything to watch out in particular if I would only be using the card for this? Any tips on maximizing the benefits of credit cards?
>>
>>1253337

Reddit.com/r/churning.

Go. Read.
>>
>>1253337
Look for a card that gives back shit like 1% on groceries, 2% on gas, etc.

Or look for a card that does reward points, and if you use it enough maybe in a year or two you'll have saved up a free flight.

If you don't want to jew yourself just make sure you immediately pay off all purchases you make on the card. If you're just starting out, your interest rate could be high like 15%

Dont use your credit card for fun.
Use it for simple every day shit that you are going to pay off anyway, and have it for emergencies.
>>
I think you should look up what a rising interest rate environment does to credit cards.
>>
>>1253373
Nothing because you have to be a retard to ever pay a single cent of interest on a credit card.
>>
>>1253381
it aint even about interest bro
companies are clamping down on applicants
>>
>>1253343
>your interest rate could be high like 15%
15% would be really low for someone without established credit. In fact, that's low for someone with good credit. Your average credit card is gonna run between 15 and 25% APR.

That said, you should never carry a fucking balance on a credit card ever unless you're a complete fucking idiot. Don't pay for things you can't buy right now with cash. It's just... it's fucking mind boggling to me, that people can't figure that out. God damn I hate people.
>>
>>1253394
So it gets a little harder to get approved, no big deal. That just means it'll take a little longer to build up your credit and start getting the good cards.

The only time a credit crunch matters is when you've stepped way over your leverage capabilities and you're trying to pay 4 mortgages because "the interest is only 3%!"
>>
>>1253465
I have a 9% card 8)
>>
>>1253465
As a shareholder in Mastercard, Visa and Amex I'm not bothered too much.
Persue your self-interest my friend.
>>
Good job paying for a shitty college education, I'm sure those Marxist kikes taught you well

I'm sure you'll be earning 100k a year in no time
>>
>be 18
>apply for a credit card with bank
>accepted - get lowest possible rate
>be 19
>Apply for Amex platinum rewards cashback card
>Accepted
Never known a rejection senpai.
>>
Does credit card interest compound immediately or monthly? I've been paying off my card on saturdays.
>>
>>1253343
>your interest rate could be high like 15%
nigga all the cards i find have an interest rate of 37%-40%
>>
>>1253490
amex is real shit here
it has like 1% cashback and +2% in a few stores that don't interest me much.
low cap too for cashback.
it just not worth the bother.
>>
>>1253513
What kind of cards where you are offer the best deals? Give examples.
>>
>>1253523
there is a mastercard that has 3% cashback for groceries and 5% seasonal but pretty steep annual cost. if you spend a lot it's worth it. i'm applying for it see what it looks like in a year.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.