[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Dao
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: dao.png (40 KB, 564x284) Image search: [Google]
dao.png
40 KB, 564x284
Still missing:

1. A GUI (in Browser for example) for voting, proposing, etc.

2. A way to buy and sell dao tokens at a broker.

3. Some pages with statistics about who owns how many tokens, voting results, dao ether balance etc. (maybe integrated into the GUI)

4. An android/ios app with notifications about voting etc.

5. A forum only token holders can use where proposals can be discussed (people who hold more tokens should be displayed further up).

If these things arent created relatively soon most people will not be able to use the dao tokens they purchased efficiently.
>>
>>1248059
>>1248059

Oh wow another suck ass piece of software that's over hyped, over prices, missing a GUI, no UI at all for that matter, and doesn't even fucking work yet.

Fuck off scum fuck.
>>
>>1248059
checkout metamask.io for a good chrome ext that is coming out to interact with contracts.

Bittrex is already said they are going to accept Tokens and trade them.

This is going to be the biggest thing in the 21st century or the dumbest thing. I'm a sucker for risk so i got myself a nice seat in this rocket. It will either go to Oort cloud or it will explode. either way, it's not my actual life and if i lose the money, it's just money... that i made from eth :D

Shit is about to get really exciting here...
>>
This is a pump n dump

Stop expecting a professional product

Get in low and get out high
>>
There are in browser ui's for voting on exchanges, nobody can vote yet so they are not exposed, this will come at the end of the creation phase.
Same goes for #2, tokens cannot be traded until the end of the creation phase.

https://daostats.github.io/biggest.html

I haven't looked into #4 because I don't care for that anyway, my phone has a web browser which works fine because of #1 and #2

#5 There is already a forum, why would there need to be a private one when all of the stuff is public on the blockchain anyway? Either way if you want it suggest it, I bet they would at least have some way to display percentage next to forum usernames.

Nigga do your research.
>>
OP here.
>>1248089
isnt metamask just for smart contracts in general and not especially for the dao? Also, at first I was skeptical because the majority of people are idiots, but considering that over 50% of all token holders have invested over 100'000 dollars, the majority of the voting power lies with people that at least seem to know what theyre doing. So now Im hyped af.

>>1248116
Theyre needs to be a tokenholder only forum that displays posts based on amount of tokens held by the poster to eliminate trolls and idiots.
And yes I have done my research, but I was just wondering if there is anything I missed.
>not caring about an app
how cool would it be to hear a "ding" and just look at the proposal and vote on it on your phone instead of manually checking if there is anything to vote on every day.

Another cool thing (#6 if you will) would be a standardised smart contract interface for contracters so that GUIs can display things like amount of ETH or pay schedules and other things with the proposals and not just code. This is especially for proposals similar to slockit. If this were the case the advantage would be that token holders wouldn't have to get out their coding glasses every time when deciding what to vote on, but instead could confortably compare proposals within their browsers.
>>
DAO GUI leak
>>
>>1248071
He obviously has no idea what he is talking about. The USD is dead, it is backed by the US government which we cannot trust. Trumpcoin will be the next world currency.
>>
>>1248442
Terrible.
>>
The DAO is a blackhole for ETH. Its just taking ETH from dumb people. It won't give you an investment back.
>>
>>1248707
how so?
>>
>>1248148
correction: more than 50 percent of all tokens are held by token holders who have over 100 thousand dollars worth of tokens
>>
You guys do realize that The DAO is just a fancy name for voting ... The same thing could have been done with multi-sig.

I'd recommend you all to learn more about blockchains and smart contracts before you buy into the latest buzz words ...
>>
>>1249528
Seriously, some schmuck makes a new """"""investment"""""" into DAO and suddenly, they are supposed to become a millionaire?
>>
>>1248707
This.

A bunch of shitty "start ups" will use it to get funding, then proceed to piss it all away without any real returns. These sort of things tend to attract the shoegazing redditor types, the sort that would put a "resist capitalism" sticker on the Macbook daddy bought them, which they use to edit their indie album of droning G chords.
>>
>>1249528

are you sure about that??? lol you silly fak!
>>
>>1248687
YOU"RE FACE
>>
>>1248059
Forum is available on their official page.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.