[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Grandfather born into Poor Northern Irish potato family
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: 1400528240543s.jpg (6 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
1400528240543s.jpg
6 KB, 250x238
>Grandfather born into Poor Northern Irish potato family
>GrandMother born into poor uneducated family near the England-Wales border
>both of them bust asses entire life, One becomes a successful engineer and the other a dentist
>both immigrate to Canada for opportunity outside of britbongistan, meet each other in Toronto and become lovers,
>accumulate wealth for a while
>have kids
>one kid is studious, other one is lazy and refuses to do anything worthwhile even though his parents would have given him enough money to get through pretty much any higher education
>still does nothing until 26 when he finally decides to go to college to become a physiotherapist (they don't make jack shit where I live)
>Mom born in incredibly poor family of 5 in the shitty side of Montreal
>works hard all through school despite working for almost all of high school and manages to get into college for Graphic design (it was all that she was able to get into)
>works hard whole life and eventually meets Dad
>have me who is going to finish school $150K in debt
>mfw my dad could have been rich if he payed attention in school
>mfw my mom deserves to be rich
>>
>>961956
You lost me op
>>
my mom was given a house in a city and still managed to fuck everything up. I get better at letting go every day but it also means getting away from my family which is tough
>>
>>961956
I feel you bro. My dad was a lawyer for 15 years and never made over 35k. How the fuck he managed to not acquire connections, promotions, or better employment over that time astounds me. He then got laid off and didn't look for work for 7 years when he finally took a minimum wage job.

I'm the most successful member of my family and I have nothing. It's a cushiony nothing, but I've busted by ass to finally hit $0 at exactly 26.
>>
>>961956
r9k
>>
>>961968
Holy shit where do you live where lawyers are making $35k?

Where I live the average lawyer salary is $80-90K and lots of lawyer salaries hover into the 150K-220K range
>>
File: 1445044824224.jpg (229 KB, 496x1816) Image search: [Google]
1445044824224.jpg
229 KB, 496x1816
>>961956
>mfw my mom walked out to party and do drugs and tried her best to bankrupt our family
>mfw my dad had to drop out of school to work 60+ hours/week to raise my brother and I
>mfw he marries a shit woman that blows through our savings, doesn't do anything around the house but eat, shit, and talk on the phone
>mfw my shit mom marries a rich man and lives the life of a trophy wife, playing victim to all the bullshit she pulled
>mfw the roles should be reversed but women live life on tutorial mode and have 0 consequences for their actions ever.
>>
>>961976
M A S S A C H U S E T T S
Where lawyers make extra 4noraisin. It makes no fucking sense how he failed so miserably. Supposedly he was a defense attorney so people only ever hated him, and he didn't think that was a good enough reason to do ANY OTHER TYPE OF LEGAL WORK.

I'm so mad. I could have started me life at 22 with 30k instead of negative 30k.
>>
>tfw parents convince you not to enlist in military for GI bill.
FUCK MY STUPID SELF
>>
>>961978
At least you know to not get married now, anon. I respect the Japanese millenials for rejecting marriage en masse and forcing women to become useful again (paying rent or doing all the chores, being nice, actually being faithful) since the ratio of available men and available women is about 2:5.
>>
>>961982
Jesus, that sucks

What are you going into anon? I'm getting a BA in Econ before going to law school
>>
>>961956
>>both immigrate to Canada for opportunity outside of britbongistan, meet each other in Toronto and become lovers,

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

MORE CANADIAN SHITPOSTERS

HOW MANY OF THEM ARE ON THIS BOARD???!!!

Why is there always a sapstory by a Canadian who whines about his problems?
>>
>>961988
It's hard not to become /r9k/ MRA when you've seen so much bullshit but I'm seriously trying. I don't ever want to get married though. Just going to focus on making the best of my situation and not falling into the victim mentality. I think thats what everyone should do.
>>
File: 1439084842844.png (15 KB, 421x320) Image search: [Google]
1439084842844.png
15 KB, 421x320
>another canadian lamenting his poor economic prospects

LMAO what the FUCK is going on up there?
>>
>>962001
my thoughts exactly >>961999

How fucking many of them is there? I've seriously seen at least 10 with pathetic wahhh baby stories in the last month.
>>
>>962001
Simple, lots of bright, ambitious immigrants from Europe moved here.
They had unsuccessful, lazy children, who then had slightly more ambitious children who complain about their unambitious parents on Mongolian basket-weaving websites
>>
>>961992
Bit of an oldfag actually, I'm 26 now and finally paid off my denbts. Just 2.5 more years until I can afford the down payment on a house.
>>
>>961992
>>962010
Fuck, didn't answer your question. I went into CompSci and got a shit IT job, then moved on to software engineering at a biiiiig corporation. They're tanking and we're entering a recession so I'm essentially playing layoff dodgeball until I learn more about the job. 1.5 years in I can finally maintain the build system, then I found out nobody uses our system but us. I'm looking at the standard business build system equivalents so I can transfer ours to meet compliance and learn a lot about the job at the same time but it's pretty hard to do when my day-to-day eats 80% of my time and apathy rears it's head because of a decade of hard work just to gain nothing of value.

I'm a white male in my 20s though, so that's pretty nice. Going to bang my ex's hot friend again this weekend. Can't really complain.
>>
>>961956
>>have me who is going to finish school $150K in debt

Btw isn't college in Canada subsidized? What the fuck are you studying to get into such debt? That's like Ivy league tier debt
>>
>>961988
>I respect the Japanese millenials for rejecting marriage en masse and forcing women to become useful again

They're losers who play videogames all day and masturbate to anime.

There's a reason Japan has like a negative birthrate and is completely dying out.
>>
>>962013
Law

$90K for law school and around 60K for uni
>>
>>962018
>all the japanese die
>plenty of room for white people to move in
all is well
>>
>>962023
hate to be the bearer of bad news but most white countries birthrates aren't much better
>>
>>962022
Which school? Didn't even know there was such expensives schools in Canada...

I thought fags kept jacking off about how cheap their tuition and healthcare was compared to the US?
>>
>>962028
Uni of Toronto

our healthcare system is alright, the UK has a much better one, but ours still works

I do appreciate not having to pay medical fees, but people really over-exaggerate how cheap tuition is, it was a lot cheaper about a decade ago.
>>
>>962018
>They're losers who play videogames all day and masturbate to anime.

Yeah, and I respect them for their sacrifice. I wish over half the people in my country were worthless losers, it would skyrocket my career.
>>
>>962028
housing costs are absurd in canada
>>
>>962036
they are actually really good.. in the country

if you work in Oil and Gas you are practically guaranteed good money, and if you will have to live in the countryside which also means cheap housing. Unfortunately I suck at Math too much to get into STEM
>>
>>962037
A friend of mine does NDT for Suncorp (I think). He was making $250k before oil crashed and had bought aa3 bedroom house for $750k. The housing prices are obscene there and now that oil is losing value their economy is suffering badly.
>>
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 606x598) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 606x598
RLY, Fuck this nigga: OP, stop confusing your money with your parents. Don't take on debt you can't afford and then act like it's their fault. You're a terrible son.
>>
File: My Face When.png (620 KB, 501x597) Image search: [Google]
My Face When.png
620 KB, 501x597
>>961956
>Father possessive schitzphrenic.
>Mother floozie with latex allergy.
>Father literally breaks up with mother, to go back home to new york, to go on a leash in a gimp suite for two gay men.
>Comes back, gets her pregnant, marries her.
>Has sister, has me.
>Father goes full-hog retard, puts head through wall 9 times trying to commit suicide, breaks toys, threatens.
>Divorce.
>Shitty childhood commences.
>Remember sleeping under counter of Cub Foods desk for a few nights because no baby sitter.
>Remember other kids teasing the fuck out of me. Literally Stoning Me.
>Christmases generally sucked.
>Go full on hardcore schitzo when 20.
>Haven't talked with dad in over a decade. Never will.
>Had urges to kill people due to jealousy because other kids in school were able to receive affirmation, I wasn't because my parents fought so much through me therefor I lost all respect.
>Spend 20's accomplishing crazy shit, not being paid a damn for it. Decide late 20's go to school.
>Literally stick with a company through bankruptcy, saving them about 400k a year repairing electronics. Comes out the other end, management wants to base the business off of my sorry ass as I'm the only one doing things right. This is a publicly traded pennystock corp.
>Another company I work for, I become the go-to guy for a department of like 15 helpdesk people because I know everything.
>>
>Get associates.
>Now a sysadmin.
>Got sysadmin in corporate office fired for being a dipshit.
>I got my bonus check on the same hour he got walked, half of which came out of the plant accountants bonus who happens to be, on paper, my boss.
>Boss calls me a hater's hater.
>Everyone else calls me Bobinator. We have nicknames at work. Guess why?
>I do bad things to stupid people, and I have no regrets, and no mercy. Period.
>Next problem: 31 year old 540 pound virgin. Lonely.
>2 weeks into exercise and diet, lost 5 pounds.
>Gonna be a while. Either I kill myself trying this time, or I do it.
>Might get lucky, some good lookin' girls sometimes hit on me despite the weight. Usually think they are gold-diggers, might give one a go tho and see if I can convert her.
>Throughout all of this, I've helped like a half dozen people off the streets into good jobs.
>Go back to school yearbook, use h4x0rz skills to check on statistically significant section of high school peers.
>Doing better than 95% of them. The ones I am not doing better than, did not start shit, and were generally cool people.

Life is what you make of it, not what you are given.
Decide on what you want; Choose the lie you want, not the lie you are given.
Determine what is irrelevant to your success and ignore it. Period.
Do these things, and you will achieve great things.

GL/HF with 150k in school debt.

Whatever you do, DO NOT settle for a lowball.
>>
>>962084
damnit anon. I thought this at least had a happy ending but the whole thing just leaves me depressed for you. fucking hell
>>
>>962084
>>Next problem: 31 year old 540 pound virgin. Lonely.
You're trolling, right?
>>
>>962093
The Bobinator never trolls... He just reloads
>>
>>962091
My life is about overcoming hardship; that story is not even an eighth of the shit I have gone through. I feel extremely privileged to have gone through what I have; it has made me wise, and now that I've found my confidence, I know that I will stand for it bar none. The day I die, my life will flash before my eyes, and I want it to be a show! Nearly a thousand people showed up to my Grandpa's funeral, I take after him, he was a marine in the Pacific theater of WW2. I do the things he always wanted to do. I hope to accomplish the same.
>>962093
Wish I were.
I can very, very easily afford a hooker if I wanted; jesus my bonus check was 9 grand, I could fly to vegas, get a 10k a night hooker in Vegas, and be inspired for the next decade if I wanted. Problem is, I'd rather die a virgin than go fuck around and produce another person that'd have even a fraction of the problems I have had. Additionally, I have no patience for capricious women. When I find someone, I want her to know she's special and that unconditional love has meaning. I have no memories of my parents ever hugging, kissing, saying I love you to each other, only fighting. The way I figure it, the most important thing you can know in a relationship is what not to do. You love and take care of someone, stick with them, none of that matters.
>>962117
God provides me with a target rich environment and watches my back, I provide people with the lessons they need to learn, and if they let me, I take away all the bullshit, confusion, the general insecurity they have, and fill them with what they need to be successful.

Some people take it. Most don't. Many just outright hate me.

It's an even trade as far as I can tell.
>>
>>962153
You actually, legitimately have some sort of mental instability/eating disorder if you are able to maintain your weight.

Nothing else you say is of value if it comes from the same mouth that devours the same amount of calories in a day as my family consumes in a week.

You will die sooner than you think, but it won't be a quick painless death if you're as upper middle class as you say. You'll rot in a hospital for months, drugged out of your mind, losing parts of your body, whilst people who 'love' you come to look at a degrading sack of flesh and fat that is perpetuating it's existence with the remainder of the spoils of it's self righteous crusade as a sysadmin. You know what else they call you, besides 'Bobinator'? The guy who weighs more than 3 people combined.

You know what'll be the difference between you and your Grandpa's funerals? They could fit all of him in one coffin.
>>
>>962186
You are irrelevant to my success.
Time to hop on the recumbent bike for 30 minutes.
>>
>>961976
>Where I live the average lawyer salary is $80-90K and lots of lawyer salaries hover into the 150K-220K range
Manhattan does not represent the legal field. The other poster is correct about lawyer wages.
>>
>>962084
Nice story op i hope you get on shape
>>
My sister got acclimated to just having minimum wage and she had much much support from my mom free money and emotional to make something of herself through college.
She never stuck with any college degrees to finish it.

She decided to really squander about 7 years since she graduated from high school and moved out to some White trailer trash ghetto poor neighborhood with of 30 year old loser who sells weed. She was fired from cheap job because she was getting too chummy with the pieces of trash there and the manager saw that she had potential so he fired her. Anyway she hung around some loser that she complains about domestic violence and married just because it on her mental quota.

Basically long story short my family dragged her out of the s*** hole gave her place in Tampa with my other sister, she proceeded to try to be the biggest slob ever and drive my sister crazy. So we kicked her out and she still refused to divorce that white piece of drug dealing trash and lives in the same area at the moment.

Sometimes no matter how much support you give somebody, how much money you can fund them for free them with they always find a way how to be a piece of s***
>>
>>
Bro that's nothing. My dad ha st he opportunity to become an architect and I'm not talking a shitty one either. I've seen his skills, he could have been one of the best. He works his butt off as a janitor in a hospital to raise enough money to go to architecture school. Finally saves up and goes to UIC. He's doing amazing in all his classes and he's getting all A's. In order to finish one of the required classes however, he has to draw a nude portrait of a woman. You guys know the ones I'm talking about. Because my dad is super religious and doesn't know what else to do, he drops out of school and buys a liquor store. Runs it pretty well until the floor collapsed and he sold it. Then he became a truck driver and got his own truck. Makes pretty good money but his truck gets totaled by some jack off driving a Chevy. Decided to just drive for someone else's truck. Now he gets paid roughly 500 a week give or take and e has to raise 6 kids and my mom, who had to have surgery a few years back. Both my parents are really smart but because they are so religious they don't want to try anything and end up failing anyways. I told my dad as soon as I graduate from undergrad in finance and I find a job, I want him to quit the shitty truck business and retire while I take care of everything. A part of me already knows even f I make millions he won't retire and it pisses me off. He had the chance to own a profitable concrete business my grandpa and his brother started in Jordan, but my uncle and his cousin fucked everything up.now we live in terrible debt because my dad tries to give us everything even when we tell him not to.
>>
>>963704
>super religious
>buys liquor store

Hmmmmmmm
>>
>>963705
Yeah he then sold the liqpur store and stayed out of that business for Good. Idk why he got into it, I guess he felt there was no other way but now he won't even let me work at the local grocery store like Tony's or shop n save because people might buy beer and is have to handle it. Now I work at a bank as a teller so I'm ok
>>
>>962082
pro.
you deserve the world, keep it up anon.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.