[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I take financial license exams?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: small loan.jpg (38 KB, 680x837) Image search: [Google]
small loan.jpg
38 KB, 680x837
>be me
>be 24 with biz degree, econ&psych minors
>had job with huge company to impress parents
>job was in inside sales, bitch work and bullshit
>save money
>quit, thinking i can day trade
>shit is hard as fuck and i dont have enough capital

does anyone have any experience with series 3, X, X, XX, X etc. certifications? I'm very sociable and think sales would be a great place for me, especially in financial instruments. I got tricked by the inside sales jew and found out that what i really wanted was "OUTSIDE" sales so as to deal more directly with customers.

my worry is that my degree is not in finance, and I have no experience, so i arrived at "get muh licenses" after a bit of googling.

thoughts?
>>
you need a FINRA registered firm to "sponsor" you to take the exams. they're for people who are already in and need it for regulatory reasons, not for people who are looking for break in.
>>
>>1239851
"The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) administers several professional certification examinations that do not require sponsorship; these include the series 3, 30, 31, 32, 33, 63 and 65 exams. In order to apply you must file Form U-10.

The Certified Financial Planner (CFP) exam, administered by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc., does not require sponsorship. Additionally, the CFA Institute does not require a sponsor for the Chartered Financial Advisor (CFA) program.

The Financial Risk Manager (FRM) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP) exams, administered by the Global Association of Risk Professionals, do not require sponsorship."

>http://www.investopedia.com/professionals/faqs/general/290304_1.asp
>>
>>1239856
A CFA charter won't mean anything unless your colleagues also hold that certification so you can measure dicks in the men's room. Also, you have to be sponsored by a FINRA registered firm. I don't care what you read on the internet, try to sign up by yourself and see what happens.
>>
>>1239847
shoulda bought and held KNPD.....
>>
>get a loan of 60k
Thatd immediatly be -60k
>>
>>1240064
the logic is the same whether it's $60k or $1MM
>>
With the interest over the term of just the student loan, wouldn't it be closer to -$140,000? (Assuming the liberal arts graduate is a coffee shop barista, and the degree was completely worthless.)
>>
>>1239955
>Also, you have to be sponsored by a FINRA registered firm.

Really. That's news to me.
>>
>>1239955
Lolwut. You don't know shit. Stop talking out of your ass.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.