[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question for Property fags. I have 2 investment opportunities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Pete.jpg (163 KB, 550x978) Image search: [Google]
Pete.jpg
163 KB, 550x978
Question for Property fags.

I have 2 investment opportunities I need to make a decision on which I cannot leverage myself for both.

I have an opportunity to buy an investment property in Australia or several properties in beachside Philippines. Both are income producing and return about 8%.

With the talk of a property bubble in Australia it cools me on investing there especially with negative gearing maybe going, but the Philippines I just don't know if there's the stability or growth in future to warrant further thought.

Anybody experienced with international property who may be able to offer some thoughts?

Have a free laugh at Pete as thanks
>>
>>1235840
International real estate in a country like that is a bit iffy - I'd be mindful that if you dont know people worth knowing over there - you may open yourself up to be exploited.

I'm in Aus and I want to buy a place; but the reading I'm doing about our bubble frustrates me. I know there's one and I can see why we have one - but when the fuck is this cunt of a thing going to pop?

Nothing would sting more than buying a place only to have it crash and while I'd likely live there for a good whack of time - it'd be a limiting factor when it comes to getting a second place as a money making venture.

I know this is a Mongolian basket weaving forum but I'm interested to hear your thoughts on when our housing market will pop.
>>
>>1236074
In all honesty I don't think it will.
I think we will see a stagnation, not a crash. And viewing it through that lens it will make Melbourne and Sydney adjust to levels of the rest of the country.
Any government in charge if the property market crashed in this country without exaggeration would be lined up and shot. There's literally be blood if it happened as the entire countries economy is geared around land now.
I just don't see how it would happen unless by external global factors.
Yes we are a carrier economy, yes we are in the same situation Iceland, Ireland, the USA were in before the GFC, but I don't see any possibility of anything internally disrupting the market.
No Growth is is the biggest risk I feel, a level of stagnation where you are entangled with the asset to such a degree you can not liquidate it quickly if a better opportunity comes along is a real concern.
Owner occupiers will be fine. IF a crash ever did occur you value would deflate just the same as everyone else's so the impact isn't as harsh.
That's my thoughts on the matter.

As for overseas I have a business partner I deal with there I trust but again I don't know much about the growth outlook for Philippines.
>>
>>1236089
>but I don't see any possibility of anything internally disrupting the market.
If people realise that borrowing 80x their annual income for a piece of shit isn't worth the risk it may disrupt the market. Given the rapidly diverging house-price to income I would say this point will come some time in the next 20 years. Hopefully soon.
>>
There's no property bubble tangibles are safe stocks and bonds to the moon
>>
>>1236098
Actually to complete your post if people realise there are better growth vehicles out there than over leveraged properties that return 3% sure that may disrupt the market. But interest rates just went even further down last month, so until they rise and cheap money is out their to loan there'll be no short term end in site.

The time to buy seriously in Australia is when interest rates go up in succession a few times. All these people with 10 homes leveraged to the point they can't breathe, will have to jettison properties quick smart from their portfolios.
If banks get a whiff of a crisis they make over leveraged people sell the best income producing properties first. Banks aren't in the business of foreclosing on dogshit so they pick the eyes out of your portfolio if things look shakey.
This is something alot of Aussie have forgotten.
>>
>>1236111
Yeah. I wouldn't want to be buying now though anyway because:
Population growth, while higher than other developed countries [cheers india, china], is nowhere near the 10% or so the cities are going up at per year -> demand seems artificial
Incomes and rents have fallen way behind house prices
Plus I read somewhere that some bank calculated shit would hit the fan at about 8.5% unemployment. If true that's extremely worrying.

Frankly it seems everyone is just leveraging to the hilt under the belief there will always be a greater fool tomorrow.
>>
>>1236123
This is probably of interest to you.

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/2016/05/02/4451883.htm
>>
>>1235840
Cant you find someone else to fund one deal and just syndicate it for a cut?
>>
>>1236123
Does australia have mobile home parks?
>>
>>1236143
Sort of. The ones I know of aren't much cheaper than renting a house though since they know that's your only other option.
>>
>>1236128
Deebly relevant to my interests. Ty.
>>
>>1236128
Jesus christ we're totally fucked.
>>
I invest in RE and I wouldn't invest in either one. AUS is overvalued and Philippines is risky because of shadiness. I.e. They'll give you fake rental numbers, not disclose flaws, things like this

Beware.
>>
>>1235840
I own a place in Indonesia, it's a bit stressful, but I wouldn't trade it in. The Phillipines seem like a pretty happening place from what I've heard, the people are pretty outward facing and are sending a lot of money home. Between that and the tax laws, I'd expect a growth market there more than AUS.

Wise man say: better to get out of bubble a year too early than a month too late.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.