[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is economics a viable degree? I mainly want a degree that can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1459389785103.jpg (95 KB, 458x581) Image search: [Google]
1459389785103.jpg
95 KB, 458x581
Is economics a viable degree? I mainly want a degree that can get me access to lended to capital so I can buy a business or to build some apartments.

I'm also not sure where I want to go to school. I did a year and a half at community college, but that was just because I wasn't sure what I wanted to study.

I got a 29 on my ACT so I can get into most decent schools. Right now looking at Michigan State, because I'm from the south and I'd like a change of scenery, and I think it's a decent school and I could fit in well up there.
>>
>>1235374
It's a viable degree, but to get anywhere with it you're going to need to show initiative.

It's not always a natural fit for finance, so if you're looking to go that route consider the more traditional finance and accounting degrees.

If you just want a job so you can save toward starting your own business, economics is fine.

What do you want your degree to do for you?
>>
>>1235379
My end goal in life is to own an apartment complex with hopefully 50-200 units, which would require from my loose calculations anywhere from 2-20 million dollars invested. I basically want a degree that I can show to investors that says "this guy isn't a retard and can be trusted with large sums of money".

I know I'd hate accounting, but I love business and entrepreneurship. I'd like a consulting job as a stepping stone to owning my own business/real estate.

Currently working in sales and I'd say I'm pretty proficient, but I'd like to get a better feel for how businesses are run at the levels of senior management and how things get put together and decided day to day.
>>
>>1235382

I know a guy who did an econ degree and is now working as a business analyst, so I'd say it's definitely viable. I don't know how old you are but getting work while you're studying is definitely a plus as well.
>>
>>1235430
Yea I'm 20 and dont even talk to my parents so not working is not an option
>>
>>
>>1235374
> 29
> No degree
> Half a year of community college
A degree of economics won't get you into any money, sorry.
>>
>>1236380
It will get him makimg atleast 65k. Dont be an asshole
>>
>>1236380
I'm 20, my ACT score was 29.. reading comprehension?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.