[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any good book recommendations about finance, economics, managment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: quality.jpg (7 KB, 169x225) Image search: [Google]
quality.jpg
7 KB, 169x225
Any good book recommendations about finance, economics, managment or so ?
>>
>>1235371
what exactly are you interested in?
>>
>>1236066
the concepts and principles to economics, administration... i'm a beginner
>>
File: 1423631052715.jpg (874 KB, 1345x1450) Image search: [Google]
1423631052715.jpg
874 KB, 1345x1450
>>1236184
Okay, start with macroeconomics. It teaches how economy works in a country and relationship between other countries. You could also check microeconomics a bit, but it's more mathematically oriented and might be boring for you.

Anyway, people recommend Macroeconomics by Mankiw, whichever edition you can get your hands on, but obviously the latest edition is the best. Personally, I had Samuelson & Nordhaus Macroeconomics and it explained things in a very simple way.

Then you might want to get into Corporate Finance to learn how firms make their investment decision - again, there is no "the best" textbook, just google it up and see which one is recommended the most. Accounting principles is next, but unless you want to have a career in finance or accounting you can skip it - it teaches how accountants register invoices etc..

I recommend you start with macroeconomics and see if it interests you, since it's something that affects you the most.

Pic related is /biz/ recommended literature, but you can skip a few by reading that macro I've posted. The rest is just a bit of technical stuff you won't really understand until you have the basics down (Security analysis etc.) and behavioral psychology (How to win friends...).

And skip management and any variation like organizational behavior since it's shit and you will just be wasting your time.
>>
>>1235371
KNPD: Investing with Value
>>
>>1236305
Apropos: Samuelson & Nordhaus's book is called Economics, not Macroeconomics and it actually includes both Micro and Macroeconomics. The second half is macro orientated.

Don't know what I was thinking.
>>
>>1236305
woaah thank you! also.. do you have any book recommendation website you like?
>>
>>1236490
if I follow any particular websites? Maybe personal finance on reddit every now and then, the economist, bloomberg and a few local bloggers.
>>
>>1236501
oh no, just in general about anything but i'll check them out! Any good web guide. Do you have a favorite?
>>
>>1236515
What do you mean by web guide?
>>
File: must-read list.png (2 MB, 968x1466) Image search: [Google]
must-read list.png
2 MB, 968x1466
>>1235371
>>1236184

Anyway, I've compiled my own version of /biz/ recommended literature. It doesn't shove so much theory down your throat as others - mostly just behavioral shit, 2 econometrics books if you're really interested, but mostly just politics in relation to economics. All of it is interesting nonetheless.

Why Nations Fail: The Origins of Power, Prosperity, and Poverty by Daron Acemoglu and James Robinson
The Economic Institutions of Capitalism by Oliver E. Williamson
Mastering 'Metrics: The Path from Cause to Effect by Joshua Angrist and Jörn-Steffen Pischke
The Wealth and Poverty of Nations: Why Some Are So Rich and Some So Poor by David S. Landes
The Tyranny of Experts: Economists, Dictators, and the Forgotten Rights of the Poor by William Easterly
Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies by Jared M. Diamond
Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
The Moral Animal: Why We Are, the Way We Are: The New Science of Evolutionary Psychology by Robert Wright
The Assumptions Economists Make by Jonathan Schlefer
The Undercover Economist by Tim Harford
The Logic of Life: The Rational Economics of an Irrational World by Tim Harford
Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner
SuperFreakonomics: Global Cooling, Patriotic Prostitutes, and Why Suicide Bombers Should Buy Life Insurance by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner
>>
>>1236737
continued

Think Like a Freak: The Authors of Freakonomics Offer to Retrain Your Brain by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner
The Signal and the Noise: Why So Many Predictions Fail--but Some Don't by Nate Silver
Naked Economics: Undressing the Dismal Science (Fully Revised and Updated) by Charles Wheelan and Burton G. Malkiel
Naked Statistics: Stripping the Dread from the Data by Charles Wheelan and Jonathan Davis
Debunking Economics: The Naked Emperor of the Social Sciences by Steve Keen
Outliers: The Story of Success by Home Comforts
13 Bankers: The Wall Street Takeover and the Next Financial Meltdown by Simon Johnson and James Kwak
Seven Bad Ideas: How Mainstream Economists Have Damaged America and the World by Jeff Madrick
Misbehaving: The Making of Behavioral Economics by Richard H. Thaler and L. J. Ganser
Mostly Harmless Econometrics: An Empiricist's Companion by Joshua D. Angrist and Jörn-Steffen Pischke
Manias, Panics and Crashes: A History of Financial Crises, Sixth Edition by Robert Z. Aliber and Charles P. Kindleberger

OC right here
>>
>>1236737
not bad
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-01-14-12-17.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-01-14-12-17.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>1235371
Go on education board
>>1236737
This is good Im going to post this up
>>
>>1236743
Alright, sweet.
>>
>>1236737
>Why Nations Fail
I stumbled on this book somehow in high school and it changed my life. Not that it had some kind of special meaning, but it made me realize I should get rich since everyone else has/had it so fucking horrible. Very good book and easy to read.
>>
>>1236753
Yeah, it was a good read. It kinda gets repetitive after a hundred pages or so, they could have easily shorted it by a hundred pages by stringing examples together and describing inclusive and extractive institutions in one go instead of describing the same thing over half a chapter in every chapter.

Would still read it though. 'tis a good book.
>>
>>1236760
Yeah now that you mention it I remember it felt like an essay trying to meet the page requirement. If I wasn't a history buff, probably would've dropped it after a hundred pages.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.