[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finding a Niche
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: niche.png (5 KB, 220x229) Image search: [Google]
niche.png
5 KB, 220x229
How do I do it /biz/? How do I find a niche product that people in Florida don't already get? We're overflowing with drugs and prostitutes so sucking dick isn't an option. I need to find a good product to peddle. I don't want to be told any "good products", tips on how to find one is preferred.
>>
>bump
>>
Have you tried asking a public board for easy ways to make money?
>>
OK OP,

Think of your target audience.
You are thinking Florida, so you have Boomers, Rednecks, and Mexicans.

You need a product that appeals to Boomers, so think excess, think something that makes them feel young, something they really don't need but will squander their money on anyways. This is your easiest target.

With Rednecks, you need to think "'Murica", think mud bogging, think Flag Waving, think oversized tires on a fuel guzzling pickup. This is hard, because what will catch on here will be related to guns and swamp buggies, high cost to get into.

With Mexicans, they have the opposite problem, they are packed too many people in a small house, too many people in a small car, etc. This is your hardest target, as they work too hard for their money to squander it on bullshit.

a niche product is usually something that catches on with your target audience and spreads by word of mouth and savvy marketing. So focus on Boomers, and maybe just maybe you will find success.
>>
File: md_1594263[1].jpg (222 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
md_1594263[1].jpg
222 KB, 600x399
>>1228534
>focus on Boomers
case in point: somebody opened a Tommy Bahama combination store, restaurant and bar in Sarasota, FL and it's like a goddamn goldmine. Boomers are addicted to that shit, like a fucking Boomer crack house, motherfuckers spending money out-of-control on tacky clothes and shit-tier pub grub.
>>
>>1228534

Good advice. How do you draw the line at niche and too niche?
>>
File: thumb_600[1].jpg (80 KB, 590x590) Image search: [Google]
thumb_600[1].jpg
80 KB, 590x590
1. hire some Mexicans or Cubans (same difference) and dress them up in Hawaiian shirts and bermuda swim trunks.
2. cook up fish tacos
3. blast Pandora Boomer playlist
4. serve lots of watered-down top shelf booze and wines
5. profit
>>
>>1228553

>implying I have that much capital
I'm just a student.
>>
>>1228546
That's what I'm talking about. Tommy Bahama furniture and clothing. Overpriced bullshit they don't need but will squander their money on anyways.

>>1228547
I don't know.

Boomers do love anything called "luxury" or "designer" though. what about high end leather sandals and casual shoes? something that can be made for $1 and sold for $80.

They love high end kitchen wares as well. Look how many $380 mixers Kitchen Aid has sold.

Nice Tumbler sets like Tervis Tumbler makes are catching on. Maybe try to get on that train.
>>
>>1228547
1. A vintage vinyl record and poster store thrives here in Orlando
2. A 1950s retro scandinavian furniture antique shop is successful
I think the problem arises when vendors are tempted not to be niche enough. I see too many businesses make the mistake of wandering outside of the niche and consequently turning into a mini flea market, e.g., the electronics store which suddenly decided it would be a good idea to sell sunglasses, perfumes and luggage.
>>
>>1228553
this is a recipe for success in any city.
>>
>>1228555
>triple nickels
>checked
improvise: do it in a food truck or out of a tiny shack on the side of a high traffic area. For marketing, have a graffiti art competition on the side of your building and get some local paint shop to sponsor free spray paint. Call the local paper to write about it and promote it for free. Look for other cheap guerilla marketing ideas online
>>
>>1228576

You're really overestimating the amount of Capital I have. Food trucks aren't cheap, and there's no where I could set up a shack and not get the police after me faster than a Civil Rights activist in the 60's.
>>
>>1228555
>Rocket City Retro Furniture & Design Antiques & Vintage Furniture Store in Cocoa Beach
Florida is full of old people who die everyday and leave behind a home full of wood furniture and other treasures. There's a category of furniture made in the 1950s-1970s called MCM (Mid-Century Modern). If you research estate sales, garage sales, and liquidation sales, you can find leads on how to buy this stuff cheap. Then you mark it up and sell it for top dollar out of your home or your garage, advertising on social media and CraigsList. You can make even more money by partnering up with somebody who can restore damaged furniture, rewire old lighting, and reupholster sofas and chairs. You pay them a percentage of the profit when the item sells.
>>
>>1228589
Many years ago, I had a ticket booth in Orlando on I-drive, which is the prime tourist strip. I couldn't afford to rent my own place, so I went around to all of the little shops and offered to rent just a tiny counter space inside of their shops. I ended up opening several ticket booths that way: one inside a luggage shop, one inside a small grocery, and one inside a dunkin donuts. My friend saw what I was doing and he opened up a Harley Davidson rental out of the same luggage shop using two motorcycles and a laptop computer.
>>
>>1228591
>niture & Design Antiques & Vintage Furniture Store in Cocoa Beach
>Florida is full of old people who die everyday and leave behind a home full of wood furniture and other treasures. There's a category of furniture made in the 1950s-1970s called MCM (Mid-Century Modern). If you research estate sales, garage sales, and liquidation sales, you can find leads on how to buy this stuff cheap. Then you mark it up and sell it for top dollar out of your home or your garage, advertising on social media and CraigsList. You can make even more money by partnering up

Good idea.
>>
Get someone to invent something that can peel an orange or at least separate pulp and peel from meat, and sell it.
Florida loves oranges
You're so very welcome
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.