[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is forex a meme? With $100,000 of capital, what kind of returns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: bigstock-Forex-75203374.jpg (2 MB, 5286x3886) Image search: [Google]
bigstock-Forex-75203374.jpg
2 MB, 5286x3886
Is forex a meme?

With $100,000 of capital, what kind of returns could I expect to see if I studied trading for a year or two?
>>
Statistically, virtually everyone loses money with Forex

It is an investing vehicle that individuals with low capital and knowledge, are at such a significant disadvantage, that it would almost appear rigged to an observer

Expect to lose around 10% your first 60 days
>>
You're thinking about it the wrong way.

It's one of those situations where it isn't the spoon that bends.

Practice for two years, and whatever returns you're capable of at that point is what you can expect to see, kinda.

ForEx is very headline driven and most of the giant moves are nearly instantaneous and totally unforeseeable. See the recent bank of japan shenanigans for example.

Think of it like working on commission. You can't precisely predict what next month's paycheck will be but if you're good at what you're doing then it should be enough to live on.

Start practicing today.
>>
>>1226055
forex is a meme

your expected returns are negative
>>
With stocks, your success depends solely on the countless other humans trading your stock.
With forex, your success depends solely on faceless international banks.
>>
YES. It is a very big meme.

You will get assfucked. Hard. I've known plenty of "smart" people with degrees from really good schools who have tried their hands at forex trading. None succeeded in the long run.
>>
>>1226055
It is the only true zero sum, at least with stocks you have SOME chance to tell the direction. Forex is such leverage based little hobby dictated by piis third number divided by somalias shoreline during the fullmoon. Some seem to make it work, 90% wont.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.