[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any idea how a neet with social anxiety could earn some money?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: 1459002425542.jpg (73 KB, 580x393) Image search: [Google]
1459002425542.jpg
73 KB, 580x393
Any idea how a neet with social anxiety could earn some money? I must fucking kill myself if I can't get some money to move out.
>>
>>1177056
I've been in this boat for a number of years and I eventually got a high paying job that paid six figures. But it took me years studying arcane bullshit to pull this off and even then it was mostly a fluke... I don't recommend this life style to anyone. If you can -- please do everything you can to try change your personality by going out of your comfort zone before your health declines to the point where that's no longer possible. It only gets worse the longer you stay like this and being a normie puts life on easy mode.
>>
>>1177056
I earn a living from some web app bullshit, but now I have the money to move out I'm too scared to.

Don't think money gonna cure your anxiety. I still feel killing myself is probably how it's going to end. Change yourself if you can as this guys says >>1177057
>>
If you've got good computing skills then I'm pretty sure there's loads of opportunities to get loads of money without interacting with people too much
>>
>>1177056
I've had some social anxiety, still have trouble with public speaking.
the problem I had was that I feared it would never go away.
Just fucking force yourself to do social shit, baby steps tho. You'll notice a difference very quick.
Social anxiety isn't a sickness, it's just fear.

But if you want to a lesser version of yourself your entire life, I would advice just becoming a codemonkey. Start with learning web develepment/design or real programming ( c, c++, python)
>>
>>1177057
there's no way to become a normie

unless you became a millonaire so you are able to get away with anything + get plastic surgery to improve your looks so you feel like a god
>>
>>1177056
become a landlord

flipping houses are either diy yourself
or you hire a team and you check in on them from time to time.

everytime you have to go and inspect the ground, I think once a year. You have to notify the tenants.

that is if you are a good landlord you shouldn't be seeing or hearing from you tenants too often.

if you are a shitty one, either they wont talk to you at all, or will call you all the time to bitch.
>>
>>1177161
>I'm pretty sure there's loads of opportunities to get loads of money without interacting with people too much

please list them
>>
>>1177056
>>1177195
Not that anon but here, I thought of a few ways granted they require some type of skill and not always a background degree to do said job. Coming from another fellow social autist.

High risk, lots of work, potential big pay off
>Self publishing E-Books
>Develop and monetize websites with adsense
>Pick up a programming language and develop an phone app or computer game then market it on the various platforms available
>Freelance graphic artist/sell your art work on the various websites available from prints, commissions, to resource

Medium risk, decent pay out.
>Stocks, but of course you'll need money to do this.
>Landlord, see above.
>Photographer, sell your photos.
>Security guard.
>Handyman Painting, just paint rooms.
>Pizza Delivery, this can be good or bad depending on what company you work for. Some will pay most your gas cost, and you could make a load of money from tips if you're in an active county.

Low risk, low pay out
>Data Entry.
>Dishwasher.
>Custodian.
>Night-Stocker.
>Factory worker.
>Graveyard shift hotel clerk.

I am a dishwasher, and am trying to learn GML to hit up that application/game design bit on m free-time.
>>
>>1177178
most normies are ugly and all you need are like 2 or 3 friends to be set for life with jobs and favors.

>>1177056
become a pirate
>>
>>1177057

What job do you work that pays six figures and what "arcane bullshit" did you study to pull it off?
>>
>>1177056

adapt.

It's the struggle every man goes through. You aren't the first, and you won't be the last.
>>
>>1177188
Need a lot of $ to get into that though.
>>
look into nootropics OP and start self-medicating
there are a lot of successful alcoholics and drug users, but you don't have the luxury to abuse recreational drugs at your low (or zero) income level.
>>
Overnight janitor. Minimal contact with humans and usually the boss isn't even around to tell you what to do
>>
>>1177056
I'm in a similar boat
26 year old friendless virgin with anxiety that has only gotten worse over the years. No amount of exposure therapy, drugs, or just bein myself has helped. I've worked a number of jobs and was fired or quit from all of them after it kicks in. I'd rather be dead than work in another factory, the normals that tell you it doesn't require much socializing are full of shit.

Put half my savings into crypto a few weeks ago and although I have made some profit, its not enough to change the game. Already bought a gun, at least.
>>
>>1177261
>stocks
>medium risk

you're a moron
>>
>>1177056
get out of your comfort zone and deal with your anxiety. you will never progress until you do
>>
>>1177056
Why not learn how to overcome social anxiety? Let's think about this logically. Do you think you're the only person who has suffered from social anxiety? Of course not. Of those people who have suffered do you think any of them have ever overcome it? Of course they have. It's simple mathematics. You must not think you're one of the ones who can overcome it - buy why? Asking yourself these logical questions is the first part of the healing process. I recommend getting some professional help.
>>
>>1178378
Anon I'll be your friend and email you every day

email me at [email protected]
>>
>>1177056
>social anxiety
is that some new trend of using this desensitised newspeak instead of calling oneself "shy"?
Why are you doing this? Are you trying to make yourself feel better about your timid nature or there are gaps in your vocabulary?
>>
>>1179424
being shy =/= being terrified at the thought of social interaction to the point of shaking and stuttering like a retard
>>
>>1179424
what a fucking useless post.

Shitting on people in the gutter really makes you feel good about yourself, eh?
>>
Oh fuck that picture man
>>
>>1179450
thats what shy used to mean though.
>>1179453
>asking why someone would hurt themselves
>shitting on them
calm down autist, whether or not it works for everyone tough love gets plenty of people out of the "gutter"
>>
>>1177056
I was in the same boat.

Finished university, applied for jobs, got job offers, decided i'd rather be dead than suffer through that anxiety for my life.

Started doing game dev as a hobby while being NEET. Am now filthy rich due to a game of mine going viral.
>>
>>1177174
You really dont know what you're talking about.

What you experienced is completely normal.

Some examples of serious social anxiety;
>you don't leave your house because you're afraid you might bump into someone you know and embarass yourself
>you don't go to the shops because interacting with people at the checkout is a nightmare
>you are extremely aware of your social in-competencies
>every time you decide to be incredibly brave, it backfires and you find yourself in an awkward social situation, with people treating you like you are disabled or laughing at you.
>downward fucking spiral.

You have absolutely no fucking idea.
>>
>>1179517
Thats some self defeatist bullshit.

Do you socially interact with the people you live with?

Your fear is cyclical. Be more active and youll feel less shame.
>>
>>1179513
>>1179517
I'm a NEET king as well anon and have never liked the idea of relying on people for anything

I know those anxiety feels, but the other anons are right that if you make an effort to talk to people, it becomes easier. sure, you'll feel socially retarded quite a bit and maybe you'll never be "one of them", but you should try making a serious effort
>>
>>1179517
you sound like a damn hoe
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.