[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the point in investing if you're not rich /biz/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 500x484
A 1000% ROI is still worth several times more on a rich guy's portfolio than a poorfag's...

>tfw bought 1 google share several years ago
>only worth a few hundred dollars now
>>
>>1174134
I make 110k salary, I try to save and invest 3-4k per month.

I'm not rich but it builds up.

Buying one share of anything years ago isn't investing.. you need to 1.) get a job and 2.) save+invest 10-50% of your income every month.
>>
>>1174146
Sounds good.

Not OP but I wonder if I should start investing my income too. I am 19 and live in my own apartment and everything is ok money wise without me working at the moment. I will soon start delivering pizza and will earn 670-1000 more per month and thought about trading with it instead of saving it in the bank. I already made over 300$ profit from cryptocoins and around 100$ from EUR/USD (I know it is not much money but I simply haven't had that much to start with).

Also I'm not from the US so living alone is no financial ruin.
>>
>>1174134
It all depends what you want out of it. If you could quickly become rich with the stock market (without taking wild risks) everyone would be doing it.

Most people have to sell their labor to survive and grow.
>>
>>1174134

It's a stacked deck.
>>
I'd say that there's more of a point to investing if you're poor rather than rich.

Someone who is worth a lot may not need that extra boost, but the poorer you are, the more you'll need that extra money.
>>
>Why am I not getting rich off 1 share!!!

What the fuck did you expect?

Fucking frogposters man
>>
>>1174134
So you have a few hundred more than you did when you started and this is bad how?

Also, buying one share of something years ago is not "investing." Investing is a process not a one-time event
>>
>>1174153

Save most of your money. I wish someone had told me that at 19.

Take that money and make smart investments.
>>
Reminder: The best investment you can make is an investment in yourself.
>>
>>1174197
How much did you lose?
>>
>>1174158
You can become quickly rich with the market, stupid people like us on biz couldn't do it. Even the educated on /biz/ are pretty stupid for the most part.
>>
>>1174153
Whoa bro, are you forex trading? I'd be very careful.
>>
>>1174607
Of course you can become rich off the market, but even the most educated people can't predict the future. Hedge funds that are staffed by the best and brightest don't generate triple digit growth in a year. People get rich quick with the market by speculating, some people are better equipped to make good bets.
>>
>>1174569
Ok, I'll see how much i can save per month when I start working

>>1174609
Only a few times with "real" money, most of the time I only train with virtual money.
>>
>>1174675
don't trade forex
>>
>>1174146
>>1174569
>Save
Something a lot of people don't fucking do. They belly ache about money but never learned or ignore the biggest step to keeping money and making money. Saving.
>>
>>1174134
>what is OPM

'business & finance board'
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.