[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It is eerie if you think of it just how much the cryptocurrency
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: altcoins.png (513 KB, 909x548) Image search: [Google]
altcoins.png
513 KB, 909x548
It is eerie if you think of it just how much the cryptocurrency movement has mirrored the rise of personal computers and the internet.

Bitcoin was IBM
Litecoin was Xerox
Ethereum was Microsoft
Lisk is Apple

I am pretty sure we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen.
>>
>>1163692
>that subtle Lisk shilling

Also, Litecoin is not Xerox, it is literal Bitcoin clone, so its usability is 0.

Also, Lisk is a shittier Ethereum clone, so is pretty much shit.

From current coins, only Bitcoin and Ethereum actually have some chance.
>>
>>1163692
>wealthy elite
I just watched the big short. I have this dream that the dollar is gonna crash hard along with the euro and everything else, and the cryptocurrencies will shoot up like crazy. Is this a pipe dream?
>>
>>1163696
Ethereum doesn't seem like it will fly. It's jumps to through many hoops to accomplish what cloud services like Amazon do, it's like that shitty distributed social network (Diaspora I think its called) vs Facebook/twitter, and people always go the path of least resistance. Not to mention it feels wasteful to spend computer processing to mine currency so it can be used just to buy more computing power?

Crypto will only take off when a nation state rolls out its own, though bitcoin will probably stick around for a good while because of black markets.
>>
>>1163698
>Is this a pipe dream?
Yes. If the dollar collapses then people will be buying resources instead of internet coins.

I think there might be a bit of money in gaming coins and projects like Ethereum, MaidSafe and Monero but nothing like the computer industry. This stuff is too complicated for normies to understand. Have you tried explaining how Bitcoin works to your parents or friends?

Besides, secure and private transactions don't matter to normal people, nobody really cares about the tech behind these coins but if you're able to somehow pass it off as a "magic" product they need to have and use then you'll find a lot of success. Like if there was something as simple as hitting "Like" or "Send X or Y coin" to tip content creators on Youtube or Twitter as an example, and then you could buy music or games with your "likes," that tech would have a chance of being taken up. Remember that the computing industry itself didn't take off until regular people could understand it and realized they had a use for it, before that it was just nerds, hobbyists and data companies (kind of like the crypto market now in a way).
>>
>>1163699
ethereum will be shifting to POS (proof of stake) which will do away with the "mining" going on currently. It's an interesting system I wish I could explain more
>>
>>1163696
>comparing something to apple is a compliment

yeah sure
>>
>>1163696
this

btc is crypto gold. it was the 1st and will remain the most valuable unless it fails completely. it is the ONLY crypo actually being used for anything meaningful today.

eth is a meme but it's established itself as #2 so it'll hold speculative value so long as the governance of btc remains fucked. muh dapps will have some use cases but people thinking everything is going to be a dapp are fucking retarded. dapps are horribly inefficient vs centralized services and most companies would prefer to retain complete control over their service unless that service requires decentralization (see: is illegal)

every other """""crypto""""" is a complete waste of time and people buying them deserve to go broke.
>>
>>1163711
you dont see the potential of decentralized dapps.. gambling, betting, games, are basics... shit like ebay, craigslist. everything suddenly becomes peer to peer
>>
>>1163711
>most companies would prefer to retain complete control over their service unless that service requires decentralization (see: is illegal)

Individual users like to keep control of their assets as well. Cryptocurrency, and especially Ethereum give users the opportunity to set up self-executing conditions under which the money can be spent. Middleman are expensive as well, and the very existence of decentralized smart contracts platforms at the very least will cause them to compete harder to justify their existence, since now they are no longer necessary, especially when talking about digital products.
>>
>>1163692

So what is TRUMP... Berkshire Hathaway?
>>
File: lelaughingelf.png (49 KB, 261x212) Image search: [Google]
lelaughingelf.png
49 KB, 261x212
>>1163692
>think of it just how much the cryptocurrency movement has mirrored the rise of personal computers and the internet
can we keep the shilling on one thread
>>
>>1163703
>This stuff is too complicated for normies to understand. Have you tried explaining how Bitcoin works to your parents or friends?

the internet is too complicated for normies to understand . have you tried explaining tcp/ip to your parents or friends?
>>
>>1163857
oh. and by the way Facebook will never catch on, because of this.
>>
>average gains below millions
>the new elite
>>
>>1163707
Only the second largest company by profit. Yeah, who'd wanna be like them?

>You're an edge-lord.
>>
>>1163857
>>1163871
>reading comprehension
Facebook is easy for people to understand; you log in, press the like button and then press the x when you're done.

TCP/IP is hidden from normies, it's something they never encounter. This is my point, if there was a coin that came along that hid all the technical shit from people, it would do rather well.
>>
I'm going to invest all the money i can into ETH, monero, maidsafe, other coins that i think will be good and also dick around on robinhood and try to get good

why? because despite how others feel about the future of cryptocoins, it's the only real chance i have at cashing out big and quitting my job.

I working on starting my own business as a drone pilot but thats a ways off.
>>
>>1163913
>if there was a coin that came along that hid all the technical shit from people, it would do rather well.
ie. What people build on Ethereum.
>>
>>1163731
Decentralized ebay with no ability to do a chargeback or dispute resolution on case of fraud? Nope. Will never ever work.
>>
File: 1442058746872-pol.gif (874 KB, 197x162) Image search: [Google]
1442058746872-pol.gif
874 KB, 197x162
>>1163692
>Lisk apple
>>
>>1163913
blockchain will be hidden when it is integrated into major payment networks. nothing knew needs to be made apart from the apps. just like tcp ip was a backbone so is blockchain. they are literally both protocols
>>
>>1163692
Wtf is that kikecoin? Shilling just got a new meaning
>>
all the altcoins are going nowhere
BTC is the real thing
>>
>>1164010
Pretty much this. Banks will all be running on blockchain tech one day because it makes sense. Interbank transfers are slow and costly because banks all have seperate ledgers which they need to balance daily. Having one ledger will make 3 day verifications turn into 3 minute verifications. This is why banks are looking at this as a consortium. They need every other major bank to use the same blockchain and same ledger and this will set the standard in the industry. It will have to be a private semi-centralized blockchain with nodes running at global bank servers because it needs to be able to scale well enough that it can handle trillions of dollars in transactions a day similar to fedwire. For this reason, any crypto that exists today will not serve this purpose. It will have to be custom designed.
>>
>>1164023
>Having one ledger will make 3 day verifications turn into 3 minute verifications
Kek, no it wont, interbank transfers are already instant. Bank making someone wait 3 days just means they want you to pay for some fast transfer service/or upgrade your account or something
>>
>>1164030
Wrong. 10000% wrong. Of course the actual digital transaction is instant. The reason it takes so long to verify, however is that banks don't trust each other. Transactions are underpinned by clearing houses that have to authorize end-of-day transfers. Less trust is given to, lets say Nigerian Bank of the Hills who might have lenient security protocols, than if you were to send money from BofA to WF, which clears by end of day. Because every bank runs on seperate ledgers, they are on the hook if those ledgers dont align by the end of the day. This is why interbank transfers are actually instant and reconciled in real time. They arent trying to dick you around, just cover their ass.
>>
>>1164042
>This is why interbank transfers are actually instant and reconciled in real time
Intrabank*
>>
File: 1458657278844.png (147 KB, 317x350) Image search: [Google]
1458657278844.png
147 KB, 317x350
>>1163706
Nigga so is it gonna go up or nah cause i bought in like a cuck at 15 and im dieing on the inside

i fully blame kraken for taking a month to verify me and i blame canada for taking 3-4 business days to allow me to use my money
>>
when were u when March 27 Altcoin crash?

I was sat at home on polonext when vitalik ring

"all altcoins are kill"

"no"
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.