[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/biz/ has no community
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 4
File: 1458741718085.png (171 KB, 523x346) Image search: [Google]
1458741718085.png
171 KB, 523x346
When this board was made people noted that it would never go beyond shitposting, and its true so far. People dont post much finance news to shitpost over or talk about such things.

I think cryptos and college advice both need their own cyclic sticky threads. They're cute but they completely slide actual discussions, and a board needs shitposting to form a community.
>>
>>1163100
You can't have constructive discussions when your primary demographic is /pol/ cross-boarders. Also this board was created specifically to contain the shitcoins.
>>
Aside from the board topic each board has that "thing" that unifies them. /biz/ is missing that. Closest thing we have is Cryptos. Ironically that's the reason this board created. The Robinhood threads have a pretty good community if that's what you're looking for.
>>
Beside the college major and crypto shit, this board has the exact same problem /k/ has.

We're told we can talk about business, but we're not allowed to talk about politics while doing so. /k/ can talk about guns, but not gun laws.

The cuck nu male mods let the Bernie shit posting stay on the board though, but most of the Trump threads get deleted as soon as the mod makes his weekly

Politics and business are very interwove, which is why very few people post news articles

/news/ gets more actual business discussion than /biz/ does right now

The other problem is that 99% of the major news outlets for business are nothing more than clickbait and posting them is shitposting by default.

Several attempts to make a sticky have been made, but they always get bogged down with way too much crypto shit and college major shit.

It's easier to just give a direct link to investopedia than to make a sticky for this board.
>>
>>1163121

Robinhood is basically a complete waste of time if your goal is to actually make money, but it is a very weird thread.

They have the only general on any board that actually stays on topic from beginning to end.

Go to /g/ and /fit/ and look at all those generals if you wanna see what I mean.

99% of posts in generals just devolve into tripfag meme bantz board culture shitposting.

Robinghood generals are more than welcome on this board in my opinion, even if I don't bother with them anymore.
>>
>>1163140
This is pretty much it. On the macro scale, business and finance are very much political. You'll have occasional micro scale business discussions, but there's only so much you can discuss
>>
>>1163153
It's a shame /pol/ has to be /pol/. They're really taking a toll on the quality of the site as a entirety. Not just the affiliated topics.
>>
>>1163155
If only we could somehow prevent pol from ever existing...
>>
>>1163155
>>1163157

/pol/ is fine, you nu males

The main problem it has is that it has virtually zero moderation

You can't just create a political board, never moderate it, let it get raided by Reddit and multiple other sites, and then complain when the quality drops to zero
>>
>>1163161
>/pol/ is fine, except it isn't
>>
>>1163164

You guys are talking about deleting it, I'm saying that you could fix all of its problems in half a day
>>
>>1163161
>ur a "nu male" for disliking pol

Why?

You do know /pol/ is satire and that it's just a joke taken too far right?

It's funny to talk about degeneracy ON a literal degenerate website where most people are virgins, NEETs, socially-ostracized or all three.

The overlap between /r9k/ and /pol/ is amusing as well.
>>
To add to my point. This thread is about the lack of /biz/'s sense of community, yet somehow it's turning into a discussion about /pol/. Let this sink in. This is the level of their influence. Pretty soon I'm going to filter their board tag.
>>
>>1163172
I'm going to filter every /pol/ and /r9k/ buzzword.

>Roastie
>Chad
>Stacey
>Pooinloo
>Dindu
>Kike
>Oy vey
>Shoah
>Cuck
>Degenerate
>Divorce
>MGTOW
>Beta
>Alpha
>Reddit
>Bernie
>Trump

Can anyone help add some to the list?
>>
>>1163171
Tell that to /pol/.

>>1163166
I'm not calling for deletion. /pol/ is(was) a great concept, but the damage is already done. I actually consider /pol/ and other communities like it, see /r9k/, to be quite dangerous. As well as entertaining.
>>
>>1163177

Why even come to 4chan then?
>>
>>1163177
how could you forget normie
>>
>>1163177
I like how we both drew the similarities between pol and r9k. This guy sees it too.
>>
>>1163179
Entertainment
>>
Hello
I'm pretty new to this board and I can tell you first hand that it really needs a sticky, you guys may not notice since you have been around for longer but this place can be pretty overwhelming on information. A good start would be explaining bit coins and all the weird currency you guys talk about. Also a lot of the financial lingo that gets thrown around here needs some decrypting at first.

As for generals I reckon that college advice is important enough for it to have its own general thread.
Also since I've been lurking here I picked up a lot of neet financial advice, not talking about big money making things, but the small things. Where to live? How to spend your money wisely when starting your life, cars that will be worth your money.

TLDR: you guys have a great knowledge base, just needs some organizing
>>
>>1163186
Neat advice*

Man that would sound weird
>>
The purpose of /biz/ will be shown when we have a full stock market crash. Then we can all make some proper money and we'll have our community. For now we wait.
>>
>>1163146
Sorry your dad was wearing a robin hood costume when he raped you.

stay mad faggot
>>
>>1163100

Containment boards usually don't go beyond image dumping or shitposting, outside of the glimmer of gold in a sea of shit. That's why they are containment boards.

/biz/ started out as a containment board for /g/ to rid of shillcoin threads and it will continue to be unless /g/ is removed (so forever)
>>
>>1163202

>There are people this illiterate on this board
>These same people are discussing "business" with you
>>
>>1163178
Pol IS satire.

It's ironic, tongue in cheek humor.

It started out as a containment board after /new/ was deleted many years ago and people ironically posted "lol the Holocaust never happened here's some unsourced info graphics lmao!"

Then newfags fell for the trolls and thought they were being genuine and spread their bullshit trolling to b8 more newfags.

Then stormfags came and thought they were in good company.

Now it's 50/50 trolling/serious.
>>
>>1163216
>Pol IS satire.

Spoken like a true nu male

Did /pol/ insult your wife's son?
>>
It's okay, I like the randomness, it's more fresh than any conventional blog or site or channel.

At least when I first came here it was at least 20-50% richfags or pretend richfags, shilling and pumping & dumping, wanting to show off their swag and play big shots and troll.
Nothing wrong with some success inspiration or motivation there, but there should be just one at any one time.

Also, I think we really need a separate college/jobs/careers/poorfag thread, because how the fuck is is that business and finance related, unless you are specifically asking about financial subjects or economics maybe, but then that blurs into politics.
>>
>>1163218
What the fuck is a nu male?
>>
File: 1hPJUAe.jpg (427 KB, 1050x1080) Image search: [Google]
1hPJUAe.jpg
427 KB, 1050x1080
>>1163224

Updated version now reflects their love of cuckolding
>>
>>1163100
have joined a few /biz/ related chats and this is the majority of people:
>students and "just learning" types
>people who want to transform their life savings of $2000 into millions overnight
>crypto shills
>attention whores who only bothered because /biz/ is not as well established as some other chats
only like 5% of the people i encounter have any sort of active account or business going on.
>>
>>1163224
>>1163230
This is what I'm talking about. Although there is still some obvious humor there, /pol/ is no longer an image board. It's becoming cult like.
>>
>>1163230
So why are you calling me that for explaining to you why /pol/ is satire?

Are you doing the classical pol meme of assuming I must be a tumblr Bernie supporting male feminist or whatever because I don't jack off to Trump and post funnie Jew pictures and Ben Garrison memays?

By the way it's funny you mention cuckolding. /pol/ is probably the place that talks about cuckolding the most, more than any other website, even sites dedicated to the fetish.

Go on 4plebs /pol/ archive. Search the word 'cuck'. LOL
>>
>>1163235
I don't know how anyone can take such a board seriously when a majority of the users are unemployed Virgins but will talk about "da white race" and its accomplishments as if they're even loosely related to them or aren't a disappointment to their "white ancestors".

>I'm unemployed and I have no friends... BUT FUCK THIS WESTERN DEGENERACY I'D HAVE BEEN HITLER'S BEST SOLDIER SIEG HEIL MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
>>
>>1163237
>>1163241

>hurr /pol/ is satire
>I'm not a liberal
>There's no way there people that don't love being cucks and nigger dicks
>>
>>1163247
For people who don't like being cucks they sure act and talk about cuckoldry an awful lot

Go to /pol/ RIGHT NOW. And screenshot the first 15 threads. Come back and post screenshot.

Tell me that is NOT a shitposting board.
>>
>>1163247
>>1163241

And here it is. On the fucking /biz/ board. There's a reason why they say never talk about sex, politics, and religion. This is what they turn people into
>>
>>1163250
>>1163251

>Meta thread
>Blaming /pol/ for /biz/ being shit
>Wonders why there's shit posting
>>
>>1163256
Waiting for the screenshot, stormfag.
>>
>>1163256
What? YOU brought /pol/ into the thread.
>>
>>1163266

Actually, that was you
>>1163155
This is the post you started cucking yourself with that started thsi
>>
File: 1455585950791.jpg (68 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
1455585950791.jpg
68 KB, 600x500
>>1163271
Please go back to your retarded safe space hugbox and don't come back >>>/pol/
>>
>>1163280
This.
>>
>>1163271
It's funny watching a closet faggot getting his cover blown. It's too late now. You've shown your real colors.
>>
>>1163280
>>1163287
>>1163291

>Tells anyone that disagrees with him to go back to /pol/
>Calls /pol/ the hug box
>>
>>1163100
Cyclic threads kill communities and push a sociological bias onto the board.
A permathread becomes a resource, those looking for the resource remain, bring more of likeminded leeches, and then they spread.
Stop shilling permathreads.
>>
>>1163301
>Calls anyone that disagrees with him a cuck/leftist/nu male and tells him to go back to tumblr
>Calls tumblr the hug box
>>
>>1163146
What's wrong with Robinhood?
>>
Would change be more likely with a q post or irc cocksucking?
>>
>>1163337
Half the stocks mentioned in Robinhood threads fail or lose a considerable amount of value,
SUNE
ASTI
SFXE
LBIO
LINE
I remember when someone tried to tell me CLV (defunct ticker) was a good buy. CLV went from $3.50 to $1.50 and shareholders were forcefully converted to the common shares of the company CLF.
ANY stock mentioned in Robinhood threads needs to be evaluated using due diligence. It is important to remember that Robinhood traders have primarily small amounts of money to work with and often times like to gamble on these penny stocks for a quick gain. There is nothing wrong with this, but this trading style is not for most investors. On top of that Robinhood does not offer many of the services provided by a more traditional broker such as Charles Schwab or TDameritrade. Nevertheless, I do have a Robinhood account with a small amount of money I am perfectly comfortable with losing; understand that Robinhood is a very fun platform to throw around a few hundred dollars here and there to test new trading strategies.
One tip if your going to start playing with Robinhood, trade leveraged ETFs, for some reason I was able to hold UWTI for a month in a bearish and subsequent bullish market WITHOUT losing money through contango or other fees.
>>
Also if people need to understand the terminology used here you can always look it up as other anons have mentioned.
I’ve been on biz on and off for a few years and even I don't understand a lot of the lingo regarding crypto currencies. I was never interested in them and that is fine, but this board has polarizing opinions on almost everything. Half the board loves cryptos, the other half hates them, half the board loves stocks, the other half hates them, half the people who love stocks love penny stocks, half the people who love stocks love blue chip stocks. The list goes on and on. On top of that, we have another huge problem; a large amount of biz users is financial illiterate or do not understand some of the concepts, terms, mentioned here.
This is not a bad thing at all, the more people learning the better. The problem is that most experienced finance “gurus” wont want to have to educate a bunch of posters every time the bring up a topic or raise a point someone wont understand.
We will never have a large board of professionals that share deep insight on financial markets and economics because they see no benefit of coming to a site such as biz.
>>
>>1163100

You have to look at the audience of this board. The demographics. Good college advice is probably the best business advice they can get at their age.

They also think they'll get rich on cryptocoin, and they wouldn't listen to billionaires like Charlie Munger who talk about how cryptocoins are a scam. They're looking for the passive income, get rich quick, easy money route. Which of course, doesn't exist.

I mean I actually worked at an investment bank and know a little bit about equity investing, running small businesses and so forth, but the vast majority of people here are not in this age or income bracket.
>>
But OP, crypto threads ARE shitposting
>>
>>1163146
The Robinhood threads are legit. There is big money being made over there in /rhg/
>>
>>1163548
You're just holding too long. I made a killing off ASTI because I sold when it spiked. I was pushing BTU last year and a few anons made huge gains, but if you held till now, you lost 90%
>>
>>1163550
>wouldn't listen to billionaires like Charlie Munger who talk about how cryptocoins are a scam

>It was said by a millionaire so it must be true !!1!1!11

Lol. Just because a vast amount of cryptos are pump and dump schemes doesn't mean that the inherent technology is a scam.
>>
/biz/ is where us outstanding rich gents can laugh at retards who dump their pitiful life savings into fucking memes and penny stocks then proceed to lose it all.

The problem with /biz/ is that typically its visitors are young, a demographic that is not typically very finance or business savvy, and does not hold a lot of equity.

Not to mention that 4chan in general is counter-culture, and successful businessmen are usually interested in holding onto the status quo.
>>
>>1163100
The problem I have is that im in college and im pretty much fucking broke. I cant talk investing if I have nothing to invest.
>>
File: Chill room 2.jpg (267 KB, 1240x826) Image search: [Google]
Chill room 2.jpg
267 KB, 1240x826
>>1163100
At first the board was pretty decent with a mix of people who actually knew what they were talking about and there were plenty of stock and business threads, usually one or two cryptocoin generals, and the rest was general shitposting which isn't unusual.

I think it was after mods stopped deleting duplicate cryptocoin threads and stopped encouraging (by way of thread deletion) cryptocoin generals that the cryptocoin spam got way out of hand. The swarm of "muh index!!!!1111" shitposting fags drove most people who knew what they were talking about out so the good stock and business related threads died off. General shitposting is about the same as always.

So I guess /biz/ just devolved into a cryptocoin containment board.
>>
>>1164286
it was started as a cryptocoin containment board
>>
>>1163100
>complains about board community
>posts Doge memes
>>
>>1163186
Lurk more
>>
irc channel needed
>>
because if you need quality info read the sidebar on reddit personalfinance or bogelheads wiki

nobody is going to tell you secrets THEY abuse to make money so that's basically all the info you're gonna get
>>
>create thread with legitimate question about entrepreneurship
>some faggot posts in thread shilling some crypto nobody cares about
>thread dies, no other responses, reported message disregarded

This board might be a lost cause.
>>
>>1164387

I started a thread about index funds about two months ago, for general discussion and education for newbies, and it got flooded with robinhoodfags and shitcoiners
>>
>>1163230
why is sam hyde on there he's not at all nu male
>>
CREATE A GOD DAMN ETERNAL CRYPTOSHILL THREAD
>>
>>1164645
hi sam
>>
>>1163566
>Robin Hood
It's the best thing there is.
Half the people in my dorm are buying new cars next week.
All this from starting with, like, $100.
>>
>>1164645
He is a cuckmale
>>
>>1163100
i figure /biz/ is probably full of the same 20 people just jerking each other around every day and then maybe once a week a new person comes along asking about making money and about 9 of those 20 people tell them to buy knee pads and start sucking dick for a dollar a dick and the other 9 tell them to buy some cryptos. then about 2 give them some actual advice that they probably never will follow.

I don't know about you OP but thats just how i feel.
>>
>>1163140
make this man a mod
>>
>>1164721
i call bullshit
>>
>>1164881
>i call bullshit
i certainly hope so
>>
>>1164721
>>1164890
i am not sure if you are good at sarcasm or shitty at shilling but yeah. nobody is making shit of robin hood especially not with 100$ starting capital...
>>
>>1164909
We won't get any of them in here, with those kinds of posts.
>>
This board desperately needs moderation 2bh
>>
>>1163100
>le buy ETH xD
>>
>>1164909
youve never been in the threads. sixkeks had a stock that went up 800% and a lot of anons made a killing just last week
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.