[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Questions that don't deserve their own Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (354 KB, 1000x1362) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
354 KB, 1000x1362
Hi /biz/, this is my firs time visiting this board and Im not sure if you guys have QTDDTOTs since I didn't see one in the catalog.
Anyways, I'm 18 and have a little over $500 in cash to spend.
No bank account and no credit card.
My problem is that I want buy a few things from legitimate online businesses. But the only way would be a credit card.
I know there are prepaid cards, but how do those work? When a website asks for only credit card number would it accept a debit card numbers? Which card would be the best?

Thanks /biz/ any info will be appreciated

>TL; DR how do prepaid cards work and would the number be accepted as a credit number for online stores?
>>
>>1160829
>TL; DR how do prepaid cards work and would the number be accepted as a credit number for online stores?

a prepaid card is just loaded with a set value (like 20$). its bullshit, just get a credit card but at your age it might be hard unless you have worked at least a 1yr on the books job because creditors look at this and they also start you off at a low credit. prepaid cards cant be accepted as a credit card because they will know off the cards 16 digit number.
how come when it comes to getting a job its "who you know not what you know"
>>
>>1160829
You can use a prepaid meme unless it'll be a recurring payment which might experience issues(obviously).
>>
>>1160829
>how do those work
You buy one in a store. Usually there's a rack near the registers where they just have gift cards, and some of them are Visas, Mastercards, etc..

Read the back of the card for all the rules. You typically pay like $3 for the card, and then everything else goes onto it. You can't refill it until you go online and register it or some shit. If you don't use it for some amount of time, say 13 months, they start taking out like $5 at a time every month until it's empty.

I think that's about all there is to it. Hope it helps. Let me know if you're unclear on anything else.
>>
>>1160848
I'm planning on buying couple $100 products, and visa has cards that can hold a maximum of 10k
Thanks for the info though
>>1160854
Nah no recurring payments, just buying at the complete price.
And when website as asking for credit card info can I just use the prepaid card numbers?
>>
>>1160862
Thanks man!

Now hypothetically, lets I just spent all the money in the card and its going to be a long while before I use it again. Would I be able to refill it after that long while or should I just get a new card?
>>
>>1160866
Yes you can

That's the point of them ma man.

I'm fairly certain 80% of the revenue of prepaid memes is from underaged kids using them to buy shit.
>>
>>1160877
Get a new one, depending on which it is you can't refill.

Honestly just read the back of them or their website dude. If you did you'd know it says "use just like a regular card!" On the packaging and also whether it's refillable or not
>>
>>1160883
>>1160881
Thanks comrade!
I just didnt think it'll be that easy. I went on Visa's website and only looked at one card and i read about an application and a waiting period.

>underage kids using them to buy shit

Lol that was me with Amazon gift cards
>>
>>1160866
If you're that poor you don't need to be buying $100 products unless it's to resell them.
>>
File: image.jpg (176 KB, 600x798) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
176 KB, 600x798
>>1160891
>>
>>1160915
>Hurr let me spend 20% of my net worth on some useless disposable crap
>>
>>1160877
Just get a new one. Sometimes they can be refilled with a hassle, sometimes not at all.
>>
>>1160889
>application and a waiting period
Nah, I've bought them before. You just go to a store and give them money, they give you the card, you use it. EZ PZ
>>
How do I go about getting into being a train conductor? I'm 18 and have no job experience or prospects.
>>
I have to purchase $3000 on my IRA due to tax deduction reasons. Do I go with an overall US stock index ETF or something targeted like an energy ETF?
>>
File: CMEdhEdWEAAsLCL.png (118 KB, 431x362) Image search: [Google]
CMEdhEdWEAAsLCL.png
118 KB, 431x362
Denied employment, very high chance of hiring discrimination at play. Do I have the right to demand of the company a report of the background check done on me?
>>
>>1162264
Apply on your city's public transit website.
>>
I've bought stuff online with $100 prepaid visa cards. Buy the card and you can use it at regular stores. When you register it online you can use it online. Instructions come with the card.
>>
What's better for a low-income 24 year old, roth or traditional IRA, or neither? I'm not making much, but I've saved quite a lot of what I have made.
>>
File: demi.jpg (132 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
demi.jpg
132 KB, 960x960
I was thinking of opening up a restaurant similar to Chipotle, but we specialize in Sharma instead of burritos.

Is this a good idea?
>>
>>1164449
Honestly I've never seen a Sharma place at all. I have no idea what thr hell it even is. I think a large number of Americans are like me so you'd need a pretty hefty amount of marketing. I've seen similar with noodles though so the concept would probably work. Maybe the same concept with chili, hotdogs, macaroni and cheese, salads, or even pizza would work.
>>
>>1164447

bumping this.
>>
GET A BANK ACCOUNT OP.
Make sure to call and set up the account so it doesn't let you charge the debit card when no money in the account. b/c by default they let you overdraft and check your credit score.

Become an Authorized User on a 7 year old credit card with 24 months no missed payments. Highest Credit Limit Possible.

Best Visa Gift Cards are SimonMall. NO AMEX EVER. b/c can't trade for cash.
Can buy money orders. Lookup howto by googling manufactured spending.
>>
>>1164449
>>1164449
That's a great idea nigger, do it!
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.