[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Flip House
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12
>live an hour from nyc
>inherit $40k
>find house for sail in st louis
>hamilton heights
>they want $5k
>talk them down to $3k

Should I just drop everything (I don't have much), move to St. Louis, live in this house like a neet while working over the internet, gradually improve the house while having it listed online for $30k, be ready to hang onto it for a couple of years, and eventually sell it and walk away?
>>
>>1154547
How do you plan on making money online?

It's probably in a black neighborhood. If the house is livable, you could probably get some section 8 renters.

But why buy 1? If you're going into this and can earn income otherwise, should buy at least 4.

Become a slum lord.
>>
Why be a neet bruh, just work flipping burgers or something if youre lazy. Just so you can enjoy your life and have some fun instead of ruining your savings
>>
>>1154548
Well, I need to start somewhere. Plus, it's math:

>$3,000 house
>$1,000 closing costs (I imagine)
>$4,000 utilities (2 years)
>$2,000 etc (taxes, internet, etc)

That's $10,000; I have $40,000, leaving me with $30,000 (or $15x2 years) to live on.

I figure in that time *somebody* will buy the house or *something* *else* I'm working on will really take off.

Yes, there are plenty of blacks:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamilton_Heights,_St._Louis
>In 2010 Hamilton Heights' racial makeup was 97.4% Black, 1.0% White, 0.3% Native American, 0.1% Asian, and 1.2% Two or More Races. 0.5% of the population was of Hispanic or Latino origin.[2]
>>
>>1154557
some other maths will tell you that getting robbed/murdered are also a very real possibility in the next 10 years
>>
>>1154547
>>1154557
Probably full of rats/roaches/black squatters so be sure to factor repairing all that damage into costs.
>>
>>1154557
>In 2010 Hamilton Heights' racial makeup was 97.4% Black

Buy the house. Go to /k/ and say you just bought a house in a ghetto. You could easily make your money back by hosting people in a ghetto experience. Like charge people with a concealed carry license to come and stay for $500 a week.

They've had multiple threads about someone buying a house in Detroit, and doing the same thing. /pol/ might be interested too. I'd do it if I had American citizenship and could own a gun in America.
>>
>>1154566

I don't foresee any problems; one of my current room-mates is black, I've lived in all-black neighborhoods, I'm former infantry and I'll be buying one of these or equivalent:

>>29316626
>>
>>1154574
HIVEMIND
I was gonna start threads on those boards about this, too; so far, it's just this one and one on /trv/:
>>1092987
>>
>>1154547
yes, move to niggerville so you can get murdered on your first night there by a crackhead that's squatting in the house, dumbfuck.
>>
>>1154575
I'm originally from war-torn Balkans. I've lived in black neighborhoods my entire life in the states. I'm not in any way particularly afraid of blacks, but I do recognize them as being wild and I keep my guard up around them at all times.
>>
>>1154577
Currently buying 3 15k houses for rental income! SLUM LORDS UNITE
>>
>>1154577
Is it
1415 Montclair Ave?

Not American, so I don't know how section 8 works, but I though you can just own these houses, and then rent them out to black people and they pay with welfare for it. So they always get enough money every month as long as they have a kid under 5 to pay the rent?

In Canada, I'm trying to do something similar. Buy a house in a ski town, and then rent out rooms for 1k a month during ski season.

Fuck, I just spent a few grand in crypto coins. If it's 1600 USD I could split the costs with you if we could have some form of bond.
>>
>>1154600
Wow, that's some impressive detective work, anon; you are correct! I've only put $300 into crypto at the moment because I want LAND...
>>
>>1154609
Your /trv/ thread had the intersection, not too hard. Land is good. Would you be eligible for a VA mortgage?

If you post some contact information, I'll send you a message.

I'd give you some bitcoin/ether for an interest in the property.
>>
>>1154547
I'm pretty sure the backtaxes on that house will be over $20k. Have you looked into that OP?
>>
File: Real fees.jpg (4 MB, 3521x4072) Image search: [Google]
Real fees.jpg
4 MB, 3521x4072
>>1154557
>$1,000 closing costs
Try again
>>
>>1154659
So, $3-5k, then; that sucks.
>thank you for informative image; now studying it to learn how buying land works
>>
>>1154557
>97.4% nigger

I think your best option is to rent it or sell it to /k/ommandos desperate to fire their gun at a live target
>>
>>1154574
>>1154703
>Already done:
>>>/k/29330994
>>
>update: reply to my brief request for more info

Good morning,
Thank you for requesting information on this property. The basement is not finished and has water in it that was frozen a few weeks ago, there is not a furnace as well. The taxes are on the data sheet and the maps can show you how far the home is back on the property. If you have any other questions absolutely feel free to call or email anytime. Thank you and have a wonderful day.
Sincerely,
Amanda Farquhar
Office Administrator
>>
>>1155277
Wait: disregard; that was for this property lol --
http://www.landandfarm.com/property/85_Third_Street-2675805/
-- which is sad.
>>
File: shade-sail.jpg (99 KB, 600x449) Image search: [Google]
shade-sail.jpg
99 KB, 600x449
>>1154547

>house for sail
>>
I used to work about 5 minutes from this house. Just be aware, this is dead center niggerville. You better own a gun, and lock your car up. That being said, University City, which is 3 minutes from this house, specifically "The Loop", is close to you and a fun place to visit.
>>
>hes so cheap he actually chooses to live in gangland
yeah good luck with that, your extra savings will come in handy for your medical costs or even your funeral.
>>
File: 54f.png (759 KB, 605x453) Image search: [Google]
54f.png
759 KB, 605x453
>>1155566
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XgFPo3uDUo
>>
>>1154547
Don't bother OP. Just park that cash in a mutual fund and get a job to save up money for a real house. You can find decent homes in rural areas that wont get you murdered by niggers for a similar price.
>>
>>1154548
>you could probably get some section 8 renters.
Just stop.

>https://youtu.be/Puc1CLwWNms
>>
>>1156221

he didnt even say nigger once, but i'll chop off my nuts and die if that werent done by some blacks
>>
>>1154547
stl bro, thats a no go.

First off that shit is in niggerville. Have fun being broken into, robbed, shot at, killed, all because your white or it seems like you have money

2nd that house has probably been stripped on the inside and requires major repairs to even be inhabitable. A good tell tale sign of this is when you drive on these streets you'll start to notice a lot of space between buildings, these empty lots once had such buildings on it like yours, but it was cheaper to just knock the building down and either hold the property like a jew, or just demo it and sell it.

Third fuck you stl sucks.
>>
>>1154632
VA home mortgage aint gonna pay for that crack den, they actually go through and inspect the property and help make sure the vet isn't being a retard like this dumb niggfantry guy is

>>1155566
This area will never be gentrified. An option he has is that ranken technical college isn't too far and I'm sure if they let you on campus you could talk to some of the working class white folk and pay for some shit to get done to the property cheap under the table.

An option i would look into is buying it and the empty lots next to it, and privacy fence that shit in high as fuck, then put up a chain link even higher and in the space between throw concertina wire in and have lots of flood lights and some type of electric gate. You will have niggers still looking over your fence to see what you have to steal, and you will find a shit ton of trash in your yard from these niggers.

The other option is that kingshighway down the street has BJC hospital. If you bought the entire block, fenced it in heavily, and fixed the properties up and hired security you might be able to get a few dr's, nurses, whatever to pay to live there, doubt it though most us white folks would rather commute 30 mins.
>>
>>1154547
>I have 40k
>so i choose to waste my life in sub par living conditions.
Why punish yourself? You made 40k in a presumably better spot that this.
>>
>>1154547
>sail
>>
Solid advice from many of you in this thread; thank you.

What about south of Page Boulevard, like near the Delmar Loop in University City? I'm looking at about forty properties in and around Missouri.

>also this is me; how do you think I'll fare in these dangerous lands?
>>
File: 1431417898045.png (386 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
1431417898045.png
386 KB, 480x800
>>1154547
Just so you know, the city of St. Louis is over 70 percent black. Most people who live in Saint Louis live in South County (not St. Louis) or St. Charles. (also not St. Louis). The city has been stagnant for years and is the poster-child of Rust-Bell. I would advise against buying a house for 3k because it is most likely in North St. Louis, which is very dangerous. Also, the tax obligations on those properties are usually in the 6 figure range because no one has been paying taxes on the property for years. Make sure there aren't any tax obligations that come with the sale.
>>
File: 1428495037889.gif (3 MB, 350x349) Image search: [Google]
1428495037889.gif
3 MB, 350x349
>>1157099
Delmar Loop in UCity is nice. The only places you really want to buy in StL are in South County, Soulard, Forest Park, Lafayette Square (pricey), and the Central West End (Rich), the only problem with CWE is that it borders alot of ghetto. I would be careful about any of the other neighborhoods as even Creve Coeur has gotten darker lately. I lived in St Louis for many years and the real estate market has gone down, not up. It's not an area where people are moving to. It's a place to get away from. Consider this when buying a property. Now some places do have tourist value, like Soulard which is the original French Quarter. It's urban, chic, and touristy with lots of restaurants. Avoid Anything in the North side of town. Avoid the central city including Benton Park, or Tower Grove. Lindenwood is a shithole, I don't care what people say. If you stick to this you may make it out alright.
>>
>>1154659
Whats the condition of that house? $36k is the cost of a truck
>>
>>1157309
I'm looking at some places in Central West End & Forest Park, so that's good to hear. Are you in St. Louis?
>>
>>1154547
You live in NYC. Buy something in Baltimore. Keep living in NYC and just slowly work on the place in Baltimore. Urban east coast shitholes are better off than midwestern shitholes. Maybe someday dem programs will work and if not the liberal state will pay for some negro to rent your shanty.
>>
>>1157309
bought right, problem is areas like soulard drive a premium as other investors purchase these areas either to live, or rent since hipsters and the young crowd wants to live there

Which btw is still ghetto and just a few blocks over. I have friends that live there that still get their cars broken into often.

Honestly in STL if i were to live in the goddamn city I would look at houses in Dogtown, And the southside like the hill or Hampton area.

To really know the market of STL you have to live here. For example that Delmar, thats a long road, and only one part is good with the sorrounding blocks still semi safe, the farther down you go even just like six blocks the shittier it gets.

Forest park is kinda sketchy, towards clayton meh, dogtown meh, start getting into shaw, you got hipsters, but also cops shooting niggers all the time.

STL is a weird market, and like i said earlier the city is dead besides for specific areas that are gentrified, the other areas that are alive cost money. Thats why most folk live in the county and surrounding areas.

Another option is look across the river. I know in cahokia semi decent for a single guy homes are for sale for around 10k, problem is its cahokia aka east stl 2.0, but still some white folk there and its a 15 min drive to either downtown or south county on the highway.

The only other problem is its illinois.
>>
>>1154547

OP, I live in St. Louis. Ask me anything.
>>
>>1157309
>>1157778

These people likely live in St. Louis County and don't really have any idea what STL city real estate is like. Take this with a grain of salt.
>>
File: l7yUr.jpg (22 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
l7yUr.jpg
22 KB, 500x363
>>1157778
Well, yeah Soulard borders Benton Park, but Soulard still has police patrols. I remember a few years back that ridiculous black alderwoman getting pissed off because of all the 'fucking white people moving into Soulard.' Soulard was always white though. Soulard's alderwoman was worthless, I wonder if she hasn't gotten the can since that area has really come up. I lived in Columbia, IL for a while which is nice if you want cheap and white.
>>1157575
OH yeah, before I forget St Louis is a westward facing city. the Illinois side has been contracting for years. This means don't buy in Belleville, don't buy Waterloo, don't buy in Alton, don't buy in Granite City. alot of Shysters may try to sell you on the cheap Illinois side, but it really isn't worth it. Columbia was nice though.
>>
>>1157888

This is some of the only good STL real estate advice I've seen in this thread. Avoid buying in IL at all costs. Property taxes are sky-high, crime is bad, services are atrocious, the people are garbage, and the economies of all these southern IL towns are almost completely dependent upon a dying manufacturing base. Again, avoid southern IL at all costs.
>>
>>1157879
>>1157907
So you quote a guy saying he doesn't know anything about stl, then say he has good advice??

Watchout op you got a shill, probably a nigger.
>>
>>1158123

A person can't give two separate pieces of advice and have one of them be off the mark and the other on?

He's right about the metro east being a shithole. He's wrong about St. Louis city.
>>
>40k

>down payment on solid house.

Why not just move to a not shitty part of the country, relevant to your field and rent out the house while living like a NEET with some rando craigslist roommates for a while? rent usually can cover all the relevant mortgage payments, insurances and divert excess funds to a miscellaneous house upkeep stash.

You can't really lose in this scenario. Even if a towns housing market sinks, rent usually stays constant. and you're both locking in profit for whenever you do decide to sell and you're also having someone else paying your mortgage for the privilege of living there. Really you're locking in an enormous asset simply because you had enough cash on hand for a down payment.

It's what I plan to do with my excess college fund post grad.
>>
>>1158169
>$40k all in one basket
But I'm trying to diversify my portfolio for reasonable reasons, anon, although I'd do as you suggest if I had, say, $400k.
>>
>>1156221
Aren't landlords allowed to inspect a property as they like? Not to say that vid isn't fucked up but it seems like a lot of damage happened over a long period of time.

Mine is contractually obligated to give 24hrs notice of an inspection for non emergency entries, but they come in at least once a year to test the fire alarm and make sure there's no fire code violations.
>>
File: Justfuckmycatup.jpg (35 KB, 508x472) Image search: [Google]
Justfuckmycatup.jpg
35 KB, 508x472
>>1159193
NO! That's part of the reason I decided against real estate. In Missouri, and in many other states the renter has the same rights as a property owner. this means you can't inspect the property as you please, you have to have 14 days of notice, and even that is sorta suspect because they can turn you away. My father owned houses up on the hill in that area that he was renting out, part of what made him quit was a police raid, the guy had passed his background check with flying colors. He still turned out to be a drug dealer and had his junkie girlfriend staying with him. They found bullet holes all over the place from where he got into a shootout with one of his friends which was what prompted the raid. The police did call him after the raid to let him know, but by that time the locals and figured out the houses was trashed and gutted it. Awesome! Guess who eats that cost?
>>
>RE flipping for poorfag btards, the thread

There's no point trying down your idea except to say there are hundreds of other trap houses so you're won't sell for more.

Find a run down house in a half-decent area. Do the math, what could it flip for in good condition with all the meme finishes? How much will the renovation cost? Is there more than 30% gross margin (counting any labor you DIY as a $20/hour expense)?

$5,000 houses are that cheap for a reason. If you're lazy, you'd be an order of magnitude better buying a run down house in a college town for $40k. Gross rents could easily be $700/month for a 3 bedroom.
>>
>me again
I just found a perfect, great condition, fully renovated duplex just outside [city] for $10k; should I buy it, move into one unit and rent out the other?
>inb4 idk tax
>>
>>1160146

link?
>>
>>1160254
>pm me
>>
File: 1457300979855.png (2 KB, 270x81) Image search: [Google]
1457300979855.png
2 KB, 270x81
WHY ARE THESE HOUSES SO FUCKING CHEAP??? I don't even live in California, for Christ sake!

>>1159641
>$700/month for a 3 bedroom
I assume you mean per room?

Where I live, a cheap property would be $140,000 easily and would get you $700-$800 for two bedrooms, maybe $500-$600 for three bedrooms, each.
>>
File: 1458444987906.jpg (141 KB, 534x820) Image search: [Google]
1458444987906.jpg
141 KB, 534x820
>>1154557
>97.4% Black
Okay, FUCK the housing costs in this thread... THIS is the real bullshit I don't get! How the fuck are there so many black motherfuckers in that neighborhood??
>>
>>1160146
Bs
>>1161061
White flight
>>
>buying a house in the literal fucking projects/ghetto/trap zone
>>
>>1161059
In this area, a 3 bedroom house will rent for 500-700 total. Not per room.

>>1161061
This is why a 3 bedroom house rents for 500-700 total. This area is run down, muh food stamps, poverty city. I would rather buy an empty lot somewhere nicer and pitch a tent.
>>
Look up property records for a whole city block of trap houses for sale.
There's one owner for all of them; sounds possibly foreign:
>Ahdindu Nuffinrong
>>
>>1159641
College town housing is worse business than dealing with niggers, mainly because if students fuck something up they will try and fix it and they may do such a good job of hiding it you don't notice.

One time I sat next to a man on a plane who told me of his woes. Apparently he had a small 1600 sqft house in a college town that had a rowdy party or two. Someone had damaged a supporting beam and did a number covering it up with drywall. Come to be 8 months later and his new tenants have the roof sagging and are calling asking what kind of despicable landlord he is to sell a deficient property.

No way to prove who did it or who tried to fix it. Came close to becoming a tear down.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.