[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/4c/ 4chan colony thread, biz edition there has for some years,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1457784867729.jpg (58 KB, 500x772) Image search: [Google]
1457784867729.jpg
58 KB, 500x772
/4c/ 4chan colony thread, biz edition
there has for some years, circulated the idea of buying up some land for 4chan users and doing as we please..
I myself frequent several boards, /g/ /biz/ /b/ /pol/ /sci/ /his/ and /x/ on slow days, i could vouch and could attest that there are many intelligent posters between all the memes, trollios, etc,
/biz/ edition looks to see the viability of this colony
>could 4chan raise ~5-10MM to purchase a piece of land,, location currently not important
>could we establish some form of new capitalistic culture to encourage innovation and prosperity
>what could you offer skill wise?
>what would be the most important aspects of the colony we should implement?
>>
>>1158885
/biz/ would try to eat something poisonous and die three minutes into not being in a city environment.
>>
>>1158885
All the thoughts I had so far:
>Alaska or Northern Canada, even Greenland
>Self sufficient, grow hemp for mass industrial uses, biofuel, and hempcrete building
>brew craft beer, grow good weed.. start degenerate resort to attract college kids for mardi gras type parties
>/g/ works on massively advertising our makeshift partytown through SEO, spamming, etc
>/sci/ develops our own technologies using tesla energy designs, etc
>/biz/ looks to monetize our resort

my own skillset include:
>growing my own garden, brewing kambucha, beer, and oil extracts.. just got into distilling
>medical MJ grower for 7 years already, have knowledge to grow a lot of herbs indoors and out
>skillful carpenter for building out our own colony
>4 years experience running fiber and copper intranet networks, yeye i want some fast internet up there
>2 years experience self taught programming knowledge
>lots of /biz/ ideas to monetize test and develop

what about you guys
>>
I see threads like this almost every month. Nothing has come out of it.

Before anyone tries to figure out any details for this type of initiative, we have to answer 2 questions

1) Why do these initiatives always, always fail?
2) How to get around these fail points?

Any other discussion is useless unless these things are addressed. Sorry to be so blunt, but it's true.

My take on it: there's no reason for this to be a collective effort. If someone wants to go out and live by themselves, just do it. There's tons of info about how to do this.
>>
>>1158885

someone should just make a website where people could enter the locations they want, the characteristic they want, the money they can put in, their skills etc
>>
there is a thing like this with a bunch of hipster redditors building a small self sustaining community in , I think it was New Guinea maybe.

would be interesting to see a 4chan version
>>
It doesn't even sound like anything appealing, to dream about or whatever.

It sounds like something I would want to stay very far away from. I mean, nothing personal guys, but..
>>
>>1158885
OP, I always wondered about something like that, but nowadays we lack people willing to really do that and vouch with life for their dreams. Sadly, there are very few people who can actually do what they want to do and achieve it.

It is possible, it is beyond doubt. The question is, do we have enough people who will go for it together no matter what.
>>
biz colony would need a crypto as the official currency
>>
File: 8754576575.jpg (109 KB, 406x364) Image search: [Google]
8754576575.jpg
109 KB, 406x364
>>1158885
4chan couldn't even create a functioning city before a massacre and a coup d'etat in minecraft, how the fuck are we going to do it in real life?
>>
Fuck no, this place is filled with retards of the worst kind. I only come here to poke fun at you.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.