[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
college degree tiers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: degree tiers.jpg (246 KB, 679x1019) Image search: [Google]
degree tiers.jpg
246 KB, 679x1019
thoughts?

http://www.payscale.com/college-salary-report/majors-that-pay-you-back/bachelors?page=22
>>
>Maths P.hD
>underwater welder
>3*2^5*5^5 USD starting.
>>
my thoughts are "fun waste of 4 years"

a bachelors is technically worth nothing in any field and rating these degrees by what salary graduates often get, without even accounting for location or what they spent on getting the degree, is about as useful as copy pasting an entire book and calling it a summary.

you get a good salary out of being skilled and intelligent. you used to be able to show that with a degree, especially from a great place. now you need certifications and professional references and either direct exposure or similar commitments as experience. employers look at GPA and what diploma you got like they look at whether or not you played sports in high school. it's amusing at best. but you can do the college partying thing while working too, that's what i did.
>>
>>1158436
t. minimum wage earner
>>
>>1158438
engineering least of all makes academia relevant unless you want to work for the government. the best programs find you a mentor before you even get accepted and emphasize networking events and collaborations. if you don't get into a lab/office at school or a local company you might as well have thrown your tuition in the toilet. you could have also gone into those labs without the .edu email in the first place. official cert programs might require higher education but if you're not in a growing city with alternative programs and open positions then you can just do community college to get that step out of the way.

it's not easy though either way. if you just get a bachelors in an engineering field in most places you're going to work as a tech for at least 3-5 years anyway scraping shit salaries together. you'll literally work side by side with high school graduates because tech work is simple as shit. getting right into the industry as a junior engineer is rare as fuck and theres too much competition.
>>
>>1158436
You cant be a fucking engineer (excluding SE) without an engineering degree. Any reputable firm will look at your degree and verify its legitimacy before they give any shit about your experience and skills.
>>
>>1158480
not anymore. and where they do they need to see an equally reputable institution where you worked with a professor/lecturer they are aware of. is that an option for you? or do you also think all degrees are equally valuable and all far above specialized programs or direct experience? you might as well tell me that you can't be in a relationship unless you have great hair.
>>
>>1158490
In my country, and many other countries and states, Engineer is a protected title and you can not legally have it without an engineering degree from an accredited program. Maybe you should do some research on the topic: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulation_and_licensure_in_engineering
>>
>>1158436
Ah yes, the classic pseudointellectual "I'm too smart for a degree" delusion.
>>
>>1158469
>what are summer internships

plenty of people I know who got engineering degrees are getting jobs

you sound like a buttblasted pajeet to me
>>
>petroleum engineer

lmaoing at your life
the saudis are going to gauge the price until all us producers are out of business
>>
>>1158469
you say this as thousands of engineering graduates line up multiple job interviews before they even graduate.

my friend did computer engineering, no internships, transferred from CC 2 years in, and still has gotten 3 interviews before graduation. stop talking out of your ass.
>>
>be me
>study maths and stats (aka actuarial mathematics)
>top 3
>feelsgood.jpeg
>>
>basing the rest of you life off of this
fucking do whatever you want to do
>>
What is this image supposed to prove? That we should all be engineers?

90% of engineers live in shitty isolated areas, and Detroit isn't exactly a grand metropolis. Personally, major in what you want as long as its marketable, which is most majors excluding the obvious ones like LGBT studies or Gender studies.

Fuck, even psychology majors can get into entry level HR and make over 100k by climbing the ladder.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.