[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have any of you worked in a MLM company? Share your experience
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
Have any of you worked in a MLM company?
Share your experience
>>
>>1156708
Kinda.

> Drive place
> Go door to door for ~10 hours
> Literally knocking on doors and giving a memorised speech
> Kept it up for a few weeks before giving up
> Fuel costs
> Nobody wants to buy intangible shit
> Nobody wants strangers in their home
> No sales
> Lost money like crazy

Selling imported junk on the street made more money. I was literally gonna go back to that, until I decided to give retail a final shot to pass a couple of weeks. Then I got the job.
5 years later, I still have the job, because the pay's decent, I get a bunch of benefits, and there aren't many places offering better with my lack of degree.
>>
>tfw my friend has been "working" at one of these scams and has had at least 5 attempts to recruit me that have all ended in heated arguments
>I uh made money but I don't know how much in total
>well you've never worked there so you don't know it's bullshit
>This is owning your own business! (Couldn't explain how working under somebody counts as owning your own business.)

Cutoff ANYONE associated with this shit unless you like stress, ignore shills Obviously nobody is making 6 figures but people still do fall for this junk.
>>
>>1156708
I worked in one for two weeks. Good money, shit hours.
Door to door sales promoting charities, getting people to donate monthly.
Getting someone to sign on for £10 a month got me £30. Usually hit around 100 houses a day using "the law of averages" to get 3 or 4 sales at the end of it.
We needed to get something like 20 sales in a week in order to be allowed to recruit someone ourselves

~£100 a day was good but not for breaking your balls from 10am to 9pm 6 days a week.
>>
>>1156708
I basically did this one summer after highschool.

Not 'traditional' midlevel management, they sucker you in to paint or something, clean windows is what I was doing. They pay you per house and try to get you to start your own business and then take a percent for using their name.

Hours were shit and I lost them a lot of money. All in all not bad. Wouldn't do it again though.
>>
google "eagle water wiesnerx0042" to read a series of posts from somebody who worked in the industry and shills desperately trying to silence the truth..was a great read
>>
itt losers with loser jobs
>>
Nope.

But seen some people go into them.

It's always the same. They spend a grand or two to "buy in" then shill it hard for 2 or 3 months before realizing it was just a scam and there's nothing special about the bullshit they are selling.
>>
There was this MLM group in Indonesia who think they can convince people to join them by posting video in front of "Eiffel Tower", which actually a green screen. Watch it. it's hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ciin6BqggQI
>>
When I was a young, dumb lad I did ACN because my best friend was in it and he is going to be the inheritor to 40 hotels. But the company was so shitty that I just had to leave.
>>
>>1156708
my neighbor did amway and I'd get free drinks from him as often as possible.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.