[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need some guidance /biz/ I'm 23, currently unemployed,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1412813842573.png (345 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1412813842573.png
345 KB, 500x333
I need some guidance /biz/

I'm 23, currently unemployed, and considering going back to college this fall.

I've had a difficult time getting a job, even the lowest tier, because outside of construction, i have no work skills to put on a resume.

But my dad wants me to work at the construction company he's with.

He said i'd get between 10-12 an hour if a join.

but the reason he's asking me is because 2 guys have quiet in the past week and they're short handed.

Also every time I see him, he's always saying how much he hates his job and wants to quit.

both of these says to me that the job really might not be worth the money.

Another job opportunity is working at a nearby krogers as a stock boy, because one of my dads friends whose a manager there needs extra hands.

He didn't tell me how much I'd make there, so probably minimum wage.

But since i'm making nothing now, anything is an upgrade.

So should I pick one of these jobs, or just hold tight till the next semester of college starts up?
>>
Stop being a fag and take the job
>>
>>1155869

Two things are important. First, that you enjoy whatever you are doing. If you enjoy what you are doing, you' ll work harder and you' ll achieve more. Second, you should pick something that is in demand. If you pick some type of study that already has a severe abundance in graduates, you' ll have very hard time making money.

So if you can pick a study that meets those two criteria, I'd say go for the college option. If not, you're probably better of doing something that will have you making money asap.
>>
>>1155883
The construction one i'm assuming you mean?

>>1155884
To be honest, the whole reason i'm going back to college is just to get 2 years worth or credits.

I spoke with a recruiter for the local PD, and since I don't have to have a degree in a field, just the credits, I figured i'd go back to school with the minimum task of getting the credit hours.

And because I wouldn't need to focus on one path of study, I'd be less stressed about figuring out the right path for me, and can take a variety at my school.

So I'll either get the two hours to apply to the police academy, or I'll find a subject that I'm passionate about from the various one's i'll be studying, and be able to make that my main course of study.
>>
>>1155917

Though decision. Because you can also work, and study in your free time. There is plenty of material on the internet (see: Coursera, Ted, Udacity, KhanAcadamy, hell even some documentaries), and you can often freely participate in lectures (whether it's intended to be free or not, they often don't check) which can get you inspired and educated. However whether this is the right path, strongly depends on your work ethics and motivation.

Then again if you go back to school, which sounds like it won't preoccupy all of your time, you can still get a side job and make some money. But you' ll probably make a lot less money, and you might end up still being unmotivated and basically having wasted a lot of time.
>>
>>1155941

By the way, I' m implying that if you go for the first option, that this is something you do for 1/2 years. After which you' ll hopefully be inspired to do something which meets the previously mentioned criteria, such that you can then apply to a college.
>>
Reading your post I thought you were too retarded for college, then I decided to give you the benefit of the doubt, and think maybe english isn't your first language. But afaik there aren't any krogers outside of America. So kill yourself retard
>>
>>1155869
Realistically, you need to be a college graduate to get a good job non manual labor job, any degree is better than non as long as you have a good work ethic and dont squander your degree after college. Everyone should go to college, regardless of age.
>>
>>1156007
Could you try that again in English? I have no idea what you're trying to tell me.

>>1155941
>>1155973
Honestly, I really don't think I should do the construction one after thinking on it for a bit.

one of the 2 guys who quit is my uncle. And putting it bluntly, he and his wife are broke. They NEED this job.

So if something happened that could push him to quitting, despite how badly he needs the income, I doubt I want any part of it.

With the way my dads been talking, they've been short handed for a while.

and he's a project manager which in his mind means "I don't have to lift a finger ever, I can just tell other people to do it."

Chances are, my dad probably kept putting everything on the two guys under him, because he doesn't want to get his hands dirty anymore.

It's just a bad idea in general to walk with or for family outside of a family owned business.

Too much drama.

The pay really doesn't feel worth it.
>>
>>1155869
If you've got construction experience why not go to school and become a project manager or something? Those guys can make some good money. Then you can specialize in something and start your own business.
>>
>>1156148
the problem here is you're just lazy.

which is fine, but you cant be dumb AND lazy.
find a skill, and fucking learn it on the internet.
then get a job,
or even better learn a skill on the internet that makes money ON the internet
>>
The pay is shit for a construction job. That's how much people make for flipping burgers nowadays.
>>
>>1155917
Yeah the construction job
>>
>>1156196
Confirmed. I made $10.50 flipping burgers at BWW
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.