[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you had $15,000-$20,000 to invest and you wanted to buy some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1458217621601.jpg (320 KB, 1024x1400) Image search: [Google]
1458217621601.jpg
320 KB, 1024x1400
If you had $15,000-$20,000 to invest and you wanted to buy some s&p ETFs and you knew you wouldn't be able to contribute regular amounts after that money ran out, how would you do it?

Should I buy slowly or quickly? It's my understanding that it's best to buy often and smaller than lumpsum and infrequently due to compounding but also not buy too low that trading fees rape you.

So how should I do this? $1000/month for 15 months? $1500/month for 10 months?

BALLS TO THE WALL $2500/month for 6 months?
>>
Well?
>>
>>1153273
>If you had $15,000-$20,000 to invest and you wanted to buy some s&p ETFs and you knew you wouldn't be able to contribute regular amounts after that money ran out, how would you do it?
>Should I buy slowly or quickly? It's my understanding that it's best to buy often and smaller than lumpsum and infrequently due to compounding but also not buy too low that trading fees rape you.
>So how should I do this? $1000/month for 15 months? $1500/month for 10 months?
>BALLS TO THE WALL $2500/month for 6 months?
Go all-in now. In 1-2 years we are going to 3000-4000.
>>
>>1153340
Based on what? That's what they say every year SENPAI(Same with the opposite)
>>
Well
>>
Can someone reply without memes
>>
Buy the dip. Market is inflated right now.

Compounding interest in the way you described it is a meme. Compounding interest means that you make an investment and your investment makes you some money. That money is reinvested, and you are then gaining interest on money that you already got from getting interest on your money. It will behoove you to simply go all in next time there is a dip and things seem to settle just a bit, but before they rebound.
>>
>>1153504
That's my point. If I just plop the whole thing in at once I miss out on further dips.

I could anticipate a dip for years and miss out on a whole slew of gains or "buy the dip" too early and don't get to buy the real low.
>>
>>1153508
Do this in the future when you have more money to put in. Just remember not to sell when the market dips. You can't gain any interest (compound or otherwise) on money you don't invest.
>>
>>1153508

you might want to wait. the /biz/ short is incoming.
>>
>>1153515
That's why I'm asking how to optimize it.
>>
Covered SHORT PUTS bae GOAT tier.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.