[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are universities considered as "non-profit"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 984375987435.jpg (137 KB, 1124x749) Image search: [Google]
984375987435.jpg
137 KB, 1124x749
When deans get paid like $1 million+ salaries?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/15/private-college-presidents-salary-harvard_n_4433229.html

>inb4 to promote the advancement of science and technology for the benefit to society and mankind

Bullshit. All they are producing are millions of graduates (mostly STEM wannabes) for a few thousand jobs available in the economy, with student loans they can never ever hope to pay back and when most jobs will just go to the "muh enterprising and oppressed immigrant" anyway.
>>
>Few thousand jobs in the economy

Do you really believe that?

I'm tempted to tell you to go back to pol/r9k and whine there but you probably created a thread over there too
>>
File: Girls.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>1142033
>Do you really believe that?

>he believes the official government statistics for unemployment rates
>>
File: 1457942958402_0.jpg (21 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1457942958402_0.jpg
21 KB, 250x241
>>1142034
>He believes there's literally a few thousand jobs because he's too unambitious and he read memes on 4chan from similar people

You are ridiculous.

Yes there's no jobs whatsoever, it's all fake median salaries and employment rates and the government is run by kike reptilians and there's CHEMTRAILS and FLUORIDE IN OUR WATER.

AARRRGGHHY IT'S CALCIFYING MY PENAL GLAND.

Yes yes drop out of school and make an "internet business" affiliate marketing or whatever. By the way the holocaust never happened and the Immigrants are stealing all of our jobs.

THE JEWS AND IMMIGRANTS ARE WHY WE'RE VIRGINS AND NEETS EHO POST ON 4CHAN ALL DAY.

WHO /BETA UPRISING/ HERE?

IM TIRED OF THE DAMN NORMIES AND CHADS KEKING ME WHILE I MASTURBATE TO SASHA GREY GETTING BBC GANGBSNGED.
>>
>>1142031
They pay those high salaries in order to stay competitive by hiring the most talented people.

/thread
>>
>>1142078
>stay competitive

>this meme again
>>
>>1142096
What's the point of making a thread asking a question when you've already made your mind up and no matter what anyone says that doesn't agree with your opinion you'll just dismiss as a "meme" or say it's not true?

You should start a blog with disabled comments instead.
>>
>>1142113
Because this "stay competitive" meme is complete bullshit.

Increasing salary =/= increase in performance

So you "correlation = causation" faggots are really retarded for bringing up the same dumb arguments
>>
>>1142119
Although technically correct your thinking is flawed. There is no correlation between performance and salary but there is a correlation between skills/experience and salary. The higher salary you can offer the more talented and experienced people will be attracted to work for you. Its just like high paid athletes or CEOs of large companies. Those people can demand higher salaries because they are worth it and they are able to justify the extra revenue that hiring them would bring. Private colleges are businesses and very successful ones at that. Deans are less like administrators these days and more like CEOs of companies that are hired specifically to increase attendance and revenue. You can bitch about how colleges shouldnt be privatized all you want but don't knock the business model. It works.
>>
because the government makes too much money of usury farming its youth that they have to put up with it for their cut. University cost 11X inflation and that best resembles the administrative and athletic caste salary growth.
>>
>>1142132
>You can bitch about how colleges shouldnt be privatized all you want

I thought I made it clear in my OP that I would prefer colleges to be privitized?

Just don't want them parading around the non profit label because thats just cheating the system
>>
>>1142139
There really is not much fundamental difference between non-profit colleges and for-profit colleges. Even "non-profit" colleges are run like normal businesses with constant revenue streams. It is a grey area because in an abstract way most schools serve the "greater good" of society therefore the government has decided to exempt them from paying taxes. The main reason why private schools vie for non-profit status is because donors are much more likely to give money to an institution when their contributions are tax-deductible.

It may seem like these colleges get away with a lot but even private for-profit schools are beholden to the government. Trade schools like ITT and Devry have come under a ton of scrutiny lately because the Obama administration decided to target them specifically. There is a lot of contraversy over employment statistics and if graduates are really getting jobs after they leave these trade schools. Marinello School of Beauty was recently pretty much shut down overnight as the government pulled funding for pell grants which made up $87 million and 80% of their revenue. Its a bit more complicated than you make it out to be.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.