[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EBAY THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9
File: Ebay1.png (143 KB, 620x320) Image search: [Google]
Ebay1.png
143 KB, 620x320
Hey fellow Ebay sellers! How's the month going? Holy shit Feb sucked dick for sales.

Veterans/noobs welcome. Share some ideas/protips.

I've started photographing all shipments along with the tracking information. Saved my ass when I shipped out 3 big products but only uploaded one tracking number and the guy claimed he only received 1 item of the 3. Sent him the remaining two tracking numbers showing they were delivered before he filed his claim. Currently waiting on his response but I've already called Ebay and informed them about it.
>>
>>1139227
>Sent him the remaining two tracking numbers showing they were delivered

That was a dumb idea, should've let him open up a case so he could get banned AFTER you proved him wrong.

Now he's going to continue scamming people...
>>
>>1139236
He opened a case against me for a refund stating he never received all the items.

>Get message about case being open against me and demanding a refund

>Apologize for not uploading all the tracking information, upload them, and state "it seems all three items were delivered successfully before you filed this claim"

>Call Ebay and they said to let him respond but they will mark his account.

I was just happy that the policies I've implemented saved us around $400.00. Cockbag would have stolen the items if I put them all in one box.
>>
File: real nigga hours.gif (94 KB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
real nigga hours.gif
94 KB, 325x244
>>1139237

A drop shipper bought some of my items several times at once, combined shipped them all to one address by mistake. Took a looked at each purchase & figured he was drop shipping after it was picked up.
had to hunt down the postman to get everything back before it was too late

USPS Package Intercept is shit desu
>>
>>1139246
What's drop shipping?
>>
File: scammed twice.png (627 KB, 984x1108) Image search: [Google]
scammed twice.png
627 KB, 984x1108
>>1139253

Drop shipping is where you try to make .50 cents selling something you don't own.

Basically you go to other sites and find things on sale, then you sell it for a higher price on another site. When some idiot buys your item, you go back to the sale site and put the buyers address instead of yours.

Ta-da you made .50 or $1. Don't think it lasts long, there are a ton of people doing the same thing. Also the sale site might run out of stock so you'll end up with a negative feedback when you can't make the sale. Or the sale site might ship from California, when your description said you were located in Rhode Island. So now the New York buyer gets his package late & leaves you a negative feedback.
>>
File: Ebay.jpg (61 KB, 802x971) Image search: [Google]
Ebay.jpg
61 KB, 802x971
>>1139266
Ah pretty nice scam but very little reward for such a high risk. Here are my sales so far this year.
>>
>>1139266

That's not what it used to mean.

It used to mean that you would build a website to sell some item and market it aggressively.

Then you either buy the items from Alibaba or from somewhere else but you are at least taking on the risk and acting as a distributor so it wasn't really that much of a scam.

I don't know how things work nowadays.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you guys tell me what you do on Ebay? We have a local classified website for our country and I was thinking about trying something myself. My idea was to buy shit from Alibaba and resell it.

What do you guys do?
>>
>>1139253
Dropshipping is acting as an external salesman. You contract out a wholesaler to sell ship the good directly to the consumer.
The consumer pays you, and you pay the wholesaler. The margins are slim, but the wholesaler only agrees to such a condition because he has shit he doesn't want to bother with actively seeking sales / advertising directly.
>>
>>1139357
I sell auto parts.
>>
>>1139375

Cool. What kind of stuff?

I know a bit about cars but here in the Netherlands there's not that much of a big market for them. I was thinking about getting into moped stuff though because we have tons of those over here. If I could identify a shortage in the market I could stock up a garage and sell the parts locally. Or even offer to install them myself.
>>
>>1139378
I sell Wheels, Airbags, Radios, Door Mirrors, etc. Pretty much anything that can unbolt off a car I sell online.

Easiest thing to do stateside is get your salvage license and go to the auctions
>>
>Have problem buyer.
>Post on badbuyerlist.org
>Think everything is done.
>Buyer responds to bad buyer post.
>Starts fraudulent return request saying "defective"
>Unusual set of circumstances, item was brand new, buyer lied multiple times, eBay indian support won't do jack shit.
>Accept return.
>Not sure what I'll get back.

welp gg
>>
Is it possible to find a seller for ill-obtained goods who would sell shit for a modest split?
>>
>>1139392

would you ever consider buying supplies from Alibaba?
>>
>>1139227
February was OK for me, as was January. But the worrying part is that last year started off strong and ended up in the toilet. I mean doubled meager 1st quarter sales doesn't make up for halved 4th quarter sales.

March is pretty slow so far. I'm hoping it picks up soon. But I didn't get the latest free promo so I only have a fraction of my inventory up. No sense paying to list anything these days.
>>
Honest question for you eBay sellers...

Are you constantly updating/adding the products you sell, or do you just sell the same products throughout the year?
>>
>>1139790
I sell the same kind of products all year round and relist until they sell out. But I have an inventory of ~200 and 50 free slots so I just cycle through randomly. Honestly I wish my sellthrough was about ten times higher so I could catch up.
>>
>>1139307
How is it a scam?

It's the poor mans import/export business.

I tried it as well with a product I knew well. I ordered 600 units and it took ages to get them sold.

Meanwhile I made only 50 cents per sold unit. Not worth the hassle.
>>
any tactics to get buyers from ebay to your own site? iam kinda fed uo with ebay's shit
>>
Hey everyone Im new to this board. Id like to know how to make profit off of ebay. Any tips would help. Thanks
>>
File: IMG_1826.png (1 MB, 816x612) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1826.png
1 MB, 816x612
>>1141040

If you already have a brand, all you have to do is change your username to your website + dotcom. Therefore buyers will check to see if you have better price over there. I've also seen sellers leaving feedbacks like "Thanks for shopping at BillyBobJoe.com".

Or you can just give discounts in the receipt you send with every order.

>Pic related
Like this receipt I received, you can use your site as a place to host instructions/tips.
>>
File: IMG_1824.png (4 MB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1824.png
4 MB, 1632x1224
>>1141165

You can't put your site on the receipt for a promo since it's against eBay policy, but you can put your brand

Anyone that's not stupid will know to search it on Google or simply put .com to go to it.
I mean C'MON 20% off
>>
File: 1457834949106.jpg (11 KB, 411x369) Image search: [Google]
1457834949106.jpg
11 KB, 411x369
>>1141074

Everyone seems to want golden flax these days...
>>
>>1141189
>He doesn't merch spirit shields

Smfh
>>
Noob here.

Do most of you find your items somewhere and then sell them? Or do you make? Or do you purchase items online then try and resell them to make a profit?
>>
Has anyone else had crazy buyers recently?

>Sell stick of laptop ram to buyer.
>Indian based, address in USA, might be reshipped, don't know.
>Offer 30 day warranty.
>Buyer sends cheesy broken English message saying the item failed on the 30TH DAY, and that the "service men" back this up.
>Needs a full refund!11! needs money for school.
>Tell them I'm out of the office, and will get back to them tomorrow (31st day)
>Block, report, email [email protected] to submit buyer for review, and inform them of bullshit scam.
>Buyer leaves almost entirely negative feedback, literally 70% of their feedback left is negative.
>No feedback received yet.
ffs stay safe out there guys, I've encountered multiple scammers this month after selling items, multiple nonpaying buyers. Various return requests, and one huge asshole who started a return because I reported them.. >>1139606
>>
File: 1457870660401.jpg (166 KB, 612x682) Image search: [Google]
1457870660401.jpg
166 KB, 612x682
>>1141262
Answer this. Please.
>>
>>1141525
I have a wholesale/distribution account. Margins areally a little thin for my sellthrough rate though.
>>
>>1141262
Thrift stores, facebook, craigslist, swapmeets,Retail stores(toysrus, walmart, big lots, etc.), video game stores like Gamestop, yard sales, at the lowest is estate sales, those have always been real shit in my town. I never do local auction, storage or per item.

Today I picked up about $600 of brand new CDs from a Goodwill, along with a Gameboy Advance and some audiobook, yesterday a 2DS and Pokemon Soulsilver for $40 total(silver is $47 on its own) from Facebook.
I really need to get to listing though, I haven't listed an item on eBay in 2 weeks and it shows.
>>
>>1141920
Forgot to mention the CDs are going to Amazon FBA.
>>
>>1139736
I would never buy autoparts from Ablibaba. I sell only OEM (basically from manufacturer) so I command a greater premium over aftermarket bullshit (shit made in China, breaks quickly).

>>1139790
I sell what sells. If something moves quickly, I make sure to get more of it. Something doesn't sell I stop buying it.

>>1141262
>>1141525
I have a brick and mortar business that I sell things online as well as in store.

>>1141491
I've got a guy who ordered $450 worth of parts who started a return when he said only one item arrive. Thankfully I have tracking on all items. But my $450 just sitting in limbo right now.

>>1141920
>>1141922
That's the thing. Can't stop listing. Active accounts are a good sign.
>>
>>1141165
>>1141177
I just put my business name and address. Sometimes I'll get people who drive to my store to pick things up if it's close enough,.
>>
File: top jew.jpg (290 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
top jew.jpg
290 KB, 960x1280
>Buyer with 22,000+ feedback buys item.
>$200+
>Free First Class, Priority for $5.75.
>Selects free First Class.
>Sends message saying SHIP ASAP! SHIP PRIORITY WITH INSURANCE!
>Kindly tell them they can upgrade to Priority to $5.75
>They say to invoice them for $4.30, as first class is $1.30
>Can't ship item, as they asked to ship asap, but upgrade shipping, and haven't paid for upgraded shipping.

what in the fucking shit did you just shoah my shekles you little bitch.
>>
>>1143408
>>Sends message saying SHIP ASAP! SHIP PRIORITY WITH INSURANCE!
Wouldn't have even messaged the fool back.
>>
>>1143416
Yeah, good point.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.