[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/CAREER-GENERAL/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: Deprimiertes_Fröschlein.png (10 KB, 200x194) Image search: [Google]
Deprimiertes_Fröschlein.png
10 KB, 200x194
>mfw I failed my EconMath course along with 50% of my class
>mfw I´m dumber than I thought
>mfw I turned down that financial advisory traineeship because they wanted me to sell out my (very small) circle of friends
>mfw I´m not strong and tough enough to be succesful
Who else /failing in life/ here?
>>
File: 5ad.jpg (43 KB, 400x557) Image search: [Google]
5ad.jpg
43 KB, 400x557
>>1134187

Push through, my man. Push through, retry this exam again and again until they throw you out or you win. University is a good opportunity to become callous against failure and this skill is essential for winning at life. I am an EE student and failed one exam after the other in the first 2 semesters, but getting this indifference towards failure improves you A LOT. It wasn't easy, I got really depressed and thought I am a useless shit, I got drunk every day and wanted to quit. Nevertheless, I persevered. I am succeeding in the first subjects now since my nervousness in the exams are close to zero. Failure builds character. Don't give in and keep going.
>>
>>1134203
Thanks man, I appreciate that. Life´s sometimes very weird and strange, but also beautiful. I guess, I just have to keep on fighting,

I think, I´ll put some money in an investment fund in the next time. Can anyone here recommend me a good mixed european stock fund, e.g. Carmignac Patrimoine?
>>
>filename

Hello germanbro, I'm failing as well.

i thought about doing an IQ test recently, but I'm afraid it might turn out that I'm a legit retard
>>
im trying to lose weight but i constantly go beyond my recommended portions.
>>
File: Here.gif (368 KB, 245x137) Image search: [Google]
Here.gif
368 KB, 245x137
As I've been on the chans for about a decade now. I have a policy against responding to frogposters.
Something in your post made my oldfag heart beat a little.

First things first. Don't do mutual funds ever.
Index Funds and Index Futures have long since eclipsed these dinosaurs. Kill yourself for falling for the marketing. and learn to do the math.
4% fees if you win 1.5% for losing.

2nd- That trainee shit was bull. Its just MLM by a different name. They want to harvest you for your relationships. Your network is very very valuable. Protect it. Don't sell out for 50$ a friend, or whatever. Protect your friends man. Apparently you have an inkling of backbone.

3rd) Do whatever it takes to learn math. If you don't know numbers, you'll never have $numbers$
Math is the Study of Relationships.
Good Relationships are the Key to success

4th You have found a weakness before it becomes a problem. This is in fact good news.
jump back on that horse and make it your bitch.
>>
>>1134187
>mfw I´m dumber than I thought

You aren't dumb it's just high school doesn't adequately prepare people for college

You need to actually study and bust your ass
>>
File: 1447173178986.jpg (28 KB, 590x442) Image search: [Google]
1447173178986.jpg
28 KB, 590x442
I graduated high school and now I don't know what to do with my life
My dad would like me to go to college, but I have no idea what to major in

Every career option seems equally mundane and terrible
I'm probably on the wrong board, but the prospect of earning a lot of money doesn't really do it for my on it's own either so I don't feel sufficiently motivated to just go do whatever I believe will make me richest

It feels really bad

Also I'm shit at math, should I off myself?
>>
>>1135321
B-But I never had to before. I always was too smart for learning...

>>1135380
>just bee yurself brah
Kidding, get out and experience the world.
The more you experience, the more you (hopefully) learn about yourself. Then find what you love and what pays the bills and do it for the rest of your life.
>>
>>1134250
I did an IQ test and scored 131

I also am doing extremely well in college

but then again I have literally zero common sense or organisational ability and have been fired from every job I've ever had
>>
>>1134429
I am not entirely sure what you´re trying to say with point 3, with how math is the study of relationships.

But thank you for patting my back. I guess, I just have to carry on.
Maybe I´ll find that strength someday.
>>
>>1134307
Take adhd meds. My girlfriend use to be pretty skinny while taking them, she looks more fit now though.
>>
>>1135801
I'm mad jelly. I probably AM a legit retard
>>
>>1135801
>IQ test
Kek. IQ tests are for insecure cucks.
>>
>>1135858
Well, I am pretty insecure
>>
>>1134250
Don't fall for the IQ meme, ive done a few and scored pretty high yet I am terrible at algebra and Calc.
>>
Anyone else switch careers recently? They say that most people switch at some point in their lives, but I feel like I wasted the last 4 years of my life and like I'm far behind my peers with an entry level job at age 27.
>>
>>1134187
>be back at community college as a freshman after 2 years
>have to pull up shit gpa
>still dont know what I want to study

I'd love to get into finance but my transcript is piss poor, and engineering doesn't interest me.
What do
>>
>>1134250
IQ basically determines how much you read, how good your school is and how much diverse and relevant information you've been exposed to throughout your life.
>>
>>1136505
second this, was thinking to get into accounting since my gpa is shit but 127 IQ

anyone else know if accounting really "that bad"?
>>
>>1136358
>Done a few
>scored pretty high

You mean those shit online ones that make it literally impossible to get bellow 110?
>>
>>1135861
IQ means nothing in the real world unless you're an downey

Dont let a number define you, or give you "reassurance" about your intelligence.

No one is smart, except for a few people in the world.
>>
>>1137631
Please stop with IQ meme. Employers dont give a fuck about it. Work hard and youll be "successful"
>>
>Be me right now
>Doing an msc in economics in Amsterdam
>Have to pass 2 modules in Mathematical Economics
>Realizing now I am just not good enough
>Passed all other exams
>Got resit for mathematical economics on wednesday
>Don't think I will pass it or ever be able to
>If I fail will have to come back next year-still don't know if I will be able to pass
>Invested over 5k in getting this masters but I don't think I will ever be able to pass because of this fucking course
>Getting depressed and unmotivated because of it

I know how you're feeling brother, stay strong.
>>
>>1137708
i dont mean to say IQ makes a big difference just that I know I am capable.

do you think accounting is really as bad as other /biz/realis say it is?
>>
I failed college twice. After the second time you become indifferent.
>>
>>1137636
Muh Einstien tier IQ
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.