[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To the anon who told me my micromarket vending idea was rubbish:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1449738544308.gif (1 MB, 680x849) Image search: [Google]
1449738544308.gif
1 MB, 680x849
To the anon who told me my micromarket vending idea was rubbish: Suck it.

My profits are not getting eaten by card fees; almost nobody charges items. 95% of transactions are from account balance, so my only card fee is a nominal $0.10 whenever somebody funds their kiosk account.

The kiosk provider charges 5%, but so far it's worth it; they handled a tremendous billing problem for me and their back-end software is useful.

I am literally sitting around on my off days checking every few hours to watch my captive consumer audience give me money for food, beverages, and the sugary jew. They clamor for my products. All I have to do is send out the occasional coupon and restock twice a week. Soon I'll be expanding.

enjoy your bitshit and ethercuck, wherever you are. I'm collecting cash for no work and little risk, all day, erry day. Forever.
>>
>>1122915
>ethercuck
How dare you!
>>
OP, that was kind of hard to understand. You have vending machines?
>>
>>1122926
I have micromarkets.

Vending taken to the next level. No more stuffy machines that take your money and hang your product off the end of the spool like a pleb. It's like a shrunk-down convenience store with coolers and open shelves, and a self-checkout kiosk where you pay from an account by thumbprint. Takes away all of the psychological pay barrier.

I have it located at a small business here in Oregon. It's monitored by a security camera system to prevent theft. I haven't had any incidents so far which is kind of surprising, but then again I got their evil-looking HR guy on my side during my sales pitch and he put the fear of God in to the employees apparently.

Someone was trying to tell me it was a terrible idea. I know he's not here, but it was cathartic.
>>
>>1122931
Well that's interesting, nice work. How much money did you have to put up front? And how much money are you making from it/them?
>>
>>1122915
Good job OP, you've inspired me to do the same in a different niche. Keep up the good work!
>>
>>1122915
I am enjoying my ethercuck thank you very much.
>>
File: Kwikemart.png (57 KB, 540x454) Image search: [Google]
Kwikemart.png
57 KB, 540x454
>>1122915
>>1122931
how'd you get started in this?
can you post a picture of your micromarket so i have a better idea about what you're talking about?
i mean it really just sounds like you've got a kwik-e-mart or something
>>
>>1122992
>status
>rekt
Well done
>>
>>1122931
>Someone was trying to tell me it was a terrible idea. I know he's not here, but it was cathartic.
Don't be this bitter man, people will say that about literally anything. Just move on.
>>
>>1122915
>ethercuck

Im offended. I like ethereum and I like your idea. Good on you son.

Micromarketing and ethereum to the moon!
>>
Not necessarily 100% related, but the supermarket at my college recently introduced self check out counters with debit card payment and holy shit that shit is convenient. Can't wait till this gets more widespread desu
>>
>>1122931
>thumbprint
most horrible idea ever
i hope you have a support phone cause in a month you gonna get a shitton of stolen empty accounts and you want be able to do shit.
>>
>>1122931
I work in the Portland area and have one of these in my office. Is it Avanti?
>>
From what I read;

It's a small setup of 8-12 feet of typical convenience store snacks and beverages with brew-yourself coffee and a self-checkout system that accepts anything and even a pre-loaded proprietary card system if desired. It's set up to be run without any employees, and have low cost.

NAMA micro-markets are self-serving apparently twice a week a driver will stock and order and check/clean equipment. Per OP maybe you can substitute some of the cost doing this yourself?

It's designed to be set-up in an office-like setting. Imagine THE OFFICE (TV show) having this instead of a few vending machines in the breakroom and you get the point.

Benefits are, it's more convenient and has a better selection. It's faster and easier and has more offerings when compared to vending machines. This also means income potential is capped by the location, theft is still a possibility. Working as a convenience store manager myself, I'd guess a 30% margin across the board with theft being your largest concern.
>>
>>1123600
Dont be offended by ethercuck. Embrace it.
>>
>>1122915
I remember that thread. Good job OP.
>>
What kind of rent agreement do you have? % of total sales or fixed monthly amount? How about utilities?
>>
>>1122915
I'm interested in knowing the details, cost, procedure, and exactly who is your kiosk providor
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.